JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Similar thread on another forum that I enjoy. Folks posting up photos of the guns they packed while enjoying the great outdoors, and photos of those great outdoors.

Today was odd as I was packing my P365 on an elk-scouting trip on my UTV and on foot. Hot and just didn't feel like carrying anything bigger. Didn't take pics of the gun, since I always forget it's there when I carry it. Which is precisely why I carry it.

But I did get some pics of the beautiful scenery and an actual elk...

IMG_20200929_135152476.jpg

IMG_20200929_121719934.jpg

My co-pilot...

IMG_20200929_140018410.jpg

And there is actually a cow elk in this photo, about 700 yards away...

IMG_20200929_135201145.jpg

No pictures of the gun; but I was carrying a Ruger SP101 when I tracked, and found, a nice bull elk and his group of lady friends.
Sadly I recently found out work is sending me out of state for hunting season so the bull will live to see another day...

C1866B7C-2FFE-4477-90AE-F955788B7E44.jpeg

I usually carry a 9mm, although years ago a 12 gauge could be an option when the kitties were supposedly acting up. I'm getting a holster for the .357 which will probably be my standard woods gun going forward. And some earplugs too I guess.

I wasn't in the woods today, but I was Sunday and will be again tomorrow.
This is what I had with me then and will again tomorrow. Dan Wesson Classic Bobtail (CBOB) in 45 ACP.
cbob.png
I've carried it for most of the 10 years I've owned it. With this holster and a good leather belt I can pack it from dusk to dawn with little effort. It's all steel, so I know it's there, but that's actually a comforting feeling.
I'm waiting for a holster, though, for a little guy that's likely to get carried a lot.
S&W 60-15 .357 Mag 3"
output (1).jpg
Looking at these pics you'd think I liked stainless. I certainly do for reasons like this.
wet rifle.jpg
The guns I most often take afield are tools. I don't abuse them, but they may see harsh conditions. I feel a lot better knowing I don't have to worry quite so much when I turn my rifle upside down and water runs out.
All that's fine and dandy, but it's what I'm taking Saturday at O dark-thirty when I climb up into that treestand that's waaaay more special and important.
My 1917 Winchester 1894 in 30 WCF.:D
20200420_175923.jpg
I also have a Winchester Pre-64 in 30-06 freshly fancied up, sighted in and ready to go and my good ol Ruger '06AI on standby if I change hunting methods and want more reach, but I've probably already posted enough.:s0090:

Last Edited:
I don't normally carry this one out in the hinterland, but our home is in the forest, so did "carry in the woods today". In the form of hiking down the hill to get the newspaper with the two wee ones. It isn't a long walk, but they call it an "adventure"; they see various plants and animals and the neighbor's horse, so I can see why it is such in their mind. (Momma Bear is in town doing laundry. We had a pipe burst so the laundry room is being repaired. Ah, 2020 the gift that keeps on giving.)

Walther.jpg

I muzzleloaded for deer last week in eastern Wa and packed a 4" pre lock 686 in a bianchi rh leather belt holster. Since I needed my muzzle loading possibles in a small belt pouch on right side, I put the rh bianchi holster on the left side of my hip with butt facing forward. It was surprisingly comfortable while hunting/hiking and also while riding in truck. Access was also quite handy cross draw style. I helped a friend sight in his new muzzleloader on his property before we hunted. After that was done I shot 2rds of my .357 reloads at a 3"x4" rock 50yds away and smoked it both times. My woods carry loads for this pistol are 158gr xtp's at 1275fps.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top