JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Obama also mentioned that police merely need to "justify" having that equipment, which probably won't be too difficult... He just wants people to feel more at ease about the militarization of the police.

Okay, justification: "Your voters are tearing our cities apart"

Done and done :p

I am curious, I'd like to see a poll of how many rioters and looters voted for Obama. I have a sneaking suspicion it would be very heavily in his favor. Probably not a lot of Romney voters in the crowd.

It's a WarmFuzzy. The equipment that they're not surplusing to LEs are the equipment that they generally don't want anyway. About the only thing that might be a bummer is the grenade launcher if that is the type they use for tear gas.

elsie

It could be a good thing - maybe the folks from the Devils Carnival have decided that local LEO is simply politically unreliable and that it's not in their [DC] best interests for them [Local LEO] to have that kind of equipment.

Look to see where these new guidelines are actually practiced [Ferguson] and who gets a pass [Boston].

Ex Gladio Libertas

Most likely the military stuff will go to the police departments in retirement communities . . . The old folks might be fomenting insurrection.
The cops in places like Baltimore and Ferguson will only be allowed pepper spray and night sticks.

Sheldon

Actually it won't make a damned bit of difference, as they were told they can still buy whatever they want just not from that source. So they will just get the stuff from the dealers that buy it from the military now.:mad::mad:

Actually it won't make a damned bit of difference, as they were told they can still buy whatever they want just not from that source. So they will just get the stuff from the dealers that buy it from the military now.:mad::mad:

I wonder what it cost the surplus dealers to get included in the loop? :rolleyes:

So in reality, I should be able to sell to a person of color, post SB941, without a BGC. If they come after me, all I have to do is claim they put yet another barrier to the minorities owning firearms, their own voting base. It would be a conundrum to be sure. If that didn't work, I'd just ask them why they were so racist as to not allow a white person to sell to a black person. Might as well use Alinsky's own tactics against them ;)

No, in Oregon you won't be able to sell to a young black male because Bloomberg is trying to keep guns away from them (at least based on his speech at that University). ;) In Oregon, Bloomberg rules! :eek:

Ya'll have to admit that right after the first ISIS attack and the terrorist are gunned down it seems odd the pres wants to cut back on police gear. Guess he wants it all fair...o_O

I can't stand Obama, but as shocking as it is, maybe he is doing something right?

I'm not a mind reader, so it's hard to judge his motives on this one. At least for me it is.

Motives -- what does Obama have to gain? Can he actually affect ANY local police department's decision to buy or not?

Answer -- the Presidency is not a monarchy. Obama does not control the local police forces. That is not even for the governor of the state. It is for the local officials to define what their departments look like. The local departments have to abide by state laws and enforce state and local laws. Federal laws are enforced by the feds. (Hence so many issues with Sheriff Joe Arpio (spelling?)).

This looks more like a grab at some form of power. Question is, what are the states going to do about it?

Sodbuster

It looks on the surface to me, that nothing is going to change, except maybe the source of equipment. Local Police, can still purchase anything they want, just not from the federal gubberment, or surplus, or where ever Barry has some influence over. Although I am not a big fan of militarized police, I understand the need for some military "like" equipment being needed by some police.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top