JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My first pistol was a Taurus PT 24/7.... no C lol
I put a little over 2000 rounds through it and the slide was a little too loose for my taste after all of those rounds. I didn't like the safety much because it would easily come off..... I had the .40 cal. and it had the rubberized grip and I liked the grip on that pistol. I paid $400 and a few years later I sold it for $350 lol. You will get tired of it and maybe sell it and move on lol. Oh and I took some polish to mine and made the slide all shiny because it was that two tone model and it was unique. I liked the mag capacity.... but I did have some feeding issues so I don't know if it was mainly the ammo.... I had bought one of them cans of 1000 rnds at the gun show so who knows.

so i just bought my first pistol and wanted to know what u think about it its a tuarus 40 cal. pt 24/7 c
I got my first handgun a couple of years ago.

It was also a .40 which I really like.

I have no experience with Taurus to speak from but from what I gleen from forums like this one I am pretty confident saying that you got a great super reliable gun without paying too much and you can expect to be disapointed and completely let down at every turn.

Also you will be the apple of every woman's eye / will become even more stupid and ugly than you already are because of this purchase.
That I can state with almost absolute confidence. And you can take that to the bank 'cuz I've been reading forums like this one for at least a year so I'm a real expert.

I expect that what you are really about to find out if you have the sickness or not. You'll know soon enough. We'll know too if you stay on this forum for very long.

My suggestion: get a much bigger safe than you can ever imagine needing.:D

I have no experience with Taurus to speak from but from what I gleen from forums like this one I am pretty confident saying that you got a great super reliable gun without paying too much and you can expect to be disapointed and completely let down at every turn.

Also you will be the apple of every woman's eye / will become even more stupid and ugly than you already are because of this purchase.
That I can state with almost absolute confidence. And you can take that to the bank 'cuz I've been reading forums like this one for at least a year so I'm a real expert.

I expect that what you are really about to find out if you have the sickness or not. You'll know soon enough. We'll know too if you stay on this forum for very long.

My suggestion: get a much bigger safe than you can ever imagine needing.

i like that one haha!!!!!!! alright thanks alot

I had a 24/7 in 45acp. I loved the look, loved the feel, but it was the most unreliable pistol I have ever had. Stove piped, FTF all the time. I wasn't limp wristing it either. I did hear that the 9mm where alot more reliable. That said, I was just turned off on that model. I also took a loss on it to get rid of it. I bought a PT92 and loved every minute of it.

The gun jammed so bad one time I couldnt realease the slide. I sent it to the factory for repair with a detailed description on what was happening. They fixed the slide and the gun was operational, but it still had FTE's and FTF's. I then decided to get rid of it. I really liked the feel of the pistol, but it wasn't enough to keep it. I spent more and bought a glock. I eventually bought a taurus pt92, which I believe is the best semi-auto Taurus makes. I read so much about the 24/7 before I bought it, but I took a chance and I got bit by a bad gun.

Take it apart and clean it really well before you shoot it. This is coming from people who actively buy new Taurus guns (check out taurusarmed.net). I guess they are shipped with a lot of protective goo on the internals. Give it a good detail cleaning to get the grease out, and re-oil like normal. Shoot several hundred rounds to get it broken in, and to see if it is going to throw you any surprises. If all is well at that point, keep shooting:s0155: If anything odd does happen, call Taurus on their warranty.

I've owned two Taurus guns, and both were good. Unfortunately I no longer own either. One I traded, and one was ripped off (still fighting with cops to get it back).

Let me echo shoggoth80's advise on cleaning, including the firing pin, I've owned my MilPro pt145 (45cal) for over a year and have better than 500 rounds without no issues.

Ken
P.S. it's also my daily wepon of choice...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top