JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
this cop was out of line. you cannot say a guy facing away from you is any real threat. i could see letting the cop off with a slap on the wrist had he only pulled the weapon and taken aim but firing before he could do anything is just ridiculous and even more when he clearly had his hands in the air.

You cant shoot someone just because they move fast, there needs to be a visible threat (right?)

You are correct, sir....all three elements of a deadly threat must be present before deadly force can be legally justified (substitute "jeopardy" with "intent").

Deadlyforcetriangle.jpg
Simply having a gun gives you the ability and usually gives you the opportunity to kill someone...but me having a gun on my hip doesn't mean you can shoot me right? I have to show intent and you have to feel as if your life (or the life of others) is in jeopardy.

If I have a knife and I'm on the other side of a tall fence running at you- I am showing intent (running at you) and I have the ability (knife) but I don't have the opportunity (because of the fence).

What the above scenario has is opportunity and a perceived intent...but no capability (no weapon, overpowering physical force, etc.) even observed. I'm not saying that the officer would not have been justified drawing his firearm and giving orders to the guy to get on the ground or to raise his hands....but if you notice, several shots are fired before he even gives a verbal warning...and for what? Turning around quickly to get the license that you ordered him to get? Yeah, that cop is BONED!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top