JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a 1999 Jeep Cherokee lifted and in the process of getting lifted more and my dirtbike of course.

IMG_1803.JPG IMG_1470.JPG IMG_1469.JPG

Ok, I'll play!

Previous car, still my favorite but had to sell due to 3rd kid:)
'03 Mitsu Evo VIII 35R turbo, full interior, stock internals, stock tranny, stock axles 10.61@131mph in the 1/4 and 2.95sec 0-60.

car%20034_zpsnhjxhlyv.jpg

new%20128_zps0karfctu.jpg

Current fun car.
'09 Pontiac G8 GT. Basic bolt on's so far but have an LSA sitting in the shop and planning on DOD delete, cam swap and LSA install this year. Hoping for 600+whp

082.jpg

066.jpg

Current family car.
'15 Dodge Durango R/T. Stock, wife won't let me play with it:(

20160614_143023_zpswmwrrh4h.jpg

My 2000 Suburban has only 180k so far, just getting broken in. You've seen 'em; the ubiquitous Pewter "gold" color Suburban. Completely unnoticeable. But what a rig. Can haul firewood stacked to the top. I've hauled 14 sheets of drywall, put the rear seat back in and had 6 kids in the back two hours later. Leather heated seats and A/C...it's like a Cadillac to me.

Looked at new Suburbans and was quite disappointed that the rear seat wasn't removable! What a downgrade from my 2000! Really decreases the utility of the vehicle. Less towing capacity too. Other than the "fancy and new" issue, I can't see a reason to trade.

In 2000 Chevy hit a homerun with the 5.3 liter V-8. 17 years later, still in production with only 20 more horses. Yes, 6 speed instead of 4 speed transmission, but that's it in 17 years? I'll keep what I have, thank you very much.
they even have 8speeds now. which by the way are a big pain in the butt. the 6speeds are awesome and IMO should have been where GM stopped adding gears.

My 2000 Suburban has only 180k so far, just getting broken in. You've seen 'em; the ubiquitous Pewter "gold" color Suburban. Completely unnoticeable. But what a rig. Can haul firewood stacked to the top. I've hauled 14 sheets of drywall, put the rear seat back in and had 6 kids in the back two hours later. Leather heated seats and A/C...it's like a Cadillac to me.

Looked at new Suburbans and was quite disappointed that the rear seat wasn't removable! What a downgrade from my 2000! Really decreases the utility of the vehicle. Less towing capacity too. Other than the "fancy and new" issue, I can't see a reason to trade.

In 2000 Chevy hit a homerun with the 5.3 liter V-8. 17 years later, still in production with only 20 more horses. Yes, 6 speed instead of 4 speed transmission, but that's it in 17 years? I'll keep what I have, thank you very much.

I feel the same way about my 2001 Dodge Cummins 5-Speed. She isn't as powerful as the new ones but she'll tow my 10,000lb trailer like the wind.

Howard1955: I love your old Binder Pickup! Would a 353TI MUI Silver Series Detroit Diesel with a Jake Brake fit? Finding a suitable tough small 6 sp manual tranny would be fun.

I drive right now a 2001 $4500 buck, (maybe) Suzuki Vitara white baby 4x4 Suv. Kinda the later older sister of the earlier famous, (infamous) Suzuki Suicide Samurai rollover.

Last Edited:
Howard1955: I love your old Binder Pickup! Would a 353TI MUI Silver Series Detroit Diesel with a Jake Brake fit? Finding a suitable tough small 6 sp manual tranny would be fun.

I drive right now a 2001 $4500 buck, (maybe) Suzuki Vitara white baby 4x4 Suv. Kinda the later older brother or sister of the earlier famous, (infamous) Suzuki Suicide Samurai rollover.

HB,

Not sure about what could fit in it. The man who put it together lives just outside Monmouth, but I won't get to visit with him until mid-March. I think he's snowbirding in Arizona. Hoping to pick his brain when he gets back, and find out where all the gear on my Frankentruck came from.

I bought it from a man in Aumsville who was using it to go to car shows. Had little stickers in the wing windows that said "Please do not touch." Felt a tiny bit guilty, turning it into a daily driver, but I got over that.

Now it gets used like any other truck. Here's a picture of one of the more interesting things I've carried in it:

IMG_0141.JPG

Lord willing, I'd like to get another Willy's pickup someday. I've had several of them over the years, and they're one of my favorites.

Strange?

I always thought this was your preferred form of transportation. ;)

View attachment 333495

My grandfather was a Polish army officer when the Germans invaded in 1939. He saw Stukas up close. To this day no one on that side of my family will drive a German car. Which is "funny"
because we're from an ethnic group in Poland (Kashubs or Cassubians) that the Nazis considered to be ethnically German
and even other Poles considered to be "not really Polish". The upside of that is that grandpa sat out the war in a German POW camp (because he refused to fight for the Nazis) rather than getting a bullet in the head. Well made cars and planes...
still won't own one. Nein!

Well it is over 10 years old. Not like the 1957 Chevy PU I sold not to long ago. The Jeep has the last year of the inline 6. She's a keeper. And thanks.
My new truck was made in '98, so "new" is relative. :D;)
I didn't know Chrysler dropped the 4.0L.
Too bad, that was a good engine. Would have liked to have seen a 2.7L four spring from that one.

Dean

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads