JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can see where the Officer was concerned for his safety, what with the quick movements back into the car and then back out. I suggest to everyone watching this that they do not move so quickly to get back into the car, even when told to do so. Make every move slowly and make sure the Officer knows what you are doing. I hope the person is OK, and will recover.

There was no weapon found. The officer was fired and brought up on charges.

" Ex-Officer Groubert was arrested Wednesday and charged with assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature. Bond was set at $75,000.

The charges were brought by the Fifth Circuit Solicitor's office, which reviewed the findings of an investigation into the incident conducted by the State Law Enforcement Division.

A warrant states that audio and visual recordings, as well as written statements, indicate the shooting was without justification.

In dismissing Groubert, Smith called the facts of the case "disturbing."
Read more at
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

I agree, the guy made some sudden movements that where questionable.
He did not move that fast though.
I know the officer only has seconds to determine if his life is in jeopardy. Firing on him before the "weapon" is visible though seems excessive.
You cant shoot someone just because they move fast, there needs to be a visible threat (right?)
And 4 rounds fired at a stationary target 10 feet away and he had one hit to the leg?
Lucky for the guy but that kind of surprises me.

I feel sorry for the cop, I am sure he was in fear for his life and it could have went either way. If there would have been a gun in the car he would be a hero, but since he there was not he is a criminal. (or at least charged with a crime)

The only good thing about this is it needs to be mandatory viewing for all LEOs. And this officer needs to not be an officer anymore.
Of course we don't know all the context of the reasons behind the stop. He might have been a suspect in an armed robbery but.....
If that was the case the stop should have been handled differently.

Well my take on it was the guy did not move that fast. Mr PO shot before his hands even came out of the car. The way the suspect was turned he should have had one in the back and not the leg.

Dam lucky he was as crappy at shooting as he was crappy at being a cop or he'd be up on murder charges. He had his gun out and pointing before the guy even turned to get his license....and he STILL only hit a leg? from 12 feet? If the cop was so afraid that the citizen was dangerous, he never should have left cover. He didn't seem to have much concern about bystanders or if there was anyone else in the car.
Seriously, this guy should never have made the it onto a Police force.

Was it racial?? probably not. that implies some thought process in play and there was way too much stupid in the way, to tell for sure.

Shot over a seatbelt violation? The cop made some strange moves before even stopping him, Was just looking for something to bust him for. The guy never said he was shot in the leg, I believe he said he couldnt feel his legs. could have taken one to the spine? hopefully hes not paralyzed over a seatbelt!. Good thing they got that cop off the force before he killed someone over an expired tag violation!.

I agree, the guy made some sudden movements that where questionable.
He did not move that fast though.
I know the officer only has seconds to determine if his life is in jeopardy. Firing on him before the "weapon" is visible though seems excessive.
You cant shoot someone just because they move fast, there needs to be a visible threat (right?)
And 4 rounds fired at a stationary target 10 feet away and he had one hit to the leg?
Lucky for the guy but that kind of surprises me.

I feel sorry for the cop, I am sure he was in fear for his life and it could have went either way. If there would have been a gun in the car he would be a hero, but since he there was not he is a criminal. (or at least charged with a crime)

I agree completely. It's just sad how some people in positions of authority can be that trigger happy. The officer made a very bad judgement and he should be punished for it. I can respect the tough job the LEO's perform but they need to be the ones helping us, not the ones blowing us away.

<broken link removed>

1. Started firing before a threat... 2 shots
2. Fired another shot while the victim was backing up
3. Fired a fourth shot while the victims hands were in the air and still backing up
At no time was the officer threatened.

Talk about shoot first ask questions later. Yes he could of been reaching for a weapon but they have to see one first!
Well we know one thing the victim will be getting some of our money when he sues the city. And he rightly should.
Stacy

Truth is blacks kill a lot more cops (and other citizens) considering their relative percentage of our population. A few years ago a black male gunned down 4 officers in a donut shop in the Seattle area and was the subject of a manhunt culminating in his termination. The cop may have been a bit more jumpy on this stop if he was aware of these street stats. This does not justify this shoot, he overreacted... just trying to get into his head, as he seemed pretty scared (and was using poor tactics)

Last Edited:
Okay so I am the first person to fight for LEOs and will do so aggressively. I usually find any situation you can defend an officer's actions, but I could see nothing in that video that suggests there was a need to pull a weapon and certainly not to fire.

The old man and the cane I can see, especially at night. And you could tell that officer was completely distraught over it.

Cops do have an impossible job. Just like the military you pretty much have to wait until your life is in danger or your dead to react.
You have a split second to decide and if your wrong someone may die.
Just like the cop shot in vancouver. He didn't get a chance to barely get off his motorcycle before some dirtbag opened fire on him.
Okay now you can fire back, oh wait you were shot 7 times.

Yeah like I said, I feel sorry for the cop. I mean he was an idiot and incompetent but I still feel sorry for him. Something spooked him, he made a call that his life was in danger. It turned out to be a really, really bad call.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top