JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

WHAT DO YOU THINK THE AVERAGE MARKET VALUE OF EACH FIREARM IN THE USA IS?

• $400

Votes: 21 18.1%
  • $500

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • $600

Votes: 29 25.0%
  • $700

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • $800

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • $900

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $1000

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • $1000+

Votes: 8 6.9%

• Total voters
I think you guys are low for instance

A COLT SINGLE ACTION ARMY SAA pistol is currently worth an average price of $2,702.02 new and $2,506.89 used

They have made 457,000+ now if only 25% survive thats a value of $286,310,500.00 just for Colt SAA pistols. Based on current used value

A COLT 1911 pistol is currently worth an average price of $694.94 new and $599.81 used

They have made 2,734,345 of them if only 25% survive thats a value of $410,021,868.00
There have been 4,294,345 licensed copies made as well

Winchester made 7,500,000 model 1894's I would venture more then 50% of them survive.

Lets talk about a cheapo the Hi Point 9mm the company did not exist until 1992 basically 100 years after the Winchster model 1894 and 119 years after Colts SAA

Total production so far is about 2 million guns Now how many of those still exist with the rate the cops melt them down I have no idea. And wouldn't want to guess.

Depends on if I have an urgent need for money or if I'm in the middle of a home invasion.

Some of them would require stupid money over their appraised value to even get me to consider it. An example would be my Browning 22LR A-Bolt Medallion. Estimated value $1,000 to $1,200. The rifle is such a pleasure as well as a work of art that I wouldn't consider anything below $5,000. Obviously that is not going to happen.

Regardless, I only buy firearms I intent to keep and use until I croak then pass along.

I cannot provide enough likes and useful info emotes for this.
Use this next time:

1673415074025.png

:D

Absolutely $1000+

Now if the question only pertained to those firearms in private ownership it may be less.

However when the "each firearm in the USA" is the question and having some understanding of how our "elected" servants spend on firearms (and everything else)... from Sig's to miniguns and M4's to navel guns... I have no idea the average value would be. :s0092:

Absolutely $1000+

Now if the question only pertained to those firearms in private ownership it may be less.

However when the "each firearm in the USA" is the question and having some understanding of how our "elected" servants spend on firearms (and everything else)... from Sig's to miniguns and M4's to navel guns... I have no idea the average value would be. :s0092:
Tell me more about the navel guns.

:D

I feel the value of firearms has been ever increasing over the last several years, as such I chose $700 as the average value, considering the large number of economy priced firearms, the flood of striker fired polymer wonder nines and the more classic steel and wood firearms out there.

How many 30-06, 308, bolt action rifles are in pawn shops for under $300? Along with single shot shotguns, side by side shotguns, pump action shotguns... and then all those Rugers, Hi-Points, SNs, Taurus, and so on?

I'd wager even with $1,000+ firearms, the under-$400 firearms far outnumber the expensive ones. And then there's the ARs, whose values have gone from $2,000 down to $200 (Turkish 12ga ARs); and hovering between $400-600 on average given the massive number of stripped lowers, 80%s, kits, and affordable ARs compared to Colts, ArmaLite, Nodak spud builds...

I clicked $400 because that's the lowest number but I personally think the average is closer to $300 just by the sheer number of affordable firearms overall. (So many shotguns and bolt actions....)

Easy answer…

Guns I want to buy from you: $150

Those same guns I'll sell to you: $25,000
Exactly, this thread sheds a pretty bright light on why the majority of classifieds are on crack with the prices they are asking.

What you think your guns are worth likely is considerably more than the reality.
Try to sell one.

As an estate planning exercise I do this on a regular basis. Using "true gun value" website. I spend way too much on guns. Average on handguns, is 650, long guns 1100.

Maybe I don't see them because I'm not interested in buying low end guns but it seems to me the guns in the gun cases at the places I see guns are alot closer to the 1000.00 dollar mark than they are the 400.00 dollar mark.

Meh. I iimmediately dismissed all government guns. They have a microscopic chance of staying in the US. Mostly given away after end of service life expires. Typically oconus

Absolutely $1000+

However when the "each firearm in the USA" is the question and having some understanding of how our "elected" servants spend on firearms (and everything else)... from Sig's to miniguns and M4's to navel guns... I have no idea the average value would be. 

After a quick review of our very own classifieds, (handguns, rifles and shotguns) with some editing for frames, trades, etc, average price-$870.70.
BTW, I voted $700 on the poll. Neither of my two guns is worth anything near $870!

After a quick review of our very own classifieds, (handguns, rifles and shotguns) with some editing for frames, trades, etc, average price-$870.70.
BTW, I voted $700 on the poll. Neither of my two guns is worth anything near $870!
Average of $870 but of those around the $870 average mark are actually worth about $600-$650? I would guess 90% or so based on what I've seen with most used listings 100-150% of new price.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top