JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

WHAT DO YOU THINK THE AVERAGE MARKET VALUE OF EACH FIREARM IN THE USA IS?

• $400

Votes: 21 18.1%
  • $500

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • $600

Votes: 29 25.0%
  • $700

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • $800

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • $900

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $1000

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • $1000+

Votes: 8 6.9%

• Total voters
If you look at these top 21 guns sold and figure $500 as new price for most at the top then minus out rugers, heritage, taurus, shotguns etc. I bet that would bring the average down to about $420ish. Add in the Pythons and it may raise to $450-$460ish. THat would be my off the top of my head estimattion fwiw. I did zero actual research or calcs beyond what I have seen in the past.

Put me down for $1000+. Unless I choose to sell for emergency cash. If the state ever wanted to put a value to replace my peace of mind, even for my cheapest Tristar, we can talk at $1000.

Nice…

A87C1F92-0B07-4BE8-A296-689AAAFB7BF5.jpeg

Thinking about the high-end and low end, I'll wager 1K+ average.

Have you all heard of our lord and savior MCR DUAL-FEED RIFLE?

Last Edited:
That poll is very vague. Are we talking a handgun or rifle because the difference can be drastic! The average I'd say is between 250-500 for handguns and I'd say like $600 and up for a rifle since most ARs like PSA , Anderson , delton all start around that $550-600 mark.

After a quick review of our very own classifieds, (handguns, rifles and shotguns) with some editing for frames, trades, etc, average price-$870.70.
BTW, I voted $700 on the poll. Neither of my two guns is worth anything near $870!
Average of $870 but of those around the $870 average mark are actually worth about $600-$650? I would guess 90% or so based on what I've seen with most used listings 100-150% of new price.

Who's going to advertise a $100 gun when the transfer fee is $30 to $80 and gas is $5 a gallon? The data you're looking at is the asking price of guns that gun forum members are trying to sell to other gun forum members. Members of a specific forum, which caters to a single region of the country. I would submit that this very unlikely to be an accurate representation of the value of the average firearm in the U.S.

That poll is very vague. Are we talking a handgun or rifle because the difference can be drastic! The average I'd say is between 250-500 for handguns and I'd say like $600 and up for a rifle since most ARs like PSA , Anderson , delton all start around that $550-600 mark.
Not sure what is vague about "Firearm" but to help you understand what I meant. For the purposes of this poll all handheld firearms from the earliest matchlock to full auto machine guns up to a 50 cal semi auto rifle.

Not sure what is vague about "Firearm" but to help you understand what I meant. For the purposes of this poll all handheld firearms from the earliest matchlock to full auto machine guns up to a 50 cal semi auto rifle.
Are you considering magazines as "arms"?

What are your guns worth on average? Or How much do you think you could sell for averaging them all out?

Not
How much are they new?
and
For god's sake don't use the mostly absurd prices from the Dreamers on the classifieds.

Need help? Look at actual bids and/or used asking prices on GunBrokerdotcom.

How is this hard?

What are your guns worth on average? Or How much do you think you could sell for averaging them all out?

Not
How much are they new?
and
For god's sake don't use the mostly absurd prices from the Dreamers on the classifieds.

Need help? Look at actual bids and/or used asking prices on GunBrokerdotcom.

How is this hard?
I won't say how many firearms I have but its more then a couple dozen ranging from 3) Winchesters made in 1905 1 made in 1910 I'm pretty that no firearm I own is currently selling on the market for less then I paid for it. And many are worth many times more then was paid for them. A for instance my c1905 Winchester Model 1895 Deluxe rifle in 30-40Gov with the Lyman #21 Receiver sight is currently worth around $3000.00 Dad paid $125.00 for it in 1968 at the Albany gun show. My M1 Carbine I paid $250 for is now well north of $900 My Ruger Bearcat is currently selling (as in closing in 2hours on GB) for $200 more then I paid for it.

I don't own any "Black" rifles So that might keep my collection from the ebb and flow in values many of you experience. I have also owned many of my firearms a LONG time. A couple of them over 50 years. Which greatly changes the story.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top