JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Finally quit driving my 1999 Camry with 325,000 miles on it, although it is still sitting in my garage.
Now have a 2015 Camry and a 2016 Ram 1500 Bighorn.
Drive the Camry for the long distance jaunts and the Ram for the local stuff (what a gas hog!).

No - almost all are rated at a max payload of 1400# with some at 1800#.

It doesn't matter to me - I am not looking to haul a lot of weight in it - I have a big truck for that, just thinking that the full floating axle is better for towing.
Well, that was my point. The 1-ton axles are full-floaters...but it seems your problem has already been addressed, as someone else mentioned in another post, kits still exist to put locking hubs on your rear axle.
Good luck with your project.

Dean

Got one of these for the weekends. '72 Chevelle, 383 stroker (appox 430hp), 700R4, Dutchman Ford rearend with 3.90 posi, Hotchkiss suspension (rear) Global West suspension (front) and much more ..... Chevelle 2016-1 031.JPG

06' Jeep Grand Cherokee. Right now its stock, and looks like this... IMG_2211.JPG
But soon it will look a lot like the pic below.Perfect size.. not too big. Sit up high, but not too tall... plenty of power from the 4.7 V8 to pull anything I need it to. Roof rack for carrying bug out supplies when SHTF...or luggage when traveling:p I have one of those hitch mount racks on it now for hauling stuff that won't fit inside. This model grand cherokee(the WK) was designed while they were owned by Mercedes Benz...and you can definitely tell by the body style and the interior comfort.. I love it. IMG_1584.PNG
Beat up 05' Honda Civic for when I want better than 15mpg and for the teenage kids to learn on and drive when they get licensed this fall... IMG_2213.JPG

Update on my Camaro. Went with a fuel injection setup for the 496. Drives like a dream if not a little loud :). Shooting for October for paint. For paint I'm thinking of going glam with this one. Bright extremely metallic red Urethane with the same color stripes (?) but with a gold pearl top coat. You'd only see it in sun light and then it would POP..

TA1BUB.jpg
3W5pS4.jpg

XU9U8T.jpg
SwQ5FV.jpg

Last Edited:
A few of you knew I drove a 2015 Forester. Well at 23k miles the stupid CVT trans started giving me fits. I hate CVT's BTW. Anyway, I went to the dealer to have it looked at and drove home in this. No more CVT for me!!

IMG_2743.JPG

A few of you knew I drove a 2015 Forester. Well at 23k miles the stupid CVT trans started giving me fits. I hate CVT's BTW. Anyway, I went to the dealer to have it looked at and drove home in this. No more CVT for me!!

View attachment 379894
nice car!

yeah, the subaru CVT has valvebody and converter issues.

the autogroup that i work for has a subaru franchise. back in the day subaru service was in the chevrolet shop where i worked. i was all trained up on subarus up until about 2013-2014 then they built a new dealership and split chevrolet and subaru up.

Exactly. I've always been a fan of manual transmissions. It cracks me up how many people today CAN'T drive a stick.

That's another reason I did not buy a Subbie even though their AWD is superior - many of them are hard to find in a stick and the CVT does not perform as well. In theory it is a good idea, in practice not so much.

I have almost always bought manuals, but my X1 has an 8 speed auto with paddle shifters (the 'M Sport' version) and I really like it. Most of the time it is pretty smart, and nice in traffic (which I have to deal with once I hit Beaverton and then into downtown PDX). A few times it doesn't guess right, but I would say it does a good job about 90% of the time and with 8 speeds it does well with staying in the 'zone' for the turbo. Once in a while I need to tell it what I want it to do and the paddle shifters are handy for that, although it isn't near as quick as a DSG trans, which is the best of both worlds.

Exactly...It cracks me up how many people today CAN'T drive a stick.
Part of that reason may be that manual tranny's are almost non-existant anymore, especially among domestics.
I don't know what could've been so wrong with a full-size 1/2-ton long bed with an inline six, 3-on-the-tree and a bench seat that, in the last 30 years, they've become extinct.

John-Kries-1964-Chevy-1.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top