JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
WOW !! Didn't mean to stir the pot.:( What I meant was, that monster looks like a tank on steroids.:eek:
You guys are playing with toys that are way after my time...;)

Please accept my apoliments for overreracting. I guess I'm getting so used to folks making snarky replies to my posts that I find them where they are not. I've modified the post.accordingly.

Most exotic was the 20mm Hispano-Suiza cannon. Allegedly mounted on some vehicles in Europe, though I never saw one after small arms training at Aberdeen Proving Grounds.

Popular? I guess you might say so -

France[edit]
220px-Morane_D.3801_Le_Bourget.jpg
Morane-Saulnier M.S.406, one of several French fighters with the moteur-canon firing through the drive shaft.
United Kingdom & British Empire[edit]
220px-Hurricane_IV_KZ321.jpg
Hawker Hurricane Mk.IV with the long barrels of the Mk.II Hispanos in the wings
220px-P-51.jpg
A Mustang Mk.IA, the only version of the Mustang to carry autocannon: the Hispano Mk.II
220px-SAAF-Avro_Shackleton-003.jpg
Avro Shackleton, sporting two Hispano Mk. V in the nose
220px-Vampire_ag1.jpg
The short barrel Mk.V was used in most early British jet fighters, like this Vampire. The gun ports are visible on the underside of the nose
United States[edit]
220px-Corsair_close.jpg
Twin M3 barrels poking out from the leading edges of the wings of a Corsair.
Yugoslavia[edit]
Sweden[edit]
  • LvAkan m/41 "HS 404" (anti air cannon)
  • Akan m/41A "HS 404" (built in Sweden)
  • Akan m/46A "Hispano Mk. II Mod 46"
  • Akan m/47B "Hispano Mk. V" 150 round magazine. Some built in Sweden.
  • Akan m/47C "Hispano Mk. V" 180 round magazine. Some built in Sweden.
  • Akan m/47D "Hispano Mk. V" Initially 130 round belt fed (HE) and 10 round magazines (AP). Later 30 round box magazine (MPHC-T).
    • Pansarbandvagn 302 tracked armoured personnel carrier. The vehicle used a single akan m/47 cannon re-purposed from scrapped Saab 29 and Venom aircraft.
    • Pansarterrängbil 203A wheeled armoured personnel carrier. The 203A reuses old Pansarbandvagn 302 turrets.
Switzerland[edit]
Argentina[edit]

Popular? I guess you might say so -

I knew about the history of their use, but in 1971 none of the Army trainers at Aberdeen Proving Grounds could identify its use with then-current inventory. I encountered all the other weapons we were trained to maintain - from .38 revolvers to .50 machine guns - in Vietnam. Even stuff no longer issued to US troops [like the M1 carbine, M3 grease gun, and M1A1 Thompson] were still in use by the ARVN units.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top