JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Most people who know me just assume that I'm always armed. I've never been asked by someone that I'm not that thoroughly familiar with.

I've been asked why a time or two. I recall one girl that I was spending time with remarking that "You don't think you're gonna need that while we're out for dinner?", which was settled easily enough with "If I thought I did, we'd be calling out for pizza instead"

Basically anyone who would know to ask knows, and anyone who doesn't, well, doesn't.

After jamming with 2 other musicians (first time meeting), we were getting acquainted, BS-ing about families, jobs, other hobbies, etc. Guns came up and the neophyte asked two of us why we carry. The other 2A supporter had a superb answer...

"It's my responsibility."

Answers i have given:
nope
I choose to take responsibility for my own personal safety
When seconds count, the cops are only minutes away.
Ummm....(reach around to feel the gun) Yup

Anyone who is a close friend would know I'm carrying, anyone else would not have any reason to ask. But if someone were to ask me out of the blue, I would give them the look and ignore the question.;)
So I guess the answer would depend on the person asking and the circumstances.

This ^

Never been asked except by my mother who still worries about me:)
If someone does ask, the reply will be "Why in the world
would you ask me that"? That response usually shuts people up.

is-that-a-gun-in-your-pocket-or-are-you-just-happy_20120513182751.jpg

My wife side hugs me or grabs my hips and will smile.

My friends who know I do don't question.

Anyone else gets the "carry what?" Response.

I was standing at church and two buddies who are LEO's were talking. I walked past them and one looks at me and says "why aren't there ever any good police officers around when you need one?"... So I twisted my arm behind my back and shoved my face into the wall while saying "I didn't do it..." Best part was that there was three of the 15 firearms at church that day near that group. Nobody needed to ask, nobody needed to tell. Similar story when one of the LEO's and I went to a movie with a third friend. The third friend asked when I got into the car if I was packing. Asked him what I should have been packing...? LEO friend stated the more the merrier.

Last Edited:
I was stopped for supposedly speeding in a school zone this morning, but the cop let me go nonetheless. He saw I had my EDC on me and was just interested to know what it was. Said his department is looking for a new sidearm and he said he wouldn't mind having Walther's PPQ as a replacement to their aging Glocks and M&Ps. He knew right away I had one in the chamber. Never questioned it or nothing. He knows. This cop was a no-nonsense type and said "You're legal to carry, that's all I need to know."

I've had this problem in reverse...

The wife and I went out to dinner with two couples. The restaurant was crowded and they asks if we'd like to sit in the bar. To which I replied, "I can't sit in the bar". The not so pleasant spouse of a friend very loudly asked, "Why can't you sit in the bar?"

I paused for a second, in the very crowded lobby, and replied (with a sly grin), "I'm a recovering alcoholic and the judge doesn't think it's a good idea". Her husband started laughing out loud (since he knew it was a lie and what the real reason was) and I avoided running foul of the law.

I lost some skin on my shin where my wife kicked me that night but I didn't see any value in addressing her question with the truth.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top