JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Postal money orders are pretty secure but not totally . This is what they told me, USPS will not refund your money order unless its lost or stolen but if the intended person cashes it there is not much they will do to get your money back . they will file a report and if it happens again to others and more reports are filed they will investigate and possibly charge that person with mail fraud.

How ever if someone does rip you off you can do the above but also file a police report with your local police department . They will contact the police department in the town it was sent and the police may pay them a visit and file a report if it happens a lot that person could get arrested for theft.

a couple years ago me and a few other guys ordered some parts form a some young guy in TX and he tried to take the money and run but when we all filed reports to the police and they were showing up at his door after each report was fillled, he coughed up the money really quick . However should you ever resort to doing something like this you better have saved all your paper work and receipts

I have used USPS MO and I certified checks from my credit union. I have also used my visa card but I make sure there is no card charge. I have only used JGsales once, and I mainly use Bud's guns..... a while back I did have an issue with Bud's. Their customer information was compromised and I was warned but I didn't think much of it till four months later I had 9 fraudulent activities on my account and my credit union fixed it all for me.

So it looks like we have Cash at a FTF, Postal MO or Certified Check. Credit card is only for dealing with companies - a given.
This seems to be inhibiting the flow of good deals (or maybe not, not sure).
I have done several FTF transactions and I always feel a little seedy sitting in a parking lot waiting on a guy....totally legal but still feel funny. Must be a better way.

USPS Money Order, although, the last time I was at the Post Office and was talking with a employee, they had said they have had some fakes also. I can't remember what they said to look for, I want to say it was a water mark, and maybe someone else can confirm, isn't there a limit on how much one MO can be? One other note they told me was, call the Branch location before you go to cash a USPS MO to make sure they have that much cash on hand. Cashing directly at the Post office has been my preferred method since it is instant unlike being put into your checking account which can be reversed or taken back out like a stopped check.

I have used POs for guns twice and had the sweats both times. Use PO for little stuff all the time. Never had a problem; but that really doesn't mean anything because there can always be a first time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top