JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And calling for public shunning/denial of service/boycott is illegal?

Nope. Please share where I said it was.

Get over it, if you guys are going to stick to the "well, what he did was legal" card; then be logically consistent and allow it to the two men who confronted him and posted pictures taken in public.

If you would read back and pay attention, I was. You're saying the same thing I said, just in reverse.

You guys pitch and moan about overbearing laws all the time, largely because many of them don't reflect public opinion. Well guess what? The public/community opinion here (and by 'here' I mean the real world, not NWFA) is that this kid is an as.shat and he should deserve some recognition for it.

What over bearing laws are you referring to, here? I am not asking to make posting his picture illegal.

Yes it is legal to hunt there for now. No one ever thought there was a need for a law to say otherwise. Ethical people "care" for the site(s) and preserve them.

Now due to this kids actions who has much lower ethics and morals there is need for a law and it will become illegal.

Yes it is legal to hunt there for now. No one ever thought there was a need for a law to say otherwise. Ethical people "care" for the site(s) and preserve them.

Now due to this kids actions who has much lower ethics and morals there is need for a law and it will become illegal.

Please elaborate what the kid did that was ethically wrong. He legally harvested the octopus in a state owned area using the approved methods. Just because a bunch of people get bent over it being done in their wanna be private aquarium does not make it unethical. If they want it to be a natural preserve (the laws proposed) than the diving needs to stop as well as that does not leave the aquadic life a human interference free area. If they want to continue to dive there and have no hunters than a use fee should be imposed to help pay for any reperations needed due to human contact. At least the tag/license that the kid paid for has money going to the state to manage the area unlike the long list of whiners complaining about what he legally did.

Please elaborate what the kid did that was ethically wrong. He legally harvested the octopus in a state owned area using the approved methods. Just because a bunch of people get bent over it being done in their wanna be private aquarium does not make it unethical. If they want it to be a natural preserve (the laws proposed) than the diving needs to stop as well as that does not leave the aquadic life a human interference free area. If they want to continue to dive there and have no hunters than a use fee should be imposed to help pay for any reperations needed due to human contact. At least the tag/license that the kid paid for has money going to the state to manage the area unlike the long list of whiners complaining about what he legally did.

Just how much does the state pay to "manage" this area? These areas are community cared for and maintained so that ALL people can enjoy it. Here is just one example of current work that was done at that one site, Northwest Dive Club • View topic - Cove 2 Line and Buoy Project status Here is another one that the dive community cleaned up crap dumped by the "public", West Seattle Blog... » Video: The Great Battery Roundup of 2012, updated Here is yet another, Sail Sand Point, September 22, 2012 | Project AWARE I will help if I am on that side of the state when one of these things is going on.

The idea is not to limit all activities but to maintain a site for ALL people to enjoy. The actions of this kid does just the opposite of that. I wish our firearms community was as strong as the dive community was, we could sure get a lot done.

Also the "kill" of this animal is equal to gut shooting a deer then just tossing it in the back of your truck and driving off. That is one of the other issues.

<broken link removed>

I imagine this will be the last time he does any hunting there. Thanks to the *** hole who contacted the news. This is exactly the kind of action that harms hunters rights everywhere. A perfectly legal action will be misinterpreted by the liberal media and I'm sure a ban will be following. Same thing that happened to hound hunting, our gun rights and what's about to happen to trapping in Oregon. Even if you don't agree with a persons particular method of hunting you still shouldn't throw them under the bus. Your rights are being threatened as well.

Why is this even an issue of discussion? If the guy didn't commit any crimes (as I understand it) and paid for a tag then they have no case and can kick rocks no matter how much it hurt their feelings. If you don't like it when witness, calmly tell him and maybe he'll reflect on it later when he gets his kill home. If I (young scuba diver myself) happened to be yelled at by some elitest old farts for doing something LEGAL I'd get mouthy too. I'd be polite at first but then continued harrassment back to his truck, cameras, pictures taken, threats? All illegal on THEIR part.... if you dont like it, walk away and change the law the bureaucratic way.

I think salmonriverjohn put it the best.

<broken link removed>

I imagine this will be the last time he does any hunting there. Thanks to the *** hole who contacted the news. This is exactly the kind of action that harms hunters rights everywhere. A perfectly legal action will be misinterpreted by the liberal media and I'm sure a ban will be following. Same thing that happened to hound hunting, our gun rights and what's about to happen to trapping in Oregon. Even if you don't agree with a persons particular method of hunting you still shouldn't throw them under the bus. Your rights are being threatened as well.

This kid did the equivalent of wounding the town buck on the courthouse lawn, then dragging it back to the truck down Main Street with a rope around its neck, kicking it every few steps as the whole town watched it struggle and die. When challenged, he mouthed off and threatened to do it again tomorrow. It's got nothing to do with legality and everything to do with ethics and respect. It's not the people who reported his actions that are giving hunting a bad name and causing new restrictions to be put into place. It's the stupid, arrogant kid who did this. If you were to visit his Facebook page before he took it private you'd find pictures of him putting a firecracker in a snake's mouth, laughing as he watched a slaughtered cow twitch, and drop kicking a live porcupine. The kid is a spoiled brat loser whose dad never blistered his a$$ when he needed it.

This kid did the equivalent of wounding the town buck on the courthouse lawn, then dragging it back to the truck down Main Street with a rope around its neck, kicking it every few steps as the whole town watched it struggle and die. When challenged, he mouthed off and threatened to do it again tomorrow. It's got nothing to do with legality and everything to do with ethics and respect. It's not the people who reported his actions that are giving hunting a bad name and causing new restrictions to be put into place. It's the stupid, arrogant kid who did this. If you were to visit his Facebook page before he took it private you'd find pictures of him putting a firecracker in a snake's mouth, laughing as he watched a slaughtered cow twitch, and drop kicking a live porcupine. The kid is a spoiled brat loser whose dad never blistered his a$$ when he needed it.

In the defense of kicking a live porcupine...they are bubblegums.

It really shouldn't matter if the kid is a raging as$hole or not (he is in my opinion). He should sue for personal character deffamation and slander. They provided all his personal info (I found his facebook quite easily from their postings, though pics have since been set to private) and as I understand it called his work harrassing them further and then to make it onto the news....

I'm am not defending this guys actions one ounce, he by his own postings looks to be a disgusting person but think how somebody may view you, your actions or your own lifestyle. It's the harrassment steps THEY took that bother me.

It boils down to situation ethics. Yes it's "legal" to take that shot at a fine buck that's sky lined, but not knowing where the bullet will fall if missed or passed through the animal, I'll pass. Do I drive faster than the posted speed limit? Yes, at times I do. One is fully legal, the other not so much, yet I make my own personal decisions regarding each situation. Its my actions, or lack of, that others judge me by. Personal ethics are just that, personal.
When your personal ethics effect others in a positive way, perhaps they will emulate your reactions to situations, having judged that to be the right thing to do.
When you make a choice however to take that town buck as mentioned above, expect to be judged by that choice. While your being judged, remember that many other hunters are being judged right along with you, all being broad brushed painted by your choices in ethics, or lack there of.
While I agree that this person had every right to take the animal, was it the right choice? Probably not. Now as a result, his personal choices and lack in ethical behavior have lit his life up, and cast a negative light on all spear fishers and hunters in the eyes of all the non hunter types. Now another law will be enacted, possibly impacting others in a negative way that was unexpected. The shame of it is that this never need to have happened. A personal choice, and the reaction of others to it have insured that.

If this is successful it will be followed by the ultra-bleeding hearts who will argue that the recreational divers are still polluting the site, disrupting the ecosystem, and being plain rude.

Before you know it, nobody will be allowed within a mile of the beach but scientists. Even then they won't get anywhere without 4 goverment permits, a hazmat suit, and a promise not to touch anything.

Another reason I have a hard time believing he is eating it is the DOH warnings in that area. Right on the beach there are signs warning not to eat from that area (cant remember the exact wording). A quick search on the WDFW shows <broken link removed>

It really shouldn't matter if the kid is a raging as$hole or not (he is in my opinion). He should sue for personal character deffamation and slander.

In this case, the fact that it's all true is an absolute defense to the charges. Slander and defamation don't apply if what's being said is the truth. In any case, damages would be based on the monetary damage to the kid's reputation, which was worth about 5 cents to begin with. How much could he recover?

It really shouldn't matter if the kid is a raging as$hole or not (he is in my opinion). He should sue for personal character deffamation and slander. They provided all his personal info (I found his facebook quite easily from their postings, though pics have since been set to private) and as I understand it called his work harrassing them further and then to make it onto the news....

I'm am not defending this guys actions one ounce, he by his own postings looks to be a disgusting person but think how somebody may view you, your actions or your own lifestyle. It's the harrassment steps THEY took that bother me.

That kind of candy-assed thinking is one of the things wrong with this country today.

I don't know if it's true but it appeared from what I read there were some folks trying to contact his employer. If that is indeed the case and the kids employment suffers in any way due to the clear harassment and intimidation caused by the thread starter then he has definite quantifiable damages and in the state of Washington punitive damages of up to 3 times his actual losses can be awarded.

I hope this case ends up being a lesson to folks who believe if THEY think something is un-ethical or immoral that then gives them the right to bully, harass, and intimidate other people.

If this case was truly about "morals" and "ethics" the op wouldn't have went out of his way to punish this kid, he could have written the exact same post and left out the poor kids identity and gotten the exact same result he says he wants. The OP was ticked off because some snot nose punk mouthed off to him instead of bowing to his wisdom and he wanted this kid to learn a lesson. There's only one thing in life I hate worse than snot nose kids and that's a bully.

This discussion makes me want to get an order of take-out calamari and eat it on the courthouse lawn while waiting to shoot the first neighborhood apple fed buck that comes along, hopefully while a grade school is taking a field trip there. I'd shoot that deer and give their vegan ultra-liberal teacher a big wink as I was gutting the deer while PETA protested the whole thing and news crews had their cameras rolling. Then I'd post pictures of the whole scene on my facebook page......a guy can dream can't he

This discussion makes me want to get an order of take-out calamari and eat it on the courthouse lawn while waiting to shoot the first neighborhood apple fed buck that comes along, hopefully while a grade school is taking a field trip there. I'd shoot that deer and give their vegan ultra-liberal teacher a big wink as I was gutting the deer while PETA protested the whole thing and news crews had their cameras rolling. Then I'd post pictures of the whole scene on my facebook page......a guy can dream can't he

:s0123::s0140:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads