JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello, I am looking for a new carry gun and a friend has a SCCY 9mm..I have never heard of them but the gun looks and feels good and shoots well and the price is very good....what do you guys know ? its available with or without a safety...opinions? Thanks ahead of time....Mike

Hello, I am looking for a new carry gun and a friend has a SCCY 9mm..I have never heard of them but the gun looks and feels good and shoots well and the price is very good....what do you guys know ? its available with or without a safety...opinions? Thanks ahead of time....Mike

I have not yet shot one but have seen nothing but great reviews on them for the cost. I have long said if someone can't afford something "nice" one of these would beat hell out of nothing. You would of course have to have realistic expectations. We are talking about a pistol that sells for less than $200. So as long as someone is not expecting it to match up to one that cost 2 or 3 times that they should be fine. Company seems to stand by what they make and sell. Look at some of the reviews of them on line and see what you think.

900 rounds and counting on mine.

1 failure to eject during a no clean torture test around 350 rounds in.

Otherwise if it is cleaned after shooting it has never failed to work. (They are stupid easy to clean)

CPX-1 is a version with a safety.

CPX-2 is without a safety.

CPX-3 I'm not sure about, maybe a .380 version but I don't remember.

This is a carrry gun for 15yards max comfortably, although it could go out further if you had too.

7 yards and closer it will hit a pie plate with plenty of room to spare.

Florida company with a no questions asked replacement warranty - regardless of who bought it originally.

It is double action and a little stiff on the trigger so no safety is good for me in a cheap mikes holster in my cargo shorts.

I have XXL hands and can comfortably shoot it but medium or large hands would work just as well.

Stainless slide and barrel;)

Can not beat it for the price and it is not a junk gun like some others in that price range. IMO

Lastly, it is in my quick access safe with my 1911 and the CPX goes to my wife while she loads a shotgun - I wouldn't give it too her unless I was 100% sure it would protect her.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

I've owned 2, great guns. Always regret selling them (to buy something I wanted more :p). I do plan to add one back in the collection some day. I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to recommend them.

It's my EDC. I broke a trigger spring on it once (my fault, not the theirs) and they sent me a hat, t-shirt, can cozy and two new complete trigger spring assemblies. Then when I broke the connector bar, they sent me an entire new trigger group with a new trigger. They also sent me a low profile slide catch when I asked for one. They are top notch company. I pocket carry it with a Sticky Holster.

Bi-Mart has the CPX-2 on sale right now for $199.

As for the CPX-3; I hate to say this, but it's vapor ware. They announced it at the NRA show back in 2014. They had a nice display of them at the NRA show this year. Only one working protatype. No one has actually seen a real production model yet to hit any stores. Nothing is on the online stores. It's a .380 that is supposed to have a 1/2" sorter length and height, but the width is the same as the CPX-2. Its supposed to have a semi-locked barrel that holds until bullet completely exits the gun before unlocking the slide and cycling. They said they should hit the shelves in July...

Its just like the Kel-tec p-32. A ghost ware gun. I've never seen one, and nobody has them online or in stores... do they really exist?

Rodney

[QUOTE="TheGameMaster, post: 1788952,

Its just like the Kel-tec p-32. A ghost ware gun. I've never seen one, and nobody has them online or in stores... do they really exist?

Rodney[/QUOTE]
P-32 kind of fell out of favor when the P3 came out. Still see some for sale now and then but not new. Everyone seems to want the .380 now days. KT still catalogs it but I have to guess not many are still sent out.

The wife was looking at the CPX1 last week and it is on my Christmas List for her. She wants the purple handle ( why not she's born in Feb and it will match her birth stone).
BTW She;s an Army Medic Vet 17 years and knows how to shoot!!

It's a great priced pistol.

Story goes the guy that founded Sccy worked with KelTec. Didn't like something and started his own thing. Thus why the CPX series has so much in common with the KelTec P11.

This pistol has the smoothest double action trigger I've ever felt. If only my SP101 could have its trigger.

