JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I miss high/low beam switches that were on the floor and the small side vent windows that opened.

Now, there is other stuff I miss but that's enough for now.

So, what do you miss? Doesn't have to be car stuff either.

Mike

I miss the respect that comes with someone giving you their word - it used to be the equivalent of a contract - there are few that feel this way today.

+1 to the OP on floor mounted headlight dimmer switch buttons.

I miss being a teen in the 60's when the music scene exploded in thousands of new directions. My mind caught on fire and it's why I've played guitar in dozens of dysfunctional performing garage bands for nearly half a century now.

Girls my age dismissed brasieres as restrictive symbols of a stuffy, oppressive establishment (bless their hearts).

And I miss my first... everything.

Last Edited:
I miss cars that worked until you heard or felt a problem.

Now lights go off in my dash giving me the impression it needs a dealer visit only to find out it "just needs to be reset"...

--------------
Power tools and appliances that were expected to be repaired and not just thrown away for a new one.

-----------
Kids getting a slap on the hand and maybe a switching - now they go to jail at 10,11,12 years old.

Not to mention at least some parental involvement.

--------------
Shop, home ec, metal shop and auto shop.

I miss back in the day when a man was a man. His word was golden, and if you didn't have any manners, he would teach you some! obviously I learned a few manners from the good old boys! Most of them have all passed now, wish I was half the man they were!

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!
My mind!!
And my wife's being well enough to work and enjoy traveling again!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top