JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've used a variety of things, and have heard of people using a variety of things such as WD-40, CLP, Mobil 1, Ed's Red, etc.

I've heard mixed things about WD-40 and Mobil 1, not to mention Ed's Red. I've heard that they can gum up your gun (WD-40), or that they lube well but don't clean or protect against rust very well (Mobil 1) and that some of the ingredients in Ed's Red are harmful to polymer guns.

I like the all in one solutions personally, as I don't have to carry around 3 seperate things to clean a gun in a pinch. Just one item that does it all (CLP) is nice.

But I'm curious to know what you use...

I've used a variety of things, and have heard of people using a variety of things such as WD-40, CLP, Mobil 1, Ed's Red, etc.

I've heard mixed things about WD-40 and Mobil 1, not to mention Ed's Red. I've heard that they can gum up your gun (WD-40), or that they lube well but don't clean or protect against rust very well (Mobil 1) and that some of the ingredients in Ed's Red are harmful to polymer guns.

I like the all in one solutions personally, as I don't have to carry around 3 seperate things to clean a gun in a pinch. Just one item that does it all (CLP) is nice
But I'm curious to know what you use...

Simple green to degrease, clp to lube, protect

I use CLP. however i have heard that you can find this in large quantities, but have not located where... Does anyone know where you can get a large bottle of CLP? I have seen the 1 gallon ones on another guys forum, but can not find where to get them...

Gunzilla.

Used Ballistol for a long time, but tried both Frog Lube and Gunzilla to test some of the new stuff, and hopefully get off the fumes.

Gunzilla is great (as was frog lube). It works extremely well for cleaning, lubricating and protecting all in one. Its also easy on the brain, lungs & eyes, and cleans up very easily & is plant based which I do like, as spraying harsh chemicals on all my guns all the time can't be good for me.

I recommend either Frog Lube or Gunzilla to friends typically, as they've both been very good in my experience. Nothing wrong with using the tried and true RemOil or Ballistol either though.

CLP for most cleaning, Hoppe's #9 for stronger cleaning, Sweet's 7.62 for real nasty cleaning of caked carbon.

Most of the time I use a synthetic motor oil for lube, whatever I have on hand. Usually Mobil 1 or Rotella-T.

I've been using M Pro-7 for about 7 years now and haven't looked back. They have a line of products. Gun cleaner for deep cleaning, CLP, copper remover, and a bore gel for a deep cleaning on the bore. My biggest like is the fact the stuff is non-toxic, biodegradable, and doesn't smell bad. I am able to do cleaning in the living room in front of the TV without making the house smell like crap. I can also fly with it in checked baggage since it's not considered hazmat. To top it off, it does a good job at cleaning and lubing the guns!!

Another vote for M Pro-7. Their CLP is a great consistency and the copper remover is unbelievably effective...and none of them smell (not that I mind the smell of Hoppe's 9, personally) nor need to be used in a well-ventilated area.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top