JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My list pretty much mirrors the others listed here. My knife is a Gerber with a glass punch and seat belt cutter. My firearm often times is a S and W 442 with two extra Bianchi speed strips. Not to be overlooked is my Fenix PD35 flashlight, with a 960 lumen strobe.

My canine companion comes armed with a full set of teeth and a big dog attitude. Don't let the harmless look (of either her or me) fool you. We both pack a hell of a bite.

Wait ??!!... I didn't say I would forage at Freddy's, but I'm prepared to forage wherever I need to. I'm sure Freddy's would be locked down in a SHTF scenario. I simply mentioned Freddy's for an example of a short trip away from home because of name recognition and because I occasionally shop there. (Our local Freddy's sells guns & ammo.) When they are the only game in town, for my specific situation, that's where I go. If I need to forage, it's because I'm not close to home, but trying to get there. :cool:

Wait??!!...They let you forage at Fred Meyer??!!! Which store do you go to. Bastards got mad at me for squishing an avocado to hard to see if it was ripe....It was a little too ripe when my fingers went right through it and I had to ask for a napkin.

One thing that I've always carried (and good for you guys.. I know.. preaching to the choir and all) is a good pen..
just for writing.. if it's "weaponized", all the better.
I always endeavor to carry a regular but reliable ink pen.

I include a few pencils and small notebooks in my gear. If they fail, just sharpen them with your knife. Pens have been known to fail at inopportune times.

I include a few pencils and small notebooks in my gear. If they fail, just sharpen them with your knife. Pens have been known to fail at inopportune times.
Very good point. And the ink won't run.
I've always liked carrying a Listo grease pencil.
A box of them is like $10

th?&id=JN.IQOtrvx6jVJes%2bwDyzOksg&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0.jpg

My pen is a Fisher space pen. It always works. upside down, underwater.... No problem.

In the 10 years or so that I have carried one I think maybe 4 times I have had to swap out the ink cartridge and I always have a couple spares on hand. I wouldn't trade it for a thousand fancy pencils

Mine is about the same but I add a small swiss army knife with knife blade, nail file, tiny scissors, toothpick and tweezers (also attached to the split ring is a handcuff key - don't ask). In the truck is a fully stocked trauma bag as well as spare mags, assorted tools, two-way radio, flares, etc.

I also carry (in my computer bag) a Cross Classic Century pen with fine point cartridge. A friend from the Secret Service told me that they routinely confiscate such pens at the White House since they can pierce a human scull with ~8 lbs of pressure and the temple requires almost no effort. I guess they used to be standard-issue to the CIA. I have no idea if that's true but they are pointy enough that it seems plausible :)

Pen comes out of the bag when I board a plane and stays clipped in my shirt or suit coat pocket till I'm back at my car after I land. I have no delusions that I will ninja some dude with it but it's the only "weapon" that I can carry when traveling on business so it gives me a false sense of security that I enjoy.

On my body at all times:

Hot Days
1. Beretta Nano + an extra magazine
2. Zero Tolerance 0350 folder
3. Streamlight ProTac 2AA
4. Whistle
5. Keys + Wallet
6. Cellphone

Cold Days
1. Kimber Pro TLE + an extra magazine
2. Zero Tolerance 0350 folder
3. Streamlight ProTac 2AA
4. Whistle
5. Keys + Wallet
6. Cellphone

I give myself a pat down to make sure it is all there.

Keys-check
Government locator device with pandora for car pulled up-check
Wallet-check
Kershaw-check
Whatever gun matches my outfit along with an extra mag or speed loader-check

You know you have to pay attention to the styling of the gun. Who wants a bad guy laughing when you pull out your gun since it does not match your shoes??!! OK I have really never thought that but I do switch out my guns all the time. Today is SP101 .357. Yesterday Sig 238. Tomorrow I have a meeting and have to dress up a bit so likely LCR .357.

I love all my carry guns.

Outfit?:eek:
And all this time I figured you for a straight maleo_O
My EDC is just a wallet and knife and whatever happens into my pockets
Most everything is in the truck and that isn't too far most the time. That list is long
Cell phone and weapon sometimes come with when I go for a walk but half the time they stay in the truck

Outfit?:eek:
And all this time I figured you for a straight maleo_O
My EDC is just a wallet and knife and whatever happens into my pockets
Most everything is in the truck and that isn't too far most the time. That list is long
Cell phone and weapon sometimes come with when I go for a walk but half the time they stay in the truck

I said that just to get the reaction you gave. I know my guns go with all my skirts...:rolleyes:
I do switch it up just based on what I have to wear. When in a suit the Derringer matches great to not print. I would rather have 2 shots of .22 downtown than just my kershaw.

Come on now. I do not wear stockings. That is so 10 years ago.
Now it is all about booty shorts.....i have daughters. I burned some booty shorts my daughters aunt bought her just last week....i hate the new generations style. That is why my girls go to private school where modesty is required.

Pre SHTF EDC (all weather, all locations, on person or in a moment's reach)
ID
Leathermen's OHT
Handgun/Xtra Mag
Comms (phone or ham)
Flashlight

Urban environments; same as above +
Dust mask
Cash

Field environments; same as above +
1st aid kit
Black plastic bag (poncho)
Water, life straw