JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What Does It Really Take To Track A Million Cell Phones?

"What's the difference between a Nokia 3310 and an iPhone 7? There isn't any! As long as they are turned on, they can both locate you in real-time, 24/7, with a precision better than 1 square kilometer"

To "me" this has always been a who cares. I think many who worry about this never stop to really think why would anyone want to track and or listen to them? Now if you are doing something nefarious, sure. A lot of people seem to think the Gov has a literal army of people sitting in some room spying on them. Never stopping to think what that would have to cost.

To "me" this has always been a who cares. I think many who worry about this never stop to really think why would anyone want to track and or listen to them? Now if you are doing something nefarious, sure. A lot of people seem to think the Gov has a literal army of people sitting in some room spying on them. Never stopping to think what that would have to cost.
All very true ... And I agree.
But it does pay to be careful with what you say , text , type , tweet , etc ...
'Cause almost anything can be retrieved and words , comments etc... taken out of context or "spun" a certain way can come back to haunt you.
Andy

All very true ... And I agree.
But it does pay to be careful with what you say , text , type , tweet , etc ...
'Cause almost anything can be retrieved and words , comments etc... taken out of context or "spun" a certain way can come back to haunt you.
Andy
Yes I do NOT send out something as a joke that includes killing or such. My e-mails texts and conversations would be a huge waste of time for them to listen in on. Which is why I'm sure they don't bother. The NSA has to have plenty of real criminals to try to keep track of.

ACTUALLY....

There is a HUGE difference between an iPhone and a Nokia and it falls along the operating system.

One of them you have complete control over your shared location services and the other you don't.

/rant

Luckily for me the last "portable phone" I had access to was a PRC 77 :D ...I do not own or have any desire to have a cell phone of any type.
No conspiracy theory or anything ...
Just don't like talking on the phone or feel the need to be electronically connected 24 / 7.
Andy

The bottom line is, modern computing power coupled with the fact we've all become dependent on instant communications, regardless of time and location, has meant the death of complete privacy.

Oh, and let's not forget the fact that the NSA tracks virtually ALL electronic communications within, as well as in and out of the U.S.
"But they're looking for keywords" you say. Great,... Do you know what those keywords are?
And how/when to avoid them?
Nope, they don't publish a list.

So, (this one's for the tin-foil hat crowd,...) Remember "the mark of the beast" story you heard?
Chances are, you're carrying it around in your pocket.
Hell, you might even be using it to read this message.

Have a nice day.

The bottom line is, modern computing power coupled with the fact we've all become dependent on instant communications, regardless of time and location, has meant the death of complete privacy.

Oh, and let's not forget the fact that the NSA tracks virtually ALL electronic communications within, as well as in and out of the U.S.
"But they're looking for keywords" you say. Great,... Do you know what those keywords are?
And how/when to avoid them?
Nope, they don't publish a list.

So, (this one's for the tin-foil hat crowd,...) Remember "the mark of the beast" story you heard?
Chances are, you're carrying it around in your pocket.
Hell, you might even be using it to read this message.

Have a nice day.
:s0101::s0101::s0101:

I have no doubt that somewhere , someone is tracking or listening in on something I have said or a web site that I have visited or do visit.
I also have no doubt that I am on someone's "naughty list" , or sales list etc ...
That being said with all the folks in the world causing a ruckus , I think that I am far down on someone's list.

In the words of Bill Tyler from the movie The Mountain Men : "There's always something out there".
I ain't going to lose any sleep worrying over what I have said , posted , or what web sites I visit.

Do I like the idea of someone snooping on me and what I do ?
Nope ... other than not using the internet , phone or leaving my house , just what can I do?
We are all "tracked" nowadays , credit cards , cell phones , web search , cameras every damn where ...
Is it some vast conspiracy? No ... But it is damn annoying nevertheless.
Andy

Luckily for me the last "portable phone" I had access to was a PRC 77 :D ...I do not own or have any desire to have a cell phone of any type.
No conspiracy theory or anything ...
Just don't like talking on the phone or feel the need to be electronically connected 24 / 7.
Andy

Do they still sport PRC77's these days?

BTW- the truck is in the garage, and there's a bun in the oven.

My dad used to work for a govt agency and when he retired in the early 2000s he would always make us leave our phones in the car when we can to visit.
Talk about how they can track you, they can turned on your mics and listen in, when camera phones came out told us they can turn on the camera and see you.
We thought he was just a kook, well he is, However, fast forward 10 years and it's all true.

He said they have data banks that monitor all communications for key words and record it all.
True? Who knows, probably.

But are they going to do anything with it?
Highly doubtful, it's about power and capability. It's the new cold war.

If it were true and they used it almost every crime would be solved right away.

They don't need people monitoring the info.
Have you seen the robots that run the amazon warehouses!

Can they track me on MY phone?

172837-mobile_history_01_original.jpg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class