JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A lady friend of mine from work had an old pot metal 22 short poorly made pistol her mom gave her (Roscoe Vestpistol from late 50s). She didn't want it around the house so she gave it to me knowing I was a firearm enthusiast. It's been sitting in my safe waiting for one of those gun buy backs. But sounds like they (the Gun grabbers) can't afford them anymore. Was looking forward to a $50 gift certificate of some sort. Now it looks like I can't take advantage of them.

Well at least in PDX land They haven't been able to scratch up enough cash since 2008 to do another one even with the numbers they were getting. I was looking at it as an abuse of their own program. A $10 gun for a $50 certificate.

Gun buyback programs enjoyed a marvelous period of favorable press reports. An actual score of "guns off the streets" could be presented to such revered and venerable news organizations as the Oregonian.

It mattered not that actual criminal usage guns rarely if ever turned up at these events (why would a criminal give up his gun?---only law-abiding citizens are ever required to give up guns). What mattered was that average Joe (or Josephine) Citizen could show up with a gun that had collected dust in their house for years and could get cash on the barrelhead for it.

The tragedy unspoken was that true relics of American History were swept up in these programs and subsequently (and by all requirements of the programs) destroyed. It is arguable that no group of durable relics of American history speak more volumes than the history of firearms. Firearms embody two important traits toward preservation of American History: they define the special freedom of a Government that trusts its citizens. They are also virtually and practically indestructable (given moderate care) against the ravages of time. No paper document can survive what a firearm can survive. No photograph or painting has a chance compared to the survivability of a firearm. They define our freedom, and the average man can preserve them for enternity. The loss of one significant durable item of American history is a loss to every citizen in the country. More so when it could have been easily preserved by a common man interested in his country's heritage.

Gun buybacks are not gone forever. Watch for them again when those who would sacrifice our history for a brief period of falsified safety are once again confident they can sell this idea. The only reason it's gone now is money. The truth remains that it is a losing proposition on every level.

Problem is there is almost no such thing as a "buy back". To buy something back you have to have owned it in the past and the government didn't own it unless you have a weapon that was purchased from the gov't as surplus.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

So maybe there's a collector of 50's vintage pocket pistols out there that would be interested in this one. It's actually in nice shape with no rust or corrosion and even has the original holster and a half used box of Winchester Western Super X 22 Short.

Please leave this type of post and any reply, pictures etc in the classifieds section

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads