JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The idea of a bolt action .22LR with an integral suppressor has me enamored as of late...so I've stumbled into CZ's integral suppressor. I absolutely loved my 457 while I had it, so it's a compelling purchase. But, it'd also be my first suppressor. What are your thoughts of this vs a can or around integral suppressors in general? Given that a Form 4 is what, 10 months now? I'm looking to be a bit more sure of this purchase.
I know I'm late to the party, but going to comment on this because I'm fond of the topic.

I have a .22LR, integrally suppressed, built on a Summit T3 action. The barrel is a Thompson Machine Operative barrel and a Mueller scope. The rifle takes 10/22 mags.

Why I love it: it's a bolty, so no additional sound of cycling. It's already quieter than a mouse farting in church. The ease of bolt of the T3 is finger-tip easy. And thrown into a basic stock (in this case, a hogue rubbery one) feels just like my normal 10/22. It was worth the money to me. Stupidly accurate and a fun plinker.

Also I think Form 4s are running 5 months, so there's that.

The idea of a bolt action .22LR with an integral suppressor has me enamored as of late...so I've stumbled into CZ's integral suppressor. I absolutely loved my 457 while I had it, so it's a compelling purchase. But, it'd also be my first suppressor. What are your thoughts of this vs a can or around integral suppressors in general? Given that a Form 4 is what, 10 months now? I'm looking to be a bit more sure of this purchase.
I'd rather have A suppressor I can swap from gun to gun. Also integral suppressors add a one year or more wait and also an additional one year or more wait when it's time to sell. With a regular suppressor u wait one year (or do a form 1 for fast) and can use on any gun and no restriction on selling any gun cuz suppressor is separate. Not worth it at all to me. Especially in 22 where very effective suppressors are small and very cheap.

" Amazing. Every word of what you just said was wrong." - Luke Skywalker

Integrally suppressed vs. external cans = same wait time.
Yep exactly the same. One year or more when you buy It. One year or more when you want to transfer it. But when you sell a gun with a threaded barrel there is no wait time. Only when you sell the suppressor itself. With integrally suppressed you don't have that option, you have to sell to someone who is willing to wait the one year and pay $200 for the stamp to buy that gun.

If I were filthy rich and could afford integral, I'd get a few- the ones for the CZ Scorpion look pretty sweet- There's degrees of integral- I'd still want one that breaks down for cleaning-
As it is, I have to share cans between guns......

The three NFA items I want the most are integrally suppressed:
AWC Amphibian
AWC-amphibian.jpg
H&K MP5 SD
mp5 sd.jpg
and Silencerco Maxim 9
silencerco_maxim_9.jpg

I have almost as many silencers as I have guns to put them on . Many of them are permanently married to their hosts. I dont see a problem with that. Its just where they live. These are all integrals in that the silencers being used would not function on other guns without additional parts.. Bullets come out the end under the speed of sound and every one of them fire and function with and fire every type of ammy Ive tried with them. Theyre all relatively quiet and some are stupid quiet . I truly do not see how this would be controversial. Theyre just more fun to shoot this way. If you dont have enough guns so that some of them can't be dedicated to just having fun then you need to get more guns and stop complaining about people who's priorities are straight.

View attachment 788938
View attachment 788939 View attachment 788940View attachment 788941
View attachment 788942
View attachment 788944
View attachment 788945
View attachment 788947View attachment 788954
Never let your Ruger drink and drive.

Yep exactly the same. One year or more when you buy It. One year or more when you want to transfer it. But when you sell a gun with a threaded barrel there is no wait time. Only when you sell the suppressor itself. With integrally suppressed you don't have that option, you have to sell to someone who is willing to wait the one year and pay $200 for the stamp to buy that gun.

Theyre running around 5 months these days.

Eh, not really. There are very few truly 100% integral as in completely married to the gun silencers. Most will detach in some way. It was different years ago when integral meant ported barrel and the gun wouldnt shoot without the silencer attached. Only morons build ported barrel integral these days. Its better to cut the barrel short and use modern baffles . When you port the barrel it ceases to build pressure and might as well be cut at that point anyway and let the baffles do the work.Almost all integrals arent really integral in the sense that the gun wont work without the can. So, the can comes off and the gun transfers to the buyer who then waits for the can.

Also, with rifles like the 10/22, especially the takedown version, the barrel comes off the rifle easily and if it is an integral suppressor, it can easily be separated from the rifle. Thompson Machine has several variations on this - you just send them your barrel and they send you back an integral suppressor.

Just saw this thread. In answer to OP, integrals are cool, and best after you have a can each for rimfire, a .30 rifle can, and MAYBE a CF pistol can. I have 2 integrals and that'll probably do for me, but a 10/22 integral and maybe a MkII or a High Std integral keep catching my eye.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top