JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm seeing posts being deleted and the comment given is "Cleaning". What exactly does that mean? If something is off-topic, offensive, violates a rule, thread craps, can't that be stated? Using the term "cleaning" doesn't really say much, but gives the appearance that posts are just being randomly shut down.

I know people were waiting for the change that would allow a moderator to state the reason a thread or post was removed, but it seems those reasons are all being lumped under "cleaning". If we don't know the real reason a post is removed, we can't really learn from it so we don't potentially make the same error ourselves.

Any comments on that Joe? I'm just curious.

Generally it means many posts were removed due to rule violations.

We do have several options to notify the thread (by posting the thread) or directly to the offender or reporter. I usually do my best to state why when I edit or remove posts.

Now with that said if I have to remove several posts it is not practical to do so.

Generally it means many posts were removed due to rule violations.

We do have several options to notify the thread (by posting the thread) or directly to the offender or reporter. I usually do my best to state why when I edit or remove posts.

Now with that said if I have to remove several posts it is not practical to do so.

Thanks for your reply. I was curious if that was just considered a generic term for any moderated post. Looks like you do have the option to be specific if you choose. And I do understand if you had multiple posts to moderate that it would be impractical.

Generally not for "any moderated post", generally if a thread is a mess and lots has been edited/deleted.

I have seen it when similar threads are merged, makes sense to remove a bunch of duplicate posts. I'm just putting my vote in for being specific as to the reason, when it's appropriate to do so.

Thanks again for the reply.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads