JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1580067349040.png

I wouldn't like you the think that enlisted men had all the fun - I was a Major when I did this for a couple of days. The 'bullet' weighs 95 pounds in that configuration.

I was in 3 elite units in the Army, so the usual small arms. I also took every opportunity to train with anything "exotic." At various times I was issued an M4, M9, and even a Browning High Power for a deployment. My list includes:
* M4 - expert qual, and fully auto.
* M9 - expert qual
There was no opportunity to qual on these but I got training and trigger time on:
* Mark 19 with dummy grenades, shooting at hulk wrecked vehicles on a massive flat range.
* M2 .50 caliber training and multiple outtings on a massive flat range. Probably 500 rounds, several ammo cans worth.
* M249, training, cleaning, and many ammo cans worth of ammo.
* M240B training, cleaning, and many ammo cans worth of ammo.
* Dillion mini-gun, tens of thousands of rounds of ammo. Not exaggerating.
* RPK fully auto, several belts of ammo.
* PKM fully auto, several belts of ammo.
* Fully auto SCARS in .308 and 5.56, several magazines
* Fully auto Uzi, several mags worth.
* 4 variants of fully auto HK MP5s on several occasions, a lot of magazines worth.
* MG42 fully auto several belts worth.
* AT4 (anti-tank rocket weapon) - training on deployment, safe handling, and 1 shot in the desert in Iraq with a live round at a hold bongo bus 100 yards away. Crude sights, and everyone (all 30 of us) missed it.
* Live hand grenade range, I threw 11 fragmentation grenades and watched as probably over a hundred were thrown.
* I handled all sorts of exotics and interesting captured guns on display in our various HQs.

Probably some others on the list I'm forgetting. This was some of the richness of my Army experience.

Pretty much the same as leadcounsel.

I did get to finger and test a FAMAS with the frenchies on our COP at the time. Also did the exchanging of US troop goods to theirs. Man they've got a better MRE that even comes with a little shot of wine.

I watched ANA/ANP act like 80's action movie mooks with their WARSAW weaponry, that was good enough for me.

M16/CAR15 series rifles
M203 GL
Mk-19 GL
M72 LAW
M60 MG
M14 rifle
M1911 pistol
M9 pistol
M2 BMG
AT-4 RL
M67 hand grenades
M18 Claymore mine
M16 "Bouncing Betty" land mine
MP5 SMG
M7 & M9 bayonet
AN/PVS-4 "Starlight Scope"
AN/PVS-5 NVG
M12 Winchester (I think Model 1200) trench-gun

Funny thing is, after 25 years since handling most of that stuff, I could still pick up any one of those weapons and use them like it was yesterday... and make it rain.;)

Am I missing something here? I'm guessing that you were/are a tanker, right? Well, Sir, don't you be dissin' me because I didn't do tanks. In fact. don't be dissin' me until you've walked around your own country getting shot at by people who have the same colour passports as you do.

Are we good? :rolleyes:
WOW !! Didn't mean to stir the pot.:( What I meant was, that monster looks like a tank on steroids.:eek:
You guys are playing with toys that are way after my time...;)

Most exotic was the 20mm Hispano-Suiza cannon. Allegedly mounted on some vehicles in Europe, though I never saw one after small arms training at Aberdeen Proving Grounds.

My ex girlfriends mom was an exotic weapon for sure!!!!! Technically I never did get "trained" on her but I sure had a few negligent discharges when she would ask for a massage:oops:! Makes me miss my highschool years.....:)

WOW !! Didn't mean to stir the pot.:( What I meant was, that monster looks like a tank on steroids.:eek:
You guys are playing with toys that are way after my time...;)

I was in Tri-Cap Cavalry. Triple Capability, meaning we had helicopters, armor, and grunts in one Squadron (Battalion) size unit.

Our "armor" was the M-551 Sheridan. And those folks were also offended when we called them tanks. Tanks are something big and formidable. So if I was to see a big arse self propelled gun, or a Sheridan, and accidentally call either one a tank, I think it should be taken as a sign of respect, not something to start a fight. So if a person is offended that I call their self propelled gun a tank, that's why the Army now issues stress cards.

Not a tank.
index.jpg

Not a tank.
300px-Yuma_Proving_Ground,_Arizona_(42188342504).jpg

A tank.
index.jpg

Are we square?:D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT