JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why would you do this.

There are actually some benefits in doing this........time.

If he were to sell it as a SBR in his home state, it would have to transfer on a Form 4......10-12 months on average.

If he reverts it back to a pistol, he simply sells it as a pistol and then a new buyer can e-file a Form 1 in their name and get approval in around 30 days time. The only negative is that the firearm would have two manufacturer names on it since it will have been made into a SBR twice.

-E-

Selling your Amtac over barrel? That one was unique.
I'd like to sell them together if at all possible. Can the suppressor be sold on the pistol (w/o the sliding stock) as a Form 1 ? @Reno

AB5A692F-8784-4AF3-913F-54523D7D8140.jpeg 62E7ACB4-DBB1-46D6-8E2E-3A5813466EFC.jpeg

Unfortunately there is no way to undo a suppressor.

I'd talk to your FFL you bought them through and see about selling the suppressor.

To un-SBR your MCX, simply remove the stock. Here's a useful template for writing a letter to get it removed from the NFRTR (NFA Registry)

Dear Sir/Madam,

Let this hereby serve as notice that the following Short Barreled Rifle:

Serial Number: Insert Your Serial Here

Manufacturer: Insert Manufacturer as listed on the Form 4

Model: Insert Manufacturer as listed on the Form 4

Registered to: Insert Your Name Here

Pick one of the following and remove the other:

- was returned to Title 1 rifle status by removal of the Insert Barrel Length off of Form 4 barrel, and the installation of a barrel longer than 16" whilst also possesing an overall length of 26" or longer.

or

- was returned to Title 1 pistol status by removal of it's stock.

Additionally, I hereby request that the Short Barreled Rifle be removed from the NFRTR.

Sincerely,

Times for getting a reply back can vary, the most they have taken was 2 years, but lately, it's been about 2-3 months. You don't need to wait for the reply to come back to sell it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top