JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All piscatorial kidding aside, I'd like to know details about the detriments observed in an Uberti Vernier tang sight. Two that I have seen (operated one) appeared and worked fine.

I will admit that MVA sights seem better finished. Cannot speak for Shaver (another reputed to be well done), since I have not seen/operated one in hand.

Spitpatch I am going to be taking the new sights/scope plan slowly so plenty of time for us to talk about that. As to the Black Powder/Shoulder breaking modern stuff. I'd like to look into both. As to the time and dedication to do BP cartridge correctly I have a huge advantage in that my local club has a very active BP cartridge group of shooters with monthly shoots So direct assistance will be almost forced on me LOL. They seam to hunger for new meat to shoot with. If the rifle ever shows up I'll give you a shout after the Holidays and we can talk.

P.S. I was fondling that beautiful Model 1894 my son and I bought from you just the other day thinking I needed to get it to the range and blow the cobwebs out of it.

Well I called Taylor they said it was delivered to the dealer on the 15th (today is the 23rd) so I call the dealer he says not in yet. Then calls back 10 min later to tell me its there (Hmmmm). I run in to do the 4473. I get to see it handle it etc. Above average wood for what I thought I might be getting. All the metal finish is very nice action works very nice. I fill out the 4473 with my one of a kind Name drivers license number CHL number and Social stand around for 1/2 an hour and it comes back with a Delay!!!!&*^&(*^*&%$#@&^*)_(+(+_&^%*&$E#$R%&*Y(()* Bubblegum. SO I call the number tell them I have no idea why when I just renewed my CHL a couple months ago I would be delayed and left a message.

SO Now my big Christmas present to myself might take GAWD KNOWS HOW LONG TO BE APPROVED when there is NO POSSIBLE reason for it to not be approved. Last BGC check I did was I think 10 or 15 min to approval.

I'm currently in a slightly sour mood.

I'd be in a sour mood and would be asking the dealer why they were holding onto "my" rifle for a week and didn't let me know... In fact, I'd be chewing on them pretty hard for using my rifle to show others what they can get. That last part could be false, but I'd sure grind them about that. In fact, I think you should mention them by name so any other member that thinks of purchasing from them could keep tabs on sh!t like this. You paid ahead of time for YOUR rifle, not their advertising.
I got delayed once. Got a call before noon the next day to come pick it up.
Hope you get it by Christmas.

Yea the dealer says it was the shipper. The info from UPS says it was signed for on the 15th not arriving on the 23rd. Me I just want my rifle. Which is now down to OSP unless the dealer didn't enter something correctly. If it wasn't for Covid, the holiday, the huge backlog at OSP I'd most likely be a bigger PITA for the dealer.

Don't buy it. That's BS. Be the bigger pain.
Unless YOU track it and the signer isn't a name that works at the gun shop. That's happened.

Spitpatch I am going to be taking the new sights/scope plan slowly so plenty of time for us to talk about that. As to the Black Powder/Shoulder breaking modern stuff. I'd like to look into both. As to the time and dedication to do BP cartridge correctly I have a huge advantage in that my local club has a very active BP cartridge group of shooters with monthly shoots So direct assistance will be almost forced on me LOL. They seam to hunger for new meat to shoot with. If the rifle ever shows up I'll give you a shout after the Holidays and we can talk.

P.S. I was fondling that beautiful Model 1894 my son and I bought from you just the other day thinking I needed to get it to the range and blow the cobwebs out of it.

Here's my theory regarding the approval delay: You were under ATF surveillance when you came to my house (anybody invited there is up to no good). Hence, a red check-mark next to your name. The mark of Cain and no redemption.

I was loading .30-30's (big batch for every gun here) just the other day and I reminisced about that '94 Carbine. The exquisite bluing done on that little gun is something not seen today. I am glad to know you still have it.

Oh that model 94 is destined to be a family heirloom. Might take a couple generations to come up with a good story about how grandpa got it back in the day but I have every confidence one of the grand daughters will come up with something LOL.

I gave up the silly practice of selling firearms my history with it is not so great.

Smith Corona O3-A3 in NRA 95% Bought for $150 sold a couple years later to pay an electric bill for $175 currently a $900+ rifle
Winchester Model 1890 .22 long NRA 90% was dads could have bought it from him for $225 let it go at a gun show for $250 Now a $800+ rifle
Remington Model 552 BDL .22 semi auto in almost new condition traded a knife for it sold for less then $200
Remington Model 572 BDL .22 Pump in almost new condition traded a knife for it sold for less then $200
Inland M1 carbine paid $250 sold for $300 now a +$900
Winchester Model 72 traded a $95.00 knife for it sold for $100 now $450+
Winchester model 75 traded a $95.00 knife for it sold for $125.00 now $450+

ETC. SO I no longer sell anything. I just buy what I want to KEEP. That pretty model 94 from you a perfect example.

Oh that model 94 is destined to be a family heirloom. Might take a couple generations to come up with a good story about how grandpa got it back in the day but I have every confidence one of the grand daughters will come up with something LOL.

I gave up the silly practice of selling firearms my history with it is not so great.

Smith Corona O3-A3 in NRA 95% Bought for $150 sold a couple years later to pay an electric bill for $175 currently a $900+ rifle
Winchester Model 1890 .22 long NRA 90% was dads could have bought it from him for $225 let it go at a gun show for $250 Now a $800+ rifle
Remington Model 552 BDL .22 semi auto in almost new condition traded a knife for it sold for less then $200
Remington Model 572 BDL .22 Pump in almost new condition traded a knife for it sold for less then $200
Inland M1 carbine paid $250 sold for $300 now a +$900
Winchester Model 72 traded a $95.00 knife for it sold for $100 now $450+
Winchester model 75 traded a $95.00 knife for it sold for $125.00 now $450+

ETC. SO I no longer sell anything. I just buy what I want to KEEP. That pretty model 94 from you a perfect example.

Ditto. 'cept you might get the slow learner award.:)

Ditto. 'cept you might get the slow learner award.:)
I can only say it was out of necessity Being a Full time knifemaker at the time trading a knife or rarely using profits at the end of some big successful show to buy something only to have a bill that needed to be paid 3-4 months later and no sign of funds was the main cause. Same reason a bunch of my firearms have been in and out of a pawn shop. Got to pay the bills. That said when I stopped knifemaking in 96 and got a real job I don't think anything has been sold and I know all the bills have been paid LOL. And soon after the collection started to grow and grow. SO I blame it on being a full time successful knifemaker LOL. Sell 250 knives a year and worry about how to pay the bills every month.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top