JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lol, I'm sure a lot of people in Washington Co. know my rig('cause I'm the only one with one)

2007 Expedition SSV
It's a decommissioned cop suv from Mojave Co. Black and white with the spotlight still. it's older, but uses the same body style as the new ones.

Thing came equipped with high gearing, HD suspension, big alternator, and a 50 foot force-field. It has magical powers of making people drive safe/lawfully around it.

Next mods are ram bumper and yellow ham radio plates.

Cops always give me a wave in it so I don't feel Ike I'm impersonating. I think they like me expanding their presence.

"The Sound" is a ways from Wenatchee....you must REALLY love boating! ;)

(why not just kick it in that little puddle we call Lake Chelan?)

I had my little bitty North River out in Lake Chelan plenty o times. Even once when I shoulda known better when the wind kicked up in the narrows west of 25 mile creek with 8 ft waves, talk about fun....

The Plan is to get a boat large enough so it will be safe out in the sound or in lake Chelan. My son and I are doing the planning right now on what to buy and when he gets back, he is in Michigan going to school, we will probably go in together so we can afford something bigger.

Son owns a home in Seattle that he is renting out right now. So when he gets back and we get the larger boat we will probably keep it on the west side and fish the sound mostly, but not exclusively.

With my boat now, low sides, open bow, we always need to be careful where we go and how big the water might get. I need something in the mid 20 ft range with higher sides, deeper v hull and a closed bow.

Ah, you and I have similar experiences.
For me, it was a trip to Guemes Island in 1987.
Me, two friends who totaled out around 550 pounds and one other guy who knew what the heck he was doing (son of the then owners of the resort).
15' Smokercraft (think "big rowboat").
Not sure how big the waves got, but I sat in front, looking back, and I could see him driving out of the bottom of the wave before we crested it.
Lucky to be alive, that's for dam sure.
On the point of your next boat, if you ever run across a boat built in Gig Harbour called a "Tiderunner", snag it!
I worked for them the last year or so they were in business.
We had 15, 16 and 18 foot runabouts and center consoles.
There was also an "open bow" and cuddy version of the 18.
I was a rigger there. I got a deck and a hull and when I was done, it was a boat.
Double thick hulls and a special deep-V design, I saw one cut through some waves out here not long ago and the boat never veered. It was like they were never there.
They were designed to do that.
Good boat. Like I say, snag one if you find one.

Dean

Still have my 21 foot Eagle SVX with Big Block Chevy and American Turbine Pump! Not the best for ocean running when the waves get up over 6 feet, but less then that, she squirts better then many!

IMG_1116.JPG

I drive this when I'm dreaming:cool:

You could use a LUV or an S-10 and have a Mini Farm Truck...

farmtruck-and-the-mini-farmtruck-153537.jpe

wheelie-wednesday-texas-mini-farm-truck-125754.jpe

(update: been trying to find a pic of an S-10 "Farm Truck" and can't...hmmm, someone might have to do something about that...)
...:s0108:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top