JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have had to do it plenty of times and it does seem to cost a pretty penny for what amounts to a pair of stickers. Wonder what the percent of mark-up must be.

It's gotta happen every two years and in all honesty, I have no idea as to what the purpose or utility of having to renew vehicle registration is. If the only thing that's changed from the time I bought the car is the mileage, why does it cost me nearly $90 to document that? One can make a case as to why a car may need to be registered in the first place, for stuff like insurance purposes or a recognized way to prove ownership in case of theft. But once the car is yours, why do you need to keep reasserting that, and for that kind of money?

Am I missing something here is there just a lot of idiotic circular logic going on? Does everyone need to keep paying these renewal fees to provide the DMV with $, so that way the DMV can pay for the people that handle the renewal process? Or is there really some purpose/utility to the whole thing?

Have had to do it plenty of times and it does seem to cost a pretty penny for what amounts to a pair of stickers. Wonder what the percent of mark-up must be.

It's gotta happen every two years and in all honesty, I have no idea as to what the purpose or utility of having to renew vehicle registration is. If the only thing that's changed from the time I bought the car is the mileage, why does it cost me nearly $90 to document that? One can make a case as to why a car may need to be registered in the first place, for stuff like insurance purposes or a recognized way to prove ownership in case of theft. But once the car is yours, why do you need to keep reasserting that, and for that kind of money?

Am I missing something here is there just a lot of idiotic circular logic going on? Does everyone need to keep paying these renewal fees to provide the DMV with $, so that way the DMV can pay for the people that handle the renewal process? Or is there really some purpose/utility to the whole thing?

You get to renew every two years...up here, it is every damn year. Oh, and I agree entirely. It is just a way to suck more money out of us.

Don't forget the stupid emissions testing. I have an oil drinking F-350 that seems to make it through every two years. Honestly, it's a waste of money but in the end it's all the same thing - taxes to feed the ever hungry government.

Think of it as the rent your vehicle pays to use the public roads and pollute the public air. Recently, it also became a way to force people to maintain their vehicle liability insurance. A side benefit is that it eventually helps find stolen vehicles---you can't renew without a title!

In my old neighborhood most people have bomb-proof license plate holders---to repel the thieves who just use metal shears to cut off the renewal stickers from other people's plates!........................elsullo :(

Think of it as the rent your vehicle pays to use the public roads and pollute the public air. Recently, it also became a way to force people to maintain their vehicle liability insurance. A side benefit is that it eventually helps find stolen vehicles---you can't renew without a title!

In my old neighborhood most people have bomb-proof license plate holders---to repel the thieves who just use metal shears to cut off the renewal stickers from other people's plates!........................elsullo :(

What damage do I incur by polluting the air that the DMV can do anything about with my money? Does the DMV clean the air after all those drivers get to all dirty? :D

What do you think helps pay for the roads?

The approximate $1400 that they take from my salary each and every month?

You need to quit using logic when considering government policies, your reasoning is sound, and your questions make a lot of sense.......Hence their total inapplicability to anything governmental.

It's just free money for the Government. It means nothing and provides no benefit to anyone EXCEPT the Government.

It's just like being required to "license" your dog. It's rediculous, and wrong, and serves no purpose.

I was just thinking about how Oregon screws me on registration the other day. I have 5 vehicles, 5 atvs, and 4 trailers. The crappy thing is the trailers are $220.00 every 2 years! When I asked the DMV counterperson years ago on why so much, all he said was "if you can afford trailers that big then you can afford to register them".

.... and with the cost of vehicle ownership maybe we should consider that along with our $1.69 bottle of water that we drink every day. (I personally do not get those I'm fond of tea but the same idea!!!)... instead of complaining about these costs that are there... eliminate the fat that you have in your life that will more than offset the registration costs...

<off soap box>

I was just thinking about how Oregon screws me on registration the other day. I have 5 vehicles, 5 atvs, and 4 trailers. The crappy thing is the trailers are $220.00 every 2 years! When I asked the DMV counterperson years ago on why so much, all he said was "if you can afford trailers that big then you can afford to register them".

You have enough money to own all that stuff, yet you whine about spending less than 50 cents a day?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top