JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have no doubt that somewhere , someone is tracking or listening in on something I have said or a web site that I have visited or do visit.
I also have no doubt that I am on someone's "naughty list" , or sales list etc ...
That being said with all the folks in the world causing a ruckus , I think that I am far down on someone's list.

In the words of Bill Tyler from the movie The Mountain Men : "There's always something out there".
I ain't going to lose any sleep worrying over what I have said , posted , or what web sites I visit.

Do I like the idea of someone snooping on me and what I do ?
Nope ... other than not using the internet , phone or leaving my house , just what can I do?
We are all "tracked" nowadays , credit cards , cell phones , web search , cameras every damn where ...
Is it some vast conspiracy? No ... But it is damn annoying nevertheless.
Andy
Why do you think that AI is being slowly thrust upon us? Humans can only process information in a linear manner. AI has countless algorithms to pull all of the million points of light(info) generated by each individual and store and categorize them. Eventually, we will be held accountable to an AI "panel". Everything you ever did on the internet, phone call you made, places you visited, groceries you bought, etc will be catalogued. Then you will be " scored" based on the summary of the info collected on you. If you are dragged into court nfor whatever reason, the judge (eventually will be AI) will make a ruling based on your personal history score. This scenario will likely be in full swing within a generation or two. Right now we are like the frog in the pot of water, getting slowly boiled into life being regulated by AI.

Do they still sport PRC77's these days?

BTW- the truck is in the garage, and there's a bun in the oven.
Forget that...

The hotdog is IN the glass, nope now it's out... wait it's back in again... now out, in... damnit oil slick.

Why do you think that AI is being slowly thrust upon us? Humans can only process information in a linear manner. AI has countless algorithms to pull all of the million points of light(info) generated by each individual and store and categorize them. Eventually, we will be held accountable to an AI "panel". Everything you ever did on the internet, phone call you made, places you visited, groceries you bought, etc will be catalogued. Then you will be " scored" based on the summary of the info collected on you. If you are dragged into court nfor whatever reason, the judge (eventually will be AI) will make a ruling based on your personal history score. This scenario will likely be in full swing within a generation or two. Right now we are like the frog in the pot of water, getting slowly boiled into life being regulated by AI.
Your vision of the not-so-distant future is a scary one, and quite possibly inevitable, as humans come to trust AI. I believe you're probably right.
It's as though Minority Report was prophetic fiction.

Thank goodness I'll never see it.
Makes me glad to be old.

So here is a true story for you. My buddy had to go have some tests and it required a medical radioisotope. His daughter got married in Victoria BC and when he took the ferry across to Victoria he encountered no problems.
Coming back was another thing, he got pulled out of line, his car inspected-inside and out, they even used a portable radiation detector on him, they asked him if he had had any medical procedures that involved radiation he replied yes, about a month ago. Evidently there was enough residual radiation to set off the detectors at the port of Victoria coming back into the US.

What does it really take to track one million cell phones?
I would think about a million people? Even if one person could track 20 phones, they or whoever is doing the tracking would have to employ A LOT of people. I don't see it.

What does it really take to track one million cell phones?
I would think about a million people? Even if one person could track 20 phones, they or whoever is doing the tracking would have to employ A LOT of people. I don't see it.
Now think about the fact that the computing power in the most advanced bomber in the US arsenal, the B2, is dwarfed by the computing power in an IPhone.
They don't need people to track cell phones, the tracking is done automatically by computers relying on tower data and GPS.
And all that data sits there waiting for a lowly human to make a location request. Or a monitor request. That would be voice monitor or data monitor.

Think about the fact that there's only a handful of populated places you can go in 1st world countries, and NOT show up on a surveillance camera at some point during your day.

Don't be naive. People have become secondary and even tertiary on the other side of this scenario.

Last Edited:
Now think about the fact that the computing power in the most advanced bomber in the US arsenal, the B2, is dwarfed by the computing power in an IPhone.
They don't need people to track cell phones, the tracking is done automatically by computers relying on tower data and GPS.
And all that data sits there waiting for a lowly human to make a location request. Or a monitor request. That would be voice monitor or data monitor.

