JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well I don't know if it counts as what I "drive" if all I do is work on it But I have this 1987 Porsche 924s that my wife's uncle was nice enough to give me once it bubblegum the bed on him.hahaha replaced the head gasket and timing belt but now it has an exhaust leak im about to fix.... maybe one day I'll get to actually drive the thing. IMG_8742.JPG
This week I finally got myself a motorcycle after wrecking mine 2 years ago. Got a 01 dyna low rider with only 6,000 miles on it. Swapped out all the fluids and threw some new tires on it and it's basically perfect. IMG_0802.JPG

The latest addition to our "Family", joining our 2014 Porsche Panamera 4S, 2003 C5 Corvette Convertible, 1997 Nissan Quest Van, 1997 Harley Dyna and 1995 Harley Softail Springer.
2011 Porsche Cayenne S. Has the 4.8L V8, 400 HP, 8 Speed Trans w/Paddle Shifters, Variable Height Electronically Controlled Active Management Air Suspension System and 21" Wheels.
NO PRIUS' ALLOWED! :D

00S0S_dvCiejcHpuv_1200x900.jpg

Last Edited:
That looks like fun! But we need more info!

1970 Camaro RS ( Not really but still ) . 12 point roll cage, 700 HP 496 hydraulic roller big block chevy with race hydraulics, rectangular port GMPP aluminum heads ( L88 ) , 10.5:1 compression, rollerized TH400 transmission, Dana 60 Strange Rear end with 4.10:1 gears, 325X50/15 Nitto Drag Radial tires in back. Tubbed to allow for 20" tires under the body. 4 link rear suspension with wishbone locator. Just a street car I'll drive to the drags every now and then. Should be done and ready for paint by the end of the summer. I MAY have it painted and on the road this year. I work fast.

jbJNsj.jpg

9fyzTF.jpg

Wired,

Yep, sounds like a 131 Fiat a guy out in Bremerton stuffed a "454" into.
I was told he could do 10 second 1/4's all day long with that car.
Man that was.....1980? sumthin' like that.
If you took your car to the strip, what class would you have to enter it in?
Pro Street or Street Eliminator?

Dean

We used to have a street racer here in the valley called "Chester the Molester". Fogger three stage nitrous and a hilborn injected small block. Wedged that motor into a 1970 Mazda manta. He could touch 8's in the quarter. Hated to see that motor show up at the strip. He would sneak it into all sorts of rigs. Vega, Chevy truck, etc. Sneaky guy.
Met his fate street racing the manta 3am on a back road.

Wired,

Yep, sounds like a 131 Fiat a guy out in Bremerton stuffed a "454" into.
I was told he could do 10 second 1/4's all day long with that car.
Man that was.....1980? sumthin' like that.
If you took your car to the strip, what class would you have to enter it in?
Pro Street or Street Eliminator?

Dean

Man I hated racing that Bremerton track. Its on the crest of a hill and you can't see the entire track or the finish line until you are right on top of it. Not as bad as PIR though. Those Saturday Night drags with the sun right in your face should be freakin' outlawed.

I have no idea how you could stuff a BBC into a 131 Fiat. I'd be skeered of that thing.

If this goes to the track ( It will ) it will be more along the lines of casual bracket racing in Super Pro and I'll add power and or sandbag it to get as close to 10.10 / <135 MPH as possible. While it is technically a street car its really set up to be a 10.00+ bracket car with mufflers, turn signals and license plates and pump gas. I don't like running in the street classes because those guys are so slow . I know all the action happens at the end of the track but you get two guys running low 10's and it feels more like a heads up race. Hard to find anyone else with 10 second consistent street cars. Last car I built ran 10 flats as often as I felt like running it and I'd drive it home at the end of the day. Hard to find anyone else who builds stuff like that so I stick with "normal" bracket classes.

I hate seeing stuff like that. Drives me nuts. Its not hard to set a chassis up so you get about 4 inches of dead straight front end lift and a whole bunch of pushing the car forward.

Man I hated racing that Bremerton track. Its on the crest of a hill and you can't see the entire track or the finish line until you are right on top of it. Not as bad as PIR though. Those Saturday Night drags with the sun right in your face should be freakin' outlawed.

I have no idea how you could stuff a BBC into a 131 Fiat. I'd be skeered of that thing.

If this goes to the track ( It will ) it will be more along the lines of casual bracket racing in Super Pro and I'll add power and or sandbag it to get as close to 10.10 / <135 MPH as possible. While it is technically a street car its really set up to be a 10.00+ bracket car with mufflers, turn signals and license plates and pump gas. I don't like running in the street classes because those guys are so slow . I know all the action happens at the end of the track but you get two guys running low 10's and it feels more like a heads up race. Hard to find anyone else with 10 second consistent street cars. Last car I built ran 10 flats as often as I felt like running it and I'd drive it home at the end of the day. Hard to find anyone else who builds stuff like that so I stick with "normal" bracket classes.
Oh sure, take the safe answer ( just kidding ;) )
Sounds like what you're doing is what the guy at The 405 (and elsewhere) are doing, but I think your answer also answers the question, why those 405 guys never come up here, or we go down there.
Yeah, making a bracket car "street legal" isn't that hard, but getting it licensed for the street might be tougher than if you had, say, a diesel Rabbit.
I've heard some bad stories about guys spending quite a bit of money on a "street car" then not being able to have it licensed because the issuing authority was too picky (to put it nicely).

Dean

Aside from this, there's a '15 Ford Expedition, a '93 Toyota 4WD pickup (raised), and a 3/4 ton 4WD '00 Suburban 6.0L. The Suburban is my towing vehicle. The pickup is my hunting vehicle.

Interesting cars I've owned would be a '55 Austin-Healy, a '65 Mustang Fastback, a '75 Corvette, and a '95 Z-28 LT1 Camaro. Somehow I missed owning something exotic from '85. photo 2 copy 2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top