JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While I am not sure if I would call it 'training"...As I have never been in a Anglo- Saxon Shield wall...
But using many of the same movements that were taught to me in the Army , for use of a rifle with the bayonet sure seems to work well with this spear....
Andy
DSC06421.jpg

M2
Mk19 - this is absolutely my favorote thing ever produced by humans.
I got to spend a night doing live fire exercises with the artillery guys once. Wasnt really training though, I just thought it was cool to watch them do their thing.
Also I once ate $20 worth of taco bell in one sitting. That was both very dangerous, and taught me a number of things.

Trained and qualified expert on pretty much every major varient of shoulder fired weapon post 1896 including major Soviet weapons and those used by satellites as well as local modified variants!

Also trained on repair, maintenance, removal, and potential destruction of any/all aircraft weapons and systems as well as related avionics up to and including air launched Nukes! Pretty heady stuff, but cool none the less!

Favorit weapons I got to run a few times was the GAU-8, TAT 104, M-61, M-134 and the M-39, as well as the Bofors 40 mike mike, and the MK-9 light weight pack gun 105 mm canon!

M16- everyone in the army gets this training.
M203- in korea. Even though we only got to fire chalk rounds at the range it was still fun.
M249-my carry weapon in iraq 2005.
M240B- got to shoot it mounted on a humvee at the range.
M2- we went out to the range and learned about it but when it came time to shoot the gun kept malfunctioning and they called it a day. This is one I wish I would have got to shoot while I was in the army but the opportunity never presented itself again.

M16- everyone in the army gets this training.
M203- in korea. Even though we only got to fire chalk rounds at the range it was still fun.
M249-my carry weapon in iraq 2005.
M240B- got to shoot it mounted on a humvee at the range.
M2- we went out to the range and learned about it but when it came time to shoot the gun kept malfunctioning and they called it a day. This is one I wish I would have got to shoot while I was in the army but the opportunity never presented itself again.
I qualed with an m2 several times. The last time, shortly before my ETS I had an OOB. The receiver split in 2, and the feed tray cpver was 15-20 yards away. I and the A gunner were completely uninjured. That was enough of that one for me.

My kids will argue back and forth about which of them has trained with the nastier weapon. The daughter got training on a M-19 semi auto 40mm grenade launcher with the Marines while she was a Corpsman in the NAVY (yea no idea how that happened but we have photos of her firing it. While my son has trained on the Quad 50 mounts used for small craft interdiction by Cruisers and Destroyers He did extremely well firing at floating targets. And even though he was an Electronics tech he was also part of the various Ships he was on security.

I stay out of the debate.

Man, some of youse guys have experienced weapons that didn't exist when I was in.

Wish I coulda...

One weapon not mentioned is the bayonet.

I learned the 'on guard maneuver' along with the 'butt stroke and the horizontal stroke' with a bayonet on the end of my M-14.

To this day, I find myself at odd & rare times with a rifle in my hands (when no one can witness my silliness) practicing these arcane maneuvers just to see if I can still do them.

I can.
M-14? Mine was on one of the last issued, (at MCRD) M-1's. A lot of, "Bucket time" rubbing linseed oil into that bugger. :rolleyes:

My buddy made me train on his hair spray powered 3" spud gun. Not bad 100yd accuracy without any kind of sights!
Better consistency with Air Pressure. This is my, "I-Wacky Anti Tank Gun". Sends an old D-Cell 600 yards with 95 psi.:eek:

Don't know what it's doing now. It went away during a garage sale.:(

I-Wacky Anti-Tank Gun-1.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR