JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Honestly there are a bunch of great examples that you all have suggested! I'm going to drop a couple of suggestions.

Anything that the government, medical professionals, or other corporations and businesses provide! Examples: bandages, masks, gloves, antibiotics, anti inflammatory, anti diarrhea, diapers because no one remembers cloth diapers of the 70's, long term storage food items ( canned goods, rice, dried beans), pedialite, and anything else that like I said that those entities are incapable of providing!

I predict there will soon be a run on large diameter thick wall PVC tubing, end caps/etc., PVC cement, cosmoline/et. al. and VCI bags/paper.
There already is.
I had a guy ask me today if I could cut some 20 foot long 6 inch ID PVC pipes into 36 and 48 inch lengths. The answer was no, but only because it's against some goofball policies we have.

_nc_ohc=GeCX3ZkUamQAX-kdIl4&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

They tried doing that with meat shortly after the TP scare.. it never took off. I have buddies in the meat industry that didnt understand where the supposed "meat shortage" rumor came from as they had no supply issues (so they say)

It came from the meat cutters' unions that were trying to get hazardous duty pay for their members. They exaggerated the dangers in meat cutting facilities, lobbied to have some of them (non-union ones) closed, and told their people to stay home.

It came from the meat cutters' unions that were trying to get hazardous duty pay for their members. They exaggerated the dangers in meat cutting facilities, lobbied to have some of them (non-union ones) closed, and told their people to stay home.
I knew something bizarre like that was the case.. sure felt like the situation was taken advantage of.. much like the medical field going on strike just to get more money.

You clearly do NOT work in healthcare. :mad:
Most of the medical personnel I know believe there to be a lot of bad information and the risks for the general populace to be over blown. Now if you ask the administrative staff you get a different story. Understandable as most of them that I have interacted with are in the high risk category, at least 50% overweight, diabetic, sedentary life style, bubblegum glued to office chair, etc..

Is it a serious bug? Sure it is. Has it been used for political and financial leverage? You bet ya, if you think not I would highly question your analytical abelites.

I find it humorous, I had to go in for a pre physical blood draw today and the office staff wanted me to cancel my physical and arrange for a virtual physical :rolleyes:.

While having my blood drawn I asked the nurse how well a virtual physical would work she said poorly and did not really understand why it is even an option.

Virtual physical :rolleyes: I can imagine the discussion now "dam doc why doesn't it hurt so bad when you do it? :s0066:reply: well your finger is a lot bigger than mine, and did you remember the lube? :s0070:

You clearly do NOT work in healthcare. :mad:
I just have to jump in now too. I assume you've been working the entire time, and I have too . I run a meat department In a grocery store. I didn't get any hazardous duty pay. And I can state for a fact that costs went up , supply got tight , and consumers blame the human being they see in front of them.
So to all the people who haven't worked in 25 years, or who live "off grid" ...maybe you should check facts beyond what your buddy at the tavern:s0005: postulates after 9 whiskey sours.

It could be literally anything. The china TP panic jumped the ocean and made its way to Australia where it then got picked up from online sources then their local media.. then it jumped to other nations.. the masses are purebred idiots that will panic buy whatever anyone else panic buys or what the media tells them.. All the news has to do is spin one story and like Orwellian clockwork the masses will panic and buy into the hype clearing shelves out in a matter of hours.

I truly hate society and how predictable they are when they pull this nonsense.

They tried doing that with meat shortly after the TP scare.. it never took off. I have buddies in the meat industry that didnt understand where the supposed "meat shortage" rumor came from as they had no supply issues (so they say)
Dr. Pepper also tried spinning a false story and driving panic.. I heard Pacifico and Carona both tried "limited quantity" warnings to drive up demand.. didnt pan out and now those items are still abundant. Never saw a hiccup in availability.

So it could literally be anything this next go-around. Hand sanitizer, vitamins, water (which is odd because Oregon has some very clean water and great treatment facilities, not to mention filters that are available.. for now), TP..etc.

Hey I DID NOT!!! ;)
also how in the hell did Carona try and spin that up? I saw many pictures of stores completely wiped out of everything. But yet there was still one giant pallet or pile of carona left.
Go figure, these idiots dint want to buy anything with the word "Corona" on it. Lol.

You can add made in china or mexico to that list for me. Im getting quite political these days in who i support.

As for what people are going to panic buy.. Same exact bubblegum they always have been. The news, media, big tech/YouTwitFace all the same stupid Sh*t brain dead people need to survive.
Folks the zombie apocalypse is upon us.

P.s. theres no shortages around here. :mad:

Last Edited:
Don't know if it was the same everywhere but here TP was only one of a LOT of things. When it first started Wife and I were laughing at it in the store. Someone would see others buying a lot of any item, soon that shelf would be empty. Monkey see, monkey do. Up here flour all vanished and it took longer than TP to come back. For a long time they were placing limits on how many bags you could buy. Even now there are problems with some canned items. You can see in the stores where they try to spread stuff out to keep empty spots from showing. People see an empty spot and freak out even now. Good idea of what will happen if we have a real crisis given how this hoax set people off. :s0140:

Just imagine if something REALLY interesting and impactful happened like a carrington event.
Literally INSTANTANEOUS lunacy.
Quite frankly im thrilled this virus happened. Open peoples eyes to wakeup to reality.

Not dismissing anyone's loss, that IS significant but its a shame it has to come to this to PRY the wool off peoples eyes.
I've been waiting for something like this or worse, For practically my whole life.
My life has barely changed at all since this started.. Still cutting my own hair going on 15+ years now. Still a hermit, and I dont mind it one bit.

Just imagine if something REALLY interesting and impactful happened like a carrington event.
Literally INSTANTANEOUS lunacy.
Quite frankly im thrilled this virus happened. Open peoples eyes to wakeup to reality.

Not dismissing anyone's loss, that IS significant but its a shame it has to come to this to PRY the wool off peoples eyes.
I've been waiting for something like this or worse, For practically my whole life.
My life has barely changed at all since this started.. Still cutting my own hair going on 15+ years now. Still a hermit, and I dont mind it one bit.
Sadly from what I am seeing so far is the wool got thicker. The fact that they are getting away with this hoax after almost a year, and there is still no push back? The people who lost power in E Germany have to be watching this in shock. There seems to be some VERY minor push back here at least at large retail. Governor here extended the lockdown yet again as he has been doing all along, yet he got voted back in. He is telling anyone who fly's here from the UK that local police are going to come knocking at their door for 14 days to make sure they are home and fine them for not being there. When my Wife told me this and I started laughing she got mad as she really believes this. I told her do you have any idea how many Cops it would take to do this? They would be doing nothing else but knocking on doors for their entire shift and would never get it done. Retail has been told they have to limit the store to 25% of capacity. The first week they seemed to be half way trying. Wife went out today and it's a standing joke. Stores are packed. I have to guess the Gov is afraid to come down on any of the big places. I am sure he would shut down a few small places to put more fear out there. Meanwhile I am sure the "Karen lines" are melting down with people calling to snitch on everyone they see. I think the wool got replaced with leather over the eyes.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top