JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here is my EDC.

• My Alien Gear Cloak 2.0 IWB Holster
  • My CC Pistol - S&W M&P Shield .40
  • Extra Magazine Holster
  • Extra Magazine
  • Pocket Knife
  • Belt
  • Pen
  • Wallet
  • Cell Phone (Not Shown)
I'm curious What others EDC may consist of.

2015-06-15 22.24.47.jpg

Last Edited:
image.jpg

Not pictured is my belt or cell phone and related bits. I do occasionally carry a spare mag as well but not every day. I sometimes carry a M&P .40c or 9c and just got a Bodyguard .380 for summer shorts days but so far I have yet to go there

I also have a small support bag in each vehicle. They have another mag + 50 extra rds, a more substantial knife and a few tools to help if things go sideways.

I have tried to add things to my EDC and usually it does not last long. I've tried carrying both a pocket or fixed knife along with the leatherman and eventually I ditch them as it just gets to be too much. I truthfully don't carry a handgun all day. Usually when I get to the shop it gets put up till its time to go home. Depends a little on what kind of work I am doing

I give myself a pat down to make sure it is all there.

Keys-check
Government locator device with pandora for car pulled up-check
Wallet-check
Kershaw-check
Whatever gun matches my outfit along with an extra mag or speed loader-check

You know you have to pay attention to the styling of the gun. Who wants a bad guy laughing when you pull out your gun since it does not match your shoes??!! OK I have really never thought that but I do switch out my guns all the time. Today is SP101 .357. Yesterday Sig 238. Tomorrow I have a meeting and have to dress up a bit so likely LCR .357.

I love all my carry guns.

I give myself a pat down to make sure it is all there.

Keys-check
Government locator device with pandora for car pulled up-check
Wallet-check
Kershaw-check
Whatever gun matches my outfit along with an extra mag or speed loader-check

You know you have to pay attention to the styling of the gun. Who wants a bad guy laughing when you pull out your gun since it does not match your shoes??!! OK I have really never thought that but I do switch out my guns all the time. Today is SP101 .357. Yesterday Sig 238. Tomorrow I have a meeting and have to dress up a bit so likely LCR .357.

I love all my carry guns.

Black and/or stainless goes with EVERYTHING! ;)

I got the bags!

LOL.... I got sack. :D

A gun, Ammo (you will have to guess how much, just more than 1 and less than 100,usually)
A knife, sometimes 2
Flashlight
Wallet
Visine eye drops
Reader glasses - yes I'm old :)
Nail clippers, never know
little write pad w/pen
a little money.... never know when I might need a Taco.... or two....
Keys, a lot of those. they seem to breed like rabbits.... never have been able to figure that one out...
A phone.. cell type.
An old guy disguise ... O - wait,....

My EDC gear kind of depends on the weather. During the cooler / colder months when wearing a coat is an option, I usually carry either one of my .40's, or .45's in a OWB holster with a sturdy belt. During hot weather I can usually be found with my S&W 642 ultralight stainless snubby in a pocket holster. I have other options as well, but these are what I'm currently doing.

Sometimes, "depending," I may be found with a rifle secured in my vehicle. No matter what pistol platform, I'm loaded with Hornady Critical Defense loads, +P in the .38. I always have at least one re-load, more likely two, especially when carrying a revolver.

In addition to my firearm, I always have on me; some kind of knife / an LED flashlight / cell phone / wallet with ID / sturdy belt / sturdy, comfortable shoes (no flip-flops) / cash and credit card. Weather permitting I will have larger, tactical versions of the above, but that is my bare minimum.

Both of my cars have "bug out boxes" loaded with survival gear.
I usually have a back-up with me; my wife carries too.

My mind-set is that every time I leave home, whether for a quick trip to the local Freddy's, or on a road trip over the mountains or through the Portland area, I realize I may have to walk back home, and possibly fight my way home. The reasons could be an EMP, major earthquake, volcano eruption, sudden severe storms, wild fires, the breakdown of society, or what-ever. I'm prepared to survive and do what is necessary to accomplish that. I am not beyond foraging for what I need to survive.

