JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I mentioned a while back I gave up trying to buy some damn oven cleaner. Wanted to give the grill a good scrub. None of the stores here had it. Finally gave up and ordered some from Amazon. Sure I probably paid twice what it would have been if I could have found it but no one here seemed to be getting any :mad:
This is a result of decades of letting almost everything we buy be made in China. When supply gets interrupted like this it takes a good long while to fill the line back up. The longer stuff is not on the shelf the faster people grab it when they see it. Problem then feeds on itself.
Try the dollar store. I just got a can there.. for a dollar.

Humility.
Sometimes we're wrong, but human nature kind of works against us learning from it and humbly admitting it, and moving forward.

Hoarder and panic buy mentality never pans out for a simple reason, as old as the study of economics itself:

Supply, demand, markets, and prices.

Things always balance out when we're talking about commodities that aren't supply side constrained. Toilet paper isn't supply side constrained. We had shortages due to a short-lived panic buying scenario, but we have plenty of production capacity and materials that filled that gap. Firearms and ammunition are also not supply side constrained. Plenty of raw materials and manufacturing capacity.

The only situation where my argument is wrong is a true SHTF scenario where supply chains are damaged long-term or irreparably. It hasn't happened in my lifetime. Maybe someday. Or maybe long after I'm gone. Nobody knows, and if someone says they do, they have a monetary incentive to tell you that.

Bolt action rifles will fly off the shelves if Biden wins, how many here have one?

Regarding semis - except for rimfires and maybe those that would only have 10 round mags.

I am more or less trying to stockup on non-semis in the same chamberings as semis; E.G., .308, .556, 7.62x39 bolt and lever actions, and I am looking at revolvers in 9mm, .40 and .45 ACP but I want lightweight revolvers with 3-5" barrels. Would love it if Ruger made an LCRX with 3"+ barrel in 9mm, .40 and .45 ACP. Otherwise I may have to settle for a CA revolver if I can find one with the right barrel length/style.

Hoarding? It actually sounds like a great time to be selling. I remember the 2012 panic, where you could get 3x your money on stripped AR15 lowers and 5.56. Cash out, and buy back in when the panic settles.

A smart person once said: buy low, sell high. If you're buying in at the top, get ready for a ride down.

Hoarder and panic buy mentality never pans out for a simple reason, as old as the study of economics itself:

Supply, demand, markets, and prices.

Things always balance out when we're talking about commodities that aren't supply side constrained. Toilet paper isn't supply side constrained. We had shortages due to a short-lived panic buying scenario, but we have plenty of production capacity and materials that filled that gap. Firearms and ammunition are also not supply side constrained. Plenty of raw materials and manufacturing capacity.

The only situation where my argument is wrong is a true SHTF scenario where supply chains are damaged long-term or irreparably. It hasn't happened in my lifetime. Maybe someday. Or maybe long after I'm gone. Nobody knows, and if someone says they do, they have a monetary incentive to tell you that.

Folks shouldn't confuse simply stocking up, with "hoarding" or panic buying.

Stocking up on things a family uses normally, saves both money & time. Moreso if done wisely, ie buying while items are on special & such.

Doing so also leaves "more" available for others if there happens to be a "run" on particulars (for whatever reasons), as folks whom have stocked up are not competing with others during said "run".

For whatever reasons MSM seems to be making a gross mis-association between folks whom stock up normally (a good thing) and "hoarders" (folks whom buy things in gross they'll never ever use, a bad thing).

They are not one and the same. One is wise, the other is wasteful.

I heard rumor that Costco has been considering putting a display of flannel logger shirts where the presently depleted TP department typically resides. :s0062:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top