JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi guys, I'm thinking of possibly parting with my AK. I have a IO Inc AK that's been upgraded with magpul/Ultimak and I have an offer to trade this rifle + $100 of ammo for a PTR91 16 inch barrel.

What do you guys think? Would you take this trade? what are the trade offs?

This is my rifle:
ARMSLIST - For Sale/Trade: AKM 47

This is the PTR91 I'm looking to possibly trade for:
ARMSLIST - For Sale/Trade: HK G3/PTR 91 $900

On the surface it seems pretty fair.
I personally have owned a IO and dumped it pretty quickly due to being unreliable. I have never owned a PTR but would like to someday. From what I have read, the PTR can be hit and miss on reliability as well. Either way, good luck!!

Hi Tyler, The Best Deal is one that Makes Both people in the trade Happy, I Like your AK the way you set it up and AK's are easy to keep running VS the PTR91. Ammo is less for the AK but More Power in the .308 PTR.

What I would do is Buy an PTR91 and Keep the AK. OR find someone here you can go shooting and try out their PTR before making the move, Patience Truly IS a Virtue when looking for and buying guns, Best to you in your Decision.

PTR's are pretty darned decent. HK tooling.

It's Century Arms & Hesse CETME's that one needs to be more careful on getting, but even then can get lucky.

Edit, adding: yeah it's a fair trade, if it's a PTR. If not, then the trade should be flipped the other way, in your favor. Plus, if it's not, then the seller/trader missreprented & you should walk away. Can't see from the pics if it's stamped PTR or not from my phone.

Another thought I'll throw out as well. What is your ultimate goal for this rifle? SHTF? Keep your AK. Range use? Doesn't matter.

G3's & AR10's are just to have at hand on the homestead, from a fixed position (for us). AK's are easier to walk about with, should the need arise...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top