JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yea unfortunately Im still a little new to firearms and make that mistake from time to time, ive only owned my own firearm for about 2 years and probably only put 1500 rounds through it because I dont go shooting often enough (cant find any gun buddys who can afford to shoot or go shooting with me). Funny thing about that posted thread is Ive used a clip before when firing my dads enfeild to quickly load 5 rounds in the magazine, but I sometimes confuse it with a magazine.

I guess firearms enthusiasts like to make fun of the newbies that call magazines "clips" on here.

Anyways back On topic, I like the low recoil of the FiveseveN whislt being a lot more powerful than a .22, but at $.50 a shot, I dont like the idea of going through $10-$15 per magazine at the firing range. I just like the idea of being able to load an AP round even if they are illegal and the really high magazine capacity.

They AP ammo isn't illegal in OR, unless somebody can show me otherwise. It's just hard to obtain.

The Lee-Enfield uses a stripper clip, or the rounds are individually loaded into an internal magazine. Another type of magazine would be the en-bloc, which is what most people would associate with a "clip." This, of course, also loads into a sort of internal magazine.

It's also not $0.50/shot. It's currently about $.38/rd., about equivalent to factory .45ACP.

If you want cheap, then you have 2 options: .22LR or reload your own 9mm.

A friend of mine bought one. They are well made and reliable, but the round seems to be something someone thought up without having a real reason for it. It is a fun little gun, but I don't want one.

The round makes sense as an armor-piercing SMG round for the P90. I think the P90 is better than any subgun out there for handling and delivering a tight accurate burst of nastiness across the length of a room or 2.

Otherwise....I'll pass.

Interchangeable rounds for both pistol and carbine?

How about my .45 ACP Beretta Cx4 Carbine and Beretta 8045D Cougar! Also, both use the same magazines! No confusion on which reload to grab.

Same holds true with the Beretta Cx4 and their Px4 if you like 9 mm or .40 S&W.

For .45 ACP fans, Beretta is now making the 8045 with a light bar at their Stoeger facility in Turkey, for around $500. Same gun, same machinery, just a cheaper workforce and a new name. BTW, the carbine comes with hard points for the included picatinny rails. Just use what you want where you want it.

Anyone know of a better combination?

They AP ammo isn't illegal in OR, unless somebody can show me otherwise. It's just hard to obtain.

The Lee-Enfield uses a stripper clip, or the rounds are individually loaded into an internal magazine. Another type of magazine would be the en-bloc, which is what most people would associate with a "clip." This, of course, also loads into a sort of internal magazine.

Superjew is in St. Louis. I've seen it here, so I'm guessing it's legal. I'll take his word regarding laws there because I don't know them and don't have a reason to look them up.

Superjew is in St. Louis. I've seen it here, so I'm guessing it's legal. I'll take his word regarding laws there because I don't know them and don't have a reason to look them up.

The SS190 FMJ, a refinement of the SS90, was introduced in 1993. It offered superior performance over the prototype projectile as well as slightly reduced length. The latter change allowed it to be used more conveniently in the Five-seven pistol also being developed at that time. Fired from the P90, the SS190 propels a 2.0 g (31 grain) bullet at a muzzle velocity of roughly 715 m/s (2350 ft/s). It has a steel penetrator and an aluminum core. The SS190 has been manufactured with a plain, black, or black-on-white tip color. It is classified as armor piercing (AP) ammunition by the ATF and its sale is currently restricted by FN to law enforcement and military customers.

In testing done by Houston Police Department SWAT, the SS190 fired from the P90 exhibited 27.94 to 34.29 cm (11 to 13.5 in) of penetration in bare ballistic gelatin. In testing in 1999 by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), the SS190 fired from the P90 at a distance of 25 m (82 ft) exhibited an average penetration depth of 25 cm (9.85 in) in ballistic gelatin after passing through a Level II kevlar vest.

5.7x28mm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FN was one of the only manufacturers for the 5.7x28 all the way up to 2005. Because of this test, only "sporter" rounds will ever be imported (soft points, hollow points and ballistic tips). Obviously it was the steel penetrator that did the trick...but it was after this test that made their importation illegal.

You will never find SS190 ammo on any gun shop shelf.

As far as I know, all the good 5.7 ammo is either illegal to import or insanely expensive.

For me, 7.62x25mm is better in every way.

Not true, the only stuff that is illegal is the SS190 ammo (see above).

Bulk ballistic tips can be found here at $189 for 500rnds. At $0.38 a bullet, that's comparible to .223 Lake City FMJ ammo.

7.62x25 has some better qualities. But saying that one is better than the other is a matter of opinion.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top