JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What is your favorite caliber to carry ??

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 12 9.5%
  • 9×19mm Parabellum

Votes: 70 55.6%
  • 40 S&W

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • 45 ACP

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • 38 Special

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • .357 Mag

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • .44 Mag

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • 10MM

Votes: 9 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Over the last year I've found myself consistently choosing my Bersa Thunder in 380acp over everything else; it fits my hand perfectly, is lightweight and comfortable to carry, and most importantly, is easily concealable no matter what I'm wearing! With 8 shots of Sig V-Crowns, I feel plenty confident with it.
One of the best guns for followup shots that I ever tried was a compact Taurus in 380. Not very ergo, not very pretty, poor reputation, but the felt recoil was so minimal and the grip was just good enough that you could just blaze away with that thing and shoot little groups. It was accurate and low recoil and just about nothing else, but sometimes I guess that's enough. :)

Shot placement, baby! Shot placement! That's all that matters!

...said no woman ever.
I suppose that depends on what kind of movie you're watching. :s0087:

What I "Like" to carry and what I prefer to carry are often very different, so, I have choices, but ALL of them are the same, as in the same configuration and such! For me, its a Para P- series double stack 10 mm, or a Para Warthog double stack compact 9 mm, or a Colt defender .45! For back up, its almost always a CZ 82! I can also rotate the Beretta M-92G Centurion into the mix, as it's so dang close to the 1911's as to be interchangeable!

One of the best guns for followup shots that I ever tried was a compact Taurus in 380. Not very ergo, not very pretty, poor reputation, but the felt recoil was so minimal and the grip was just good enough that you could just blaze away with that thing and shoot little groups. It was accurate and low recoil and just about nothing else, but sometimes I guess that's enough. :)

I suppose that depends on what kind of movie you're watching. :s0087:
That's how I feel about the glock 42.

Phased Plasma rifle in the 40 watt range...

Right now, I have a Kel-Tek p3-AT, bought through the classifieds here a couple years ago. Got a DeSantis pocket holder and a job that allows baggy/loose pants. If i have to step it up I can subcompact my P250 in .40 but it's still a thick, chunky monkey and needs a better holster.

Phased Plasma rifle in the 40 watt range...

Right now, I have a Kel-Tek p3-AT, bought through the classifieds here a couple years ago. Got a DeSantis pocket holder and a job that allows baggy/loose pants. If i have to step it up I can subcompact my P250 in .40 but it's still a thick, chunky monkey and needs a better holster.
Crimson Trace makes a great laser sight for that P3AT. It cost about what you probably paid used for the gun, and you'll need a new holster, but given the almost non-existent sights, it's a huge improvement. Also I think DeSantis makes a holster for that gun with the CT on it.

1) "I think the people that boast the most about "how they won't be tread on" and all the fear mongering are the ones full of hot air."
Such things are best kept to oneself...

2) "One of the best guns for followup shots that I ever tried was a compact Taurus in 380"
When I was working as gunsmith back in the Dream Time I was favorably impressed by The Taurus .380, but too poor to buy one.

I carry a 9mm
And 9mm is not all about Glocks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210223-024831_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210223-024831_Facebook.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 132
I voted for the 45, I have owned or do own almost all of the choices given. It has been a long search for the gun most suited to my travel thru this crazy unpredictable world. I'm glad I was able to start my search in the middle of the last century because if I had to start now I think it would be a lot harder to make a decision. For a long time, I was a wheel gun man. I suppose it was because I carried an S&W 19 daily and I shot PPC with it. I came to realize 38 was lacking and.357 was too much in crowded situations. I know there will be the 'but it's only got 8 rounds' that's true but I figure that if each one hits like a truck you won't need 14 to stop the threat. I really don't want to kill anyone but if I am forced to shoot someone I want them down and stay down.:oops:

I lived in Washington State for 58 years. Got my carry license when I was 22. My carry gun of choice, which I still have, was my Charter Arms Bulldog Pug. But, that gun is a .44 specisl, which isn't on your list. The Pug is a 5 shot revolver, and I have two spead loaders in a case I would carry also.
Why a .44 special? Because I am a fan of large bullets flying at moderate velocities. And, I can hit with that Charter Arms. I have an old Uncle Mikes clip on inside the pants holster.
My second choice would be my Colt Model 1911A1. Again, large bullets at moderate velocities. And, again, I can hit with that gun.
I moved to Hawaii in 2011, and here, the reality is, one cannot get a carry permit. I sold most of my firearms before the move and just kept a select few, and the relading fies for them. The gun I keep loaded and ready is that Bulldog Pug.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top