JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
TP shortage came out of nowhere during the virus scare.

In the days following the election, there WILL BE societal unrest and violence in the cities no matter the outcome. What do you think will be the hot item to have that will disappear off of shelves?

Kleenex if Biden loses? Medical supplies? Canned chili?

Pampers... The covid great baby boom is just about upon us. Tell people they must stay at home and amuse themselves what else are we to expect.

Common sense and civility....:eek: :D

Seriously though :
Have your household well stocked with the items you commonly use...
Maintain a low profile...
Keep you gas tank full...
Andy
Common sense and civility....:eek: :D

Seriously though :
Have your household well stocked with the items you commonly use...
Maintain a low profile...
Keep you gas tank full...
Andy
I have a lot of common sense and civility. I am running low on respect for the ruling class and t.v. watching.

Jason

It could be literally anything. The china TP panic jumped the ocean and made its way to Australia where it then got picked up from online sources then their local media.. then it jumped to other nations.. the masses are purebred idiots that will panic buy whatever anyone else panic buys or what the media tells them.. All the news has to do is spin one story and like Orwellian clockwork the masses will panic and buy into the hype clearing shelves out in a matter of hours.

I truly hate society and how predictable they are when they pull this nonsense.

They tried doing that with meat shortly after the TP scare.. it never took off. I have buddies in the meat industry that didnt understand where the supposed "meat shortage" rumor came from as they had no supply issues (so they say)
Dr. Pepper also tried spinning a false story and driving panic.. I heard Pacifico and Carona both tried "limited quantity" warnings to drive up demand.. didnt pan out and now those items are still abundant. Never saw a hiccup in availability.

So it could literally be anything this next go-around. Hand sanitizer, vitamins, water (which is odd because Oregon has some very clean water and great treatment facilities, not to mention filters that are available.. for now), TP..etc.

I hear ya there....Reading helps....if you are tired of the TV.
Andy
Reading is over rated.

When I worked as a tech for a evil news web site (with affiliation to 30 rock) I spent a good amount of time reading.
I would read the news of the day as it came in on the news wire services (UPI, Reuters, AP, etc.) that our editorial staff used as the base for their "news" stories.
I often wondered how we had such a different understanding of what we had read. Also amazed by their tendency to publish their version after reading only one service and not fact checking. Better to get the story on line before the competition even if it is wrong don't ya know.

Now I tend to read less and be more selective of my sources.

In all honesty, I'm slightly shocked magazines (not the paper kind) are as available as ever and reasonably priced. I can't afford ammo and I have a hard time finding guns I want to buy, but I can still get plenty of magazines. I figure, if Biden is elected, standard capacity magazines will be on the chopping block. Personally, I've been taking the opportunity to buy 'em cheap and stack 'em deep.

There was a news segment on cable TV yesterday, the jist of which was to expect shortages again soon. The predicted election pandemonium and Fall increase in Covid cases alleged to be the culprit. TP mentioned, peanut butter, etc.

In all honesty, I'm slightly shocked magazines (not the paper kind) are as available as ever and reasonably priced. I can't afford ammo and I have a hard time finding guns I want to buy, but I can still get plenty of magazines. I figure, if Biden is elected, standard capacity magazines will be on the chopping block. Personally, I've been taking the opportunity to buy 'em cheap and stack 'em deep.

Depends.

Took a look around for some Canik magazines, as I wanted to increase our stock because we shoot them a bunch.

Prices online up a good 3rd or so, PLUS out of stock. Thankfully a member on here had a "bunch" of new & near new Canik 55 magazines listed at a reasonable price. Bought all his & swapped baseplates off of "extra" CZ75 mags (stick mags & less reliable / retireable aftermarket ones etc).

Haven't had an chance to run the new Caniks thru rotation yet, but am optimistic they'll be good to go. Same body & followers, 17 capacity rather than 18, just the 55 baseplate isn't compatible with "SF" series.

Not quite sure exactly why the 55's are only 17 capacity. The body is drilled for the 18 witness holes. Thinking something to do with a thicker/different spring bottom plate. The plate which goes at the bottom of the spring and has the baseplate pin. Odd tho nonetheless. So will be running these as range only for now.

Haven't looked to much at other handgun magazine pricing, other than a glance at CZ's a few weeks back. Ouch.

More common AR/AK styles/types tho, yeah still within the realm of reasonable down to pretty decent deals actually. Global ordinance has another round of Korean AR/AK at $6.99/$7.99 respectively. Still in stock a few days back.

pMags seem above $10, likely $12-13 average.

Last Edited:
In a few weeks we should see peak demand for rose-colored glasses, tin foil and suppositories. I expect this to be the weirdest Christmas in 49 years.

Don't know if it was the same everywhere but here TP was only one of a LOT of things. When it first started Wife and I were laughing at it in the store. Someone would see others buying a lot of any item, soon that shelf would be empty. Monkey see, monkey do. Up here flour all vanished and it took longer than TP to come back. For a long time they were placing limits on how many bags you could buy. Even now there are problems with some canned items. You can see in the stores where they try to spread stuff out to keep empty spots from showing. People see an empty spot and freak out even now. Good idea of what will happen if we have a real crisis given how this hoax set people off. :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top