My one complaint is the sights suck. They are plastic and not really replaceable by anything on the market. Sccy simply paints the dot onto the front and it fell off on me twice.

Once I sent it in and they replaced it for me no questions asked.

The second time I got creative and started looking in my spair parts bin. Glock factory 9mm sights are the same height. So a little dremel action to the slide and I have replaced the front with a Glock fiber optic. Now it's a decent shooter.

I've carried it OWB in a Winthrop leather pancake holster and it is quite comfy.

Really? I haven't heard that before. Which S&W mags can they use? M&P9, Sigma, 4006, M&P2.0? I'm fairly ignorant of S&W semi-autos, just seen them in the shops and in NRA write ups. Other than my SCCY, I shoot mostly Glocks, 1911s, and my M9. It would be nice to carry something a bit larger than 10 rounds in the mag.

Rodney

Really? I haven't heard that before. Which S&W mags can they use? M&P9, Sigma, 4006, M&P2.0? I'm fairly ignorant of S&W semi-autos, just seen them in the shops and in NRA write ups. Other than my SCCY, I shoot mostly Glocks, 1911s, and my M9. It would be nice to carry something a bit larger than 10 rounds in the mag.

Rodney

Don't know about the Sccy's but the Kel-Tec P-11 is "supposed to" work with the 59/69 Series mags for S&W. Now here is where I tell others use caution. Not all the S&W 59/69 series mags actually work in all the P-11's. I found this out the hard way during the great Clinton mag ban. Bought some 59's when they were fairly pricey. A couple of after market would not even fit in. A couple OEM's would lock in and would not feed a single round. I soon found all kinds of advice on how to make them work. Rather than mess with the expensive mags I just gave them to a retired LEO who had a 59. They all worked fine in his 59. So the mags are not nearly as pricey now but before anyone with a P-11 buys several I would try one first.

Hey Guys ...I went and bought a SCCY CX2 from Bi mart out the door for under $200.00 bucks... the young lady said that she carries a pink CX2 and likes it a lot [ what is it about a women being knowledgeable about guns that is so sexy ??? ] I am headed to the range this weekend....next question...I had a CCP 20 years ago and let it lapse are the online classes any good? any body recommend a course in the Eugene area?...thanks again... I really appreciate the input from you guys....Thanks....Mike

Hey Guys ...I went and bought a SCCY CX2 from Bi mart out the door for under $200.00 bucks... the young lady said that she carries a pink CX2 and likes it a lot [ what is it about a women being knowledgeable about guns that is so sexy ??? ] I am headed to the range this weekend....next question...I had a CCP 20 years ago and let it lapse are the online classes any good? any body recommend a course in the Eugene area?...thanks again... I really appreciate the input from you guys....Thanks....Mike
;):cool::s0022::s0023::s0132::s0132:

When Skyy first came out with their copy of the Kel-Tec P-11 I used
to sell a few--my clients all complained of the screws loosening up and I
wound up putting a couple back together with locktite--hopefully the factory
can now afford their own bottle

The 59 series work in mine. last one I bought is from MecGar. From the Dillon catalog.
S&W 59 20-rd blue, O12-18739

The 20 round mag in the P11 is my night stand gun.

When I was having trouble I found the same thing. Many with a P-11 had zero trouble with 59 /69 mags. KT even made a new bottom piece to make the 69 mags look like they were made for this. Others had the same experience I did. Back then it was a little more important to try before buying as during the great ban the 59/69 mags were quite expensive. Even for the good after market ones. It was why I did not try to alter the 4 I had as some were suggesting. Did not want to start messing with them after what I paid for them. The guy I gave them too was all too happy to have them of course. Now days they are cheap enough but I still warn P-11 owners to try one before the buy several.
It was the same with that 12 round flush fit mag Kel-Tec sold that Mec-Gar made. I ordered one just as the ban went away. Worked great. Was going to order more. Then one day at the range it would not feed a single round. I took it apart and back together a few times and it started working again. It was a real strange follower and spring they used to do that. I never trusted it after that. Gave it away to another P-11 owner.