JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I feel this handgun has an edge over all the other firearms based on the fact that the round was developed in the early 1990's, as opposed to most of our rounds being invented in the late 1800's, early 1900's.

The main pluses, is really high magazine capacity, you can get a 30 round clip without the clip sticking out 6 inches below, its just a slight extension for those 10 extra rounds, %60 less recoil than a 9mm, it suposedly has the hitting power of a .45 and does the same amount of tissue damage as a hollow point .40 cal. It can be loaded with armor peircing rounds, but those rounds are hard to comeby due to damn bureaucrats so there is still no protecting yourself against heavily armed Mexican Drug Cartels (Who also prefer the FiveseveN and P90).

Its main drawbacks, is I see most of them go for around $1000 give or take $100, and unless you buy in bulk, at my local gun shop its about $.50 a round.

I love watching this video of this guy unloading 2 clips, wish I could of seen how well his shots clustered.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNMS9-i7eHc

Im a member of FiveseveNforum.com

I looked into the FiveSeven a while back and liked the good qualities but its main drawback is lack of energy. At pistol velocities it isn't close to the .45ACP. It may be comparable to a weak 9mm or .38 but its advantages is high firepower and quick recovery. I decided against it due to cost and ammo cost. Its a good gun but I think there are better choices out there unless cost is not a factor to you. If it wasn't a factor for me, then I'd get one as a plinker and home defense gun. The wife would shoot it better and it can mount a light so it would be good for HD and lack of penetration would be a good thing for my neighbors in my cul de sac. I too am a member of the FiveSeven forum but I hardly go there anymore.

Yea, but dont you think the .45 is overkill? I mean that bullet is HUGE! I think the Hollow point .40 cal is ideal for a mix between magazine capacity and stopping power, but the FiveseveN's advantage comes true in its really low recoil. You can keep a tight cluster group with a FiveseveN and therefore is a better long distance as well as shortdistance sidearm if your outdoors and need to carry.

I fired a .45 ACP 1911A1 though and I gotta admit, maybe it was the handgun was heavier, the recoil wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. It was comparable to the 9mm, and I thought it was going to break my girly wrists. I fired a .44 magnum, and thats the only gun I lower the barrel in anticipation of the recoil because Im scared to shoot it.

I have had one for a while. It is a great gun. The bullet is effective in the tests i have ran. You can shoot it at 100 yards accurately. I regularly shoot the same targets that i shoot with an M4 with. The group isnt as nice, but it is easy to keep all the rounds on target. There is very little recoil and the follow up shots are fast and accurate also.

The cost sucks, and i think you get more from an XDM in 9mm for the price. But i dont regret buying mine at all. it is a great gun.

I was at the JSAC on the LE range tried to practice quick draws and fires before the action pistol shooting. The Forest and Service department came in to do the shooting so I stand there and watch. They all switching to this handguns. I am wonder how much did their department paid for it..... Most gun shop selling them for $950. Wish I have on with a lotsssss losss of ammo.

Expensive plinker, unless you like the exotic round and the fact that secret serivce carries the 5.7, then grab one, but after investing in two 5.7 pistols and one AR57, I'll admit its a fun caliber but after burning through so much cash for over 4000 rounds, that I used just to blast papers, no thanks i'll ust stick to 45acp and 5.56 which are way easier to come by then those lil boxes of 5.7 but to each their own, i'm sure you can use the search function at the top and you'll see other peoples previous posts about this caliber and firearm.

Seriously. Is the original poster being serious or just pulling our leg. Sounds straight out of an airsofter forum.

I agree with you NoAim. But sense the 5.7 "has an edge over all the other firearms based on the fact that the round was developed in the early 1990's" i will look forward to reading his formal letter the the DOD explaining that the m2 and other firearms should be replaced with the 5.7 sense its the new superuberdoallironmyclothesandmakemeasammich gun.

I enjoy the 5.7 and will continue to shoot it but dude lay off the cool aid.

On that note back to my IPA and loading my Magpul PMAG "clips":D

My Ex-marine buddy swears by his and claims he didn't spend that much on it. Coming from the guy who spent $1500 on his SCAR and 870 package (no joke) I believe him. And yes I saw that invoice but he wouldn't reveal just how he pulled that off

Come to think about this I just reallize a lot of PD selling their old guns like Glock 22s, H&K 40s. They could be moving to 5.7.... Does anyone here belong to the PD can answer this question?

I looked at some of the custom ammo from Elite and their hot loads approach .45 levels of power and penetration but I wonder how much it would increase wear on a lightly built delayed blowback operated pistol. I also rethought my home defense scenario, the FiveSeven is LOUD. Firing it without ear plugs in an enclosed room would probably be very disorienting to a less experienced or less deaf shooter than myself... :(

I still like the FiveSeven, just don't see it in my plans for now. If anyone has one and would let me shoot it, maybe we can arrange a day at my range and you can shoot some of my collection. Ever fired a bullpup shotgun? :)

Yea, but dont you think the .45 is overkill? I mean that bullet is HUGE! I think the Hollow point .40 cal is ideal for a mix between magazine capacity and stopping power, but the FiveseveN's advantage comes true in its really low recoil. You can keep a tight cluster group with a FiveseveN and therefore is a better long distance as well as shortdistance sidearm if your outdoors and need to carry.

I fired a .45 ACP 1911A1 though and I gotta admit, maybe it was the handgun was heavier, the recoil wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. It was comparable to the 9mm, and I thought it was going to break my girly wrists. I fired a .44 magnum, and thats the only gun I lower the barrel in anticipation of the recoil because Im scared to shoot it.
Overkill??? Are you serious? What the heck are you using the weapon for? Overkill would be a tow rocket for a rabbit hunt, not a 45acp for a badguy intervention. The fiveSeven is just a hand held poodleshooter without a shoulder stock. Greydog.

I recently got some trident ammunition for my 5.7. Elite Ammunition makes some excellent ammo since the factory stuff isn't so hot anymore. I absolutely love the gun but I'm glad I bought it when they were only $800 new.

I've wanted one for the low recoil and the flat trajectory, just have to resist spending my hobby money long enough to buy one. (hah) Wife and kids could handle it much more easily than my .45 or .40

30 round magazine would make it a great light survival gun too.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top