JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is pretty much one primary requirement for any uprising; that it be popular.

Pretty much the majority of people would have to support it.

Even though there are 100 million armed citizens and 300 million firearms, I would estimate that more than two thirds of the populace would not support any kind of armed resistance to the government unless there was a drastic change in how the government worked.

The erosion of our rights has been very gradual, comfortable and unnoticed by most. It would take a sudden drastic downward change for an uprising to take place. I'm not even talking loss of rights, more like a sudden loss of comforts Americans are used to.
I do prep just in case though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am glad you guys had good brothers in arms but the reality of the situation is that there are people there that didn't, and don't hold the same values as us when it comes to who they serve. There are quite a few people that if the SHTF or there is an armed resistance, they better not come looking, because I know why they are there.

Gunny I am sorry to tell you that in the military there are plenty of people that would follow that order gleefully, and would relish pulling the trigger.

And I will happily push their eraser button and forget they ever claimed to be my countrymen

While I am sure there are a lot of honorable good men and women in the military, and I appreciate their service, they come from the same pool of people that any other profession comes from - the general populace.

In my experience, albeit outdated (it has been almost 35 years since I served), there were more people I served with who didn't support private ownership of firearms than those that did.

Granted, a good 50% of those people were young 20 somethings (or younger) who had not really matured yet so they maybe changed their minds since, but in my experience most people tend to keep those kind of sentiments throughout their lives unless something drastic happens.

Most of these kids did not join the military to serve their country or their fellow humans, as much as they had nothing to do after finishing high school and joined the military on a whim (I made it a habit to ask those on their first enlistment why they joined and for most that seemed to be the answer).

So I don't have a lot of faith in the idea that our military would stand down if given bad orders - especially the senior officers.

Ditto with LEOs.

Well one guy who worked at The Bullseye when the gateway sniper took the AR said being in the army without getting to go to war was like sex without the happy ending.
I'm sure there are plenty of guys who would relish the fact that they may get to shoot someone.

I have faith in my fellow military, to not obey such unlawful orders. You might not take the oath we rendered seriously, but we do.

When those orders are being issued, that is when when we will know it has started.

The US military has suffered a purge over the previous few years and the military is trained to follow orders 1st, report illegal orders second

The US military has suffered a purge over the previous few years and the military is trained to follow orders 1st, report illegal orders second

I would hope the good guys would stand with The People but I have very high doubts. Just look at what happens in other countries and has happened here. The cops and even sometimes the military stands with the tyrannical government leaders against the rights of the citizens. I have a lot more hope for our military then our police force though.

It's equally amazing to me how exquisitely effective public schools have been at erasing our awareness of the role that State Constitutions play in this balance of power equation. State Constitutions protected our rights against State-level abuse before the US Constitution even existed.... and they still do. The USC was created specifically, in part, to protect us from abuse at the hands of the government created by the USC, i.e. the federal government. But yet, we gun rights lovers whip out the good ol' 2nd Amendment every time a State abuse issue comes up. The 2nd Amendment is not relevant to a discussion about State-level infringement of gun rights. And if you think the 2nd is made applicable to the States via the 14th Amendment, you haven't read much about the history of the 14th Amendment. I recommend reading the Supreme Court's first-impression case on the 14th Amendment. It's called "The Slaughterhouse Cases". It's an eye-opener.

How about the 10th instead of the 14th? No real room for penumbras and emanations there, they try though. But yeah, in the end how much does the 2nd or any gun rights law in state constitutions really matter when the governments ignore the law/rights openly? Look at all the blustering going on in Connecticut right now, talk of instant felons, send out the squads to lock them up etc.. Various papers and officials are openly or vaguely saying that those mag limits/registrations are the law until found unconstitutional, except the new Conn. laws openly violate their own constitution. There was no amendment passed to repeal it just a law by their legislature.

"State Constitutions protected our rights against State-level abuse before the US Constitution even existed..." well except for those states created post 1789, several post 1865, and in reality all states after 1913 due to federal funding blackmail (withholding highway dollars to get Fed desired laws passed locally, Fed child support kickbacks etc. etc.) and the direct election of senators.

Why is the assumption always put forth by progressives that the entire Army of the state would be against the people of this country?

Think about this for a second. Why would a progressive think this?

The greatest threat to freedom is not tanks and drones it is the complete and utter brainwashing of the American populace aka government worshiping automatons. 49 out of 50 people 'out there' are standing at the ready to 'report on you.'

That far exceeds the advantage of tanks, cameras, drones, etc. Americans - talking 98% here - have already drank the Kool-Aid and are ready to put their brown shirts on and be good citizens, no matter what.

When the government and military fully turn on the people and in-your-face tyranny takes hold it will be 'the people' that will defeat themselves from the start.

Hopefully, the Plutocracy that runs this corporate state will be satisfied a little longer with their clandestine Empire populated by deluded idiots and will not need to convert us into a nation of serfs aware of our slavery just yet.

In other words, buying time is about the only option at this point. Sorry for the youth though, they are screwed.

Great, they start out by misspelling "asymmetric" HIT F7 YA NITS! All of the overtures about fighting insurgencies is great... just the kind of reasonable talk that plays right into the irrational fears of an emotional media.

Fact of the matter is, a modern mechanized war on the homefront is impossible. There will be no march into Prague, no Tienamen Square. Because all it takes for the government to lose is for everyone to stay home that day, maybe it'll take a few more days than that, but on average a "martial law" situation will cost the government about $42,958,904,109 per day. Assuming they don't spend any extra money on ordinance, gas, etc. If we slough-off for a work week? that's $215bn. I know everyone gets all excited about phrases like "debt limit", "insolvency" and "default" but these words and phrases have no meaning until the US economy just stops. Like it would the day the army is walking the streets.

What "the gun" really boils down to is a symbol... to you and me, it's a symbol of our self-reliance. A symbol the hardcore left wants to take away from us, thinking it is the source of our power. This is why we need to drop the "gun" from the "gun rights" debate, and focus more on rights. This is a debate no totalitarian wants to have... especially when they have been telling us all along we have the right to... keep your plan, keep your doctor, marry who/what you want to, say what you want (as long as it's not "fire" in a crowded movie theater), and the list goes on. Frame it that way, and we don't look like a bunch of fetishists looming over our toys, and the slippery slope arguments start to make sense to everyone else.

An unjust law is unjust and unenforceable from the moment of it's inception, true story and backed up by SCOTUS.

Only if SCOTUS thinks it is unjust.

This is the court that has upheld Second Amendment restrictions and voted 5-4, a close vote, when it did vote in favor of the Second Amendment. There are a lot of bad laws on the books that SCOTUS has upheld or declined to review over the centuries. So I would not hold them up as the example in this case.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top