JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do you want a list of mentaaly ill people who have gone on shooting sprees?

If you have one I would be interested in seeing it.

All I see the media advertise are white bread crackers that no one knew was about to go postal in the big shootings.

Gang banger's in the drive by's mostly hit houses and innocents but rarely kill more then one or maybe two people at the most in their disputes.

I'm sure there are plenty of cases of mentally ill people killing themselves and normally people they know, but those rarely fit the "Mass Shooting" definition of 3 or more dead.

If you have one I would be interested in seeing it.

All I see the media advertise are white bread crackers that no one knew was about to go postal in the big shootings.

Gang banger's in the drive by's mostly hit houses and innocents but rarely kill more then one or maybe two people at the most in their disputes.

I'm sure there are plenty of cases of mentally ill people killing themselves and normally people they know, but those rarely fit the "Mass Shooting" definition of 3 or more dead.
You lost me at white bread crackers.

Do you want a list of mentaaly ill people who have gone on shooting sprees?
No - show me a graph of how often this has happened over the decades.

MassShootings.jpg

Actually, don't bother; I've already seen it. Despite the fact that we now here about it a lot, the incidences has not been increasing that much over the years, and it is a very very very small percentage of violent incidents.

But the media loves to play it up.

I wonder why that is? :rolleyes:

But if you really want to see something interesting, count the number of mass shootings where the shooter was taking a prescription drug.

the key word is "adjudicated", i.e., through some legal process determined to be mentally defective. We live with 'mentally defective' people all around us every day. We live in the 'peoples' PC court' every day where we are judged daily as to our 'mental defectiveness'. Watch what you post on social media. Be on your best behavior always. Be careful what you even share among 'friends'. For now, all they hang you with in a legal setting is documented actions (and writings) by you. Remember - anything you say (or post online) can and will be used against you in a court of law. :)

I believe delusion is one of the most prevalent forms of mental disease in our country. Delusion is the steadfast belief in something, usually a lie, which continues with great enthusiasm in-spite of all facts and evidence to the contrary. My most recent contact with delusion were the two Bernie supporting teachers who came to the door and continued to cling to their mantra regardless of the facts I presented...facts mind you, not my opinion. I believe this is why our Nation and World is in a downward spiral...a time where feelings take precedence over facts and evidence. Thanks for reading my giant paragraph...lol

This is all a bunch of crap. Mentally defective for the purposes of this act mean the person has actively pursued social security payments for being "mentally defective" I have no problem withholding firearms rights for someone who has actively petition the social security department to get dole payments. They fully admit they are not capable of managing their own affairs. For some people that might be a temporary situation and they can be reevaluated later and get their firearms rights back when they get off the dole.

I agree with the NRA bout most stuff but not this time.

In the eyes of the rulers, it is anyone who wants to own a gun. :rolleyes:

Yep! The opposition truly believe that to own, or want to own, a killing machine is considerably beyond defective! It's the very poster child for lunacy! And, And! We are keeping them from the peaceful Utopia that they all deserve!o_O

the key word is "adjudicated", i.e., through some legal process determined to be mentally defective. We live with 'mentally defective' people all around us every day. We live in the 'peoples' PC court' every day where we are judged daily as to our 'mental defectiveness'. Watch what you post on social media. Be on your best behavior always. Be careful what you even share among 'friends'. For now, all they hang you with in a legal setting is documented actions (and writings) by you. Remember - anything you say (or post online) can and will be used against you in a court of law. :)

Adjudicated!?! There is no justice in the Justice System! It's all about social engineering now!
I wouldn't trust the legal system as far as I could throw a Buick!:mad:

This is all a bunch of crap. Mentally defective for the purposes of this act mean the person has actively pursued social security payments for being "mentally defective" I have no problem withholding firearms rights for someone who has actively petition the social security department to get dole payments. They fully admit they are not capable of managing their own affairs. For some people that might be a temporary situation and they can be reevaluated later and get their firearms rights back when they get off the dole.

I agree with the NRA bout most stuff but not this time.
Not necessarily. I have a friend that recently underwent extensive emergency surgery. During the initial recovery, in spite of him being so uncomfortable, they were watching his blood pressure very closely and limited his pain meds. As a result he had a lot of trouble sleeping for the first week.
So he also has a diagnosis of depression now too, even though he's not depressed in the least, and never asked for, nor was treated for depression, other than one prescription that his doc says is optional. But they claim his inability to sleep was due to/related to depression.

And that's one of the big problems with mental diagnoses. You "are" whatever they say you are.

And that's one of the big problems with mental diagnoses. You "are" whatever they say you are.

And THAT is exactly why, whenever you go to the doctor, you check NO for everything, even if you think you may have a problem. I made that mistake once, 35 years ago, where I checked that I was "depressed." Doctor wrote in his notes like I was some pathological nut case. I was in the process of applying for life insurance -- it was denied 3x until I could get the Dr's BS notes expunged.

Hijacking the thread a bit: a story of my best friend's grand dad.
He was a widower, and was in a home because of dementia. He and a widow there, also with dementia, thought they were husband and wife. Her family comes to visit one day, she's in his room giving him head. A huge uproar resulted, with the widow's family essentially settling down and accepting it when the woman kept asking for her husband, and saw how happy she was when they were together. That's my kind of mental deficiency!

When's the last time the news said that a shooting spree was the cause of a mental patient?

If that were the case they would have a field day with ito_O.
Statistics show that people with mental illness are more likely to be the victims, rather than the perpetrators of gun violence. For this reason alone I question the proposed law.

Not necessarily. I have a friend that recently underwent extensive emergency surgery. During the initial recovery, in spite of him being so uncomfortable, they were watching his blood pressure very closely and limited his pain meds. As a result he had a lot of trouble sleeping for the first week.
So he also has a diagnosis of depression now too, even though he's not depressed in the least, and never asked for, nor was treated for depression, other than one prescription that his doc says is optional. But they claim his inability to sleep was due to/related to depression.

Except that while your friend might have a bout of depression he wasnt adjudicated as mentally ill by a Social Security judge for the purpose of receiving social security disability payments AND assigned someone to handle his finances because he was so f'd up he couldnt handle his own finances because of his mental illness. See the difference?

I'd be more interested in seeing how many shooters had FAILED to take their prescription drug.

tac

The prescription drugs they were prescribed because they were mentally ill? My favorite is when the drugs get blamed. "shooter goes on rampage because he was taking XXX antidepressants". Hey, he was taking the medication because of his mental illness . The drugs didnt make him mentally ill.

Naw, they wouldn't do that, would they? Everything they do is in our own best interest, right? o_O

Question. If it was found that the absolute worst way to "educate" children is to force them into government schools, do you think they'd get rid of government schools?

Self interest is a stronger motivation than most people realize.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top