At home, we are prepared for longer term survival and home defense. With my military and police tactical training and experience, I think we may stand a chance of making it through just about anything.

United States Constitution, C.1791
All rights reserved.

My EDC gear kind of depends on the weather. During the cooler / colder months when wearing a coat is an option, I usually carry either one of my .40's, or .45's in a OWB holster with a sturdy belt. During hot weather I can usually be found with my S&W 642 ultralight stainless snubby in a pocket holster. I have other options as well, but these are what I'm currently doing.

Sometimes, "depending," I may be found with a rifle secured in my vehicle. No matter what pistol platform, I'm loaded with Hornady Critical Defense loads, +P in the .38. I always have at least one re-load, more likely two, especially when carrying a revolver.

In addition to my firearm, I always have on me; some kind of knife / an LED flashlight / cell phone / wallet with ID / sturdy belt / sturdy, comfortable shoes (no flip-flops) / cash and credit card. Weather permitting I will have larger, tactical versions of the above, but that is my bare minimum.

Both of my cars have "bug out boxes" loaded with survival gear.
I usually have a back-up with me; my wife carries too.

My mind-set is that every time I leave home, whether for a quick trip to the local Freddy's, or on a road trip over the mountains or through the Portland area, I realize I may have to walk back home, and possibly fight my way home. The reasons could be an EMP, major earthquake, volcano eruption, sudden severe storms, wild fires, the breakdown of society, or what-ever. I'm prepared to survive and do what is necessary to accomplish that. I am not beyond foraging for what I need to survive.

At home, we are prepared for longer term survival and home defense. With my military and police tactical training and experience, I think we may stand a chance of making it through just about anything.

United States Constitution, C.1791
All rights reserved.

Wait??!!...They let you forage at Fred Meyer??!!! Which store do you go to. Bastards got mad at me for squishing an avocado to hard to see if it was ripe....It was a little too ripe when my fingers went right through it and I had to ask for a napkin.

Either way I could forage a bunch of cool stuff from Freddies. I am pretty sure they even have a shop vac for me....Overpriced but after my Nephew knocked mine into a pool it does not quite turn on anymore....Effing thing is supposed to be water proof yet not submersible? What kind of crock is that??!!

One thing that I've always carried (and good for you guys.. I know.. preaching to the choir and all) is a good pen..
just for writing.. if it's "weaponized", all the better.
I always endeavor to carry a regular but reliable ink pen.

One thing that I've carried (and good for you guys.. I know.. preaching to the choir and all) is a good pen..
just for writing.. if it's "weaponized", all the better.
I always endeavor to carry a regular but reliable ink pen.

Just make sure you take it out to be sure it is loaded and oiled on a regular basis. Nobody wants a pen to fail them when they need it most. Like what if someone said "I will kill everyone in this place if Certaindeaf does not get 40calruler down here to give me his autograph"

What if I came and your pen failed???!! What then???!! These are the necessary things you MUST think of ahead of time.

Ya you know I gots lots of fans around. They read my posts and write me letters asking to marry me and stuff. BTW The answer is still no....You all know who you are.

Just make sure you take it out to be sure it is loaded and oiled on a regular basis. Nobody wants a pen to fail them when they need it most. Like what if someone said "I will kill everyone in this place if Certaindeaf does not get 40calruler down here to give me his autograph"

What if I came and your pen failed???!! What then???!! These are the necessary things you MUST think of ahead of time.

Ya you know I gots lots of fans around. They read my posts and write me letters asking to marry me and stuff. BTW The answer is still no....You all know who you are.
Got ink? lol

My ex brother in law told me he got into this road rage incident on the freeway. They both pulled over and he got out of his car and started to walk towards the other guys car. He sees the guy get out and he said he's like 6'8" 300lbs . He says I stopped an just kinda thought $%#*!! All he said he could think of to do was throw his pen at the guy and run for his car.:p

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top