JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I refer to this wonderfully photo-shopped ad for my opinion.

funny FN advertisement.jpg

I wanted one, read about its questionable terminal ballistics performance, reconsidered the cost of shooting it, then got a full sized S&W M&P9 w/APEX DCAEK installed for $560. I still want one but can't justify the cost for a plinker.

AFTER seeing 55grn fmj 5.56 bounce off an auto windshield I have no desire for a 5.7!
For the Zombie Apoccyclypse I'll stick with a suppressed 10-22 and loads of readily available ammo

Its an overpriced gimmick in my opinion.

Its also inaccurate to state that it is the ballistic equivalent of a .45. It may have comparable muzzle energy on paper but the similarities end there.

On paper, the .223 has better muzzle energy than a .44 Magnum. But if you were confronted on a trail by an angry, charging bear which would you rather have...a .22 caliber, 60 gr bullet moving at 3500fps, or a .44 caliber 250 gr solid wadcutter moving at 1400 fps? I know what my choice would be.

The FiveseveN is a novelty, a fun toy, and it serves a narrow if useful purpose for those who have a legitimate need for a handgun round that can penetrate body armor. For the money, I personally would be far better served by any quality handgun in a proven, conventional caliber such as .38, .357, 9mm, .40 or .45.

>Complains about caliber's penetration
>Decides 22lr is superior
>rifle vs pistol
>5,7 known for its penetration

What is going on in this post?

A) the round does not penetrate
B) if a rifle does not penetrate a weaker pistol round won't either
C) Zombies do not drive cars but are attracted to noise and can only be "killed" with shots to the head hence a suppresed 10-22, w/ large cap mag is the perfect anti Zombie device. See it all makes sense if you THINK.

"On that note back to my IPA and loading my Magpul PMAG "clips""
-I wish I had an IPA. Didn't get to run by my favorite beer store, so I have to settle on Bacardi.

On topic: I think it is an interesting caliber, with potential. I don't think it does well in a carbine (AR57 for example), as I talked to some guys who had them, and it just drops off too fast for real "work." As a handgun, I think it has some uses as a survival arm, but then you have to deal with finding ammo to feed it, or affording/bartering for it when you do. I think it is tiny, but the velocity and energy transfer might make up for that. I thought the 5.56 was wimpy... and it took me a long time to warm up to. So, there may be some true potential there.... but there may also be a lot of hype. Time will tell I suppose. I think the pistol is butt-ugly though. If I could afford it, I'd probably get one for grins, just to see what all the buzz is about.

No, the .45acp is NOT overkill.

Where are you getting this information at? The FMJ rounds are ILLEGAL because they go through Level IIA body armor.

Granted the rounds have no weight behind them and thus loose a lot of power once it hits a target. But it's FPS make up for a lot of that loss of weight.

The jhp rounds will penetrate armor as well. Its just velocity.
YouTube - 5.7x28 ProtecTOR level II Vest 15% gel test

I think it is a cool pistol but way over priced in my opinion but what isn't these days.... I also wish people would stop calling mags CLIPS. I really dig the capacity and as far as the looks go......... mmmm not a big fan.

I think it is a cool pistol but way over priced in my opinion but what isn't these days.... I also wish people would stop calling mags CLIPS. I really dig the capacity and as far as the looks go......... mmmm not a big fan.

Yea unfortunately Im still a little new to firearms and make that mistake from time to time, ive only owned my own firearm for about 2 years and probably only put 1500 rounds through it because I dont go shooting often enough (cant find any gun buddys who can afford to shoot or go shooting with me). Funny thing about that posted thread is Ive used a clip before when firing my dads enfeild to quickly load 5 rounds in the magazine, but I sometimes confuse it with a magazine.

I guess firearms enthusiasts like to make fun of the newbies that call magazines "clips" on here.

Anyways back On topic, I like the low recoil of the FiveseveN whislt being a lot more powerful than a .22, but at $.50 a shot, I dont like the idea of going through $10-$15 per magazine at the firing range. I just like the idea of being able to load an AP round even if they are illegal and the really high magazine capacity.

I wouldn't have one as my only weapon due to the cost to shoot them, but, it makes a fine diversion and keeps the other guns in the safe company.

I must have missed the training video for the zombie attack. All this time I was practicing my center of mass double taps.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top