Think about the fact that there's only a handful of populated places you can go in 1st world countries, and NOT show up on a surveillance camera at some point during your day.

Don't be naive. People have become secondary and even tertiary on the other side of this scenario.

Dammit... you COMPLETELY stole my thunder. o_O

:D

I'm starting to get worried, what if one of the Gov't agents assigned to spy on my cell phone activity dies of boredom...:eek:
...will I be picked up and charged with the murder of a Federal Agent?

To "me" this has always been a who cares. I think many who worry about this never stop to really think why would anyone want to track and or listen to them? Now if you are doing something nefarious, sure. A lot of people seem to think the Gov has a literal army of people sitting in some room spying on them. Never stopping to think what that would have to cost.
Nah, you are right.. No big room of people spying.. Just a quantum computer collecting millions of terabytes of metadata on everyone who owns a phone or computer.

Thats my point. At some time a human has to actually give a crap where or what youve done. All that data is just that, data. 300 million people is lot of worthless data.

Thats my point. At some time a human has to actually give a crap where or what youve done. All that data is just that, data. 300 million people is lot of worthless data.
Well, that's not the question the OP asks, but okay, I'll play,...

The NSA disagrees with you.
And so did the last (3) president(s), and probably the current one.
And so does most of the congress.
And so does the Director of National Intelligence.
The FBI.
The CIA.
Homeland Security. (what an oxymoron that one is, in this context)
We recently found out the US Government operates 17 "intelligence" agencies. 17! WTF!?! Why?

Data is only "worthless" until the day it can convict or exonerate you. And unless you go without, or keep your phone turned off, (with the battery removed in some cases) you are, in the view of the aforementioned agencies and people, volunteering that data.

Then there's the threat of hacking, which has been in the news a lot lately.
Think about what people do with their phones nowadays.
They've gone way beyond a pure communications device for some people.
Deposit checks.
Pay their bills.
Manage investments.
Use them to plot their travels.
Keep their itineraries.

Mobile devices are the modern cache of "papers" and "effects" that citizens accumulate, and often prefer to keep private.
I give you as a reminder, the 4th Amendment:
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

So, in essence, modern day "papers and effects" are being seized the instant you make or transmit them.
And you are saying that's okay, as long as no one asks to look at them. That it's okay for someone in the government to have access to, or know your most private business and whereabouts at all times. Even without a warrant.
"I got nuthin' to hide" only works until it doesn't.

And I disagree with the very notion of that. Especially when they assure you "they" are keeping it safe, when people like Julian Assange and Edward Snowden and Bradley Manning have shown the world that those people are lying to you/us.

Newsflash: It ain't safe. Not now, not then, not ever. And NOT from your government.

The founders gave us the BoR and the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th (and all the rest of the) Amendments for a reason. You can't turn your nose up at the meaning and intent of the 4th Amendment, without jeopardizing all the rest.

Erosion of our rights and the abdication/abrogation of them is serious business.
ALL of our rights.
Electronic communications shouldn't change that, even on a mass scale.

Computers are really good at a few things.
One of which is the ability to sift through HUGE amounts of data and isolate single items, and series of items, and through the use of algorithms, discover patterns established by those items.
So don't get the idea that your data amounts to the proverbial "needle in the haystack" because there's millions of these phones. That's irrelevant. Modern computing has made the haystack obsolete.
Each individual blade of grass/hay has been issued a number.
Your needle stands out among them.

Last Edited:
I remember a while back I was "explaining" an opinion to my wife about just how wrong she was about a decision made that she made that I was opposed to. Actually really p#ssed about. After I finished with my "explanantion (rant) her phone piped up and said "I'm sorry, I didn't quite get that, would you mind repeating that"? We both looked at the damned thing and started laughing. And yes "monitors" we're still married.:cool:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top