JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Body surfing was the deal.
I remember body surfing. All fun and games til you hit two soft mountains in the north and a quagmire in the south, then it is all Splash Mountain. :s0114:
[/QUOTE]

Body surfing is when you find a hog from the bar, put her on a bare waterbed mattress, oil everything up, stand 5' back and JUMP ON!!!

I was just thinking when was the last time I saw a gun rack in a pickup truck. I know growing up and while I was a younger man I used to see gun racks in pick-up trucks quite often especially around hunting season. It was a common sight. My first truck had a gun rack. But it has been a long time since I have seen one. Is it because we are such a liberal state now that we don't want to upset others on the road by showing off our guns or have some moron call 911 because there is a rifle visible, or is it because the laws are so tricky are we afraid of attracting LEOs or is it because theft is higher than it used to be or have we all gone into hiding as we don't want to broadcast that we have guns or are they still there hidden behind tinted windows or do we only use trucks for work and all there is no room in the window of Subaru for a gun rack.

I live in Florida and your post got me to thinking because I haven't seen any gun racks either, so I looked up the carry laws. Here is what I found:

Florida Concealed Carry Laws
It is legal to carry a gun in a car in Florida provided it is in plain sight, which means not concealed. You can have your gun lying on the passenger seat or uncovered on the floorboard. The law differentiates between concealed weapons and those that are securely encased. You can conceal a weapon within the interior of a private vehicle without a license provided it is securely encased or otherwise not readily accessible for immediate use. In other words, a firearm or other weapon cannot be carried on the person or within such close proximity and in such a way that it can be retrieved and used as easily and quickly as if it was carried on the person.

You can transport a gun in your car in Florida in a closed box or container, a zippered gun case or in a holster in the glove box, in the center console compartment or in the backseat. You can also carry a gun in the back rack of a truck. Rifles and shotguns can be carried in the interior space of a car or truck when in plain view.

So it is legal to carry your firearms in a gun rack in your vehicle, but I would advise taking them down if you are going to be out of the vehicle to avoid having them stolen.

I always kind of liked that full sized rear window decal of an AR15 hanging in a rack. :)
Then I got to thinking, it was so life like some idiot would break the window and try to steal the, "Rifle". :(

Then I got to thinking, it was so life like some idiot would break the window and try to steal the, "Rifle".
These days! Seeing as hardly anyone gets arrested and put in jail anymore. The dumbest of criminals get to stay on the streets doing their dirty deeds.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top