JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
WOW !! Didn't mean to stir the pot.:( What I meant was, that monster looks like a tank on steroids.:eek:
You guys are playing with toys that are way after my time...;)

Please accept my apoliments for overreracting. I guess I'm getting so used to folks making snarky replies to my posts that I find them where they are not. I've modified the post.accordingly.

Most exotic was the 20mm Hispano-Suiza cannon. Allegedly mounted on some vehicles in Europe, though I never saw one after small arms training at Aberdeen Proving Grounds.

Popular? I guess you might say so -

France[edit]
220px-Morane_D.3801_Le_Bourget.jpg
Morane-Saulnier M.S.406, one of several French fighters with the moteur-canon firing through the drive shaft.
United Kingdom & British Empire[edit]
220px-Hurricane_IV_KZ321.jpg
Hawker Hurricane Mk.IV with the long barrels of the Mk.II Hispanos in the wings
220px-P-51.jpg
A Mustang Mk.IA, the only version of the Mustang to carry autocannon: the Hispano Mk.II
220px-SAAF-Avro_Shackleton-003.jpg
Avro Shackleton, sporting two Hispano Mk. V in the nose
220px-Vampire_ag1.jpg
The short barrel Mk.V was used in most early British jet fighters, like this Vampire. The gun ports are visible on the underside of the nose
United States[edit]
220px-Corsair_close.jpg
Twin M3 barrels poking out from the leading edges of the wings of a Corsair.
Yugoslavia[edit]
Sweden[edit]
  • LvAkan m/41 "HS 404" (anti air cannon)
  • Akan m/41A "HS 404" (built in Sweden)
  • Akan m/46A "Hispano Mk. II Mod 46"
  • Akan m/47B "Hispano Mk. V" 150 round magazine. Some built in Sweden.
  • Akan m/47C "Hispano Mk. V" 180 round magazine. Some built in Sweden.
  • Akan m/47D "Hispano Mk. V" Initially 130 round belt fed (HE) and 10 round magazines (AP). Later 30 round box magazine (MPHC-T).
    • Pansarbandvagn 302 tracked armoured personnel carrier. The vehicle used a single akan m/47 cannon re-purposed from scrapped Saab 29 and Venom aircraft.
    • Pansarterrängbil 203A wheeled armoured personnel carrier. The 203A reuses old Pansarbandvagn 302 turrets.
Switzerland[edit]
Argentina[edit]

Popular? I guess you might say so -

I knew about the history of their use, but in 1971 none of the Army trainers at Aberdeen Proving Grounds could identify its use with then-current inventory. I encountered all the other weapons we were trained to maintain - from .38 revolvers to .50 machine guns - in Vietnam. Even stuff no longer issued to US troops [like the M1 carbine, M3 grease gun, and M1A1 Thompson] were still in use by the ARVN units.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top