JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1984 Mercury Capri RS- 5.0, 5 speed, T-tops. Who even knows what this is? 193K and still going. Needs one of those new 5.0 DOHC motors from the '11 Mustangs though.

2001 Honda Superhawk- Fun, torquey, and sounds awesome! And bunch of Honda 3-wheelers for off-road action.
Honda and FoMoCo all the way!

Cool. I used to have a capri with a 351w swap. Basically a 5.0 Mustang. I loved the t-tops too!

I drive a rescue jeep , it is also my daily driver
2009141.jpg
Jeff, Right? I met you at a 4x4 meet at Izzy's in Hazel Dell a couple years ago... Still see your XJ cruising around all the time.

My rigs.
88 Bronco II, 4.0 swap, 5 speed, 31 spline 8.8 with Aussie Locker, D35 with Aussie locker, 4.56 gears, 34x10.50 Super Swamper LTBs, custom bumpers/sliders.
DSCF0291.jpg

My Daily driver.
95 Dakota, 5.2 V8, 5 speed, 4x4, Mopar M1 Intake manifold, Mopar PCM, Harland Sharp 1.7 roller rockers, Aero Turbine 3" side exit exhaust, Powertrax No-Slip locker.
DSCF0099.jpg

Ha Kamshaft I have you beat. I have a 1989 Merkur xr4ti and the wife has an 87, a jeep grand wagoneer, a jeep comanche, a cavalier, a 1967 cougar and 2 motorcycles. Oh and a thunderbird and an eclipse gsx

Jeff, Right? I met you at a 4x4 meet at Izzy's in Hazel Dell a couple years ago... Still see your XJ cruising around all the time.

My rigs.
88 Bronco II, 4.0 swap, 5 speed, 31 spline 8.8 with Aussie Locker, D35 with Aussie locker, 4.56 gears, 34x10.50 Super Swamper LTBs, custom bumpers/sliders.
DSCF0291.jpg

My Daily driver.
95 Dakota, 5.2 V8, 5 speed, 4x4, Mopar M1 Intake manifold, Mopar PCM, Harland Sharp 1.7 roller rockers, Aero Turbine 3" side exit exhaust, Powertrax No-Slip locker.
DSCF0099.jpg

how hard was it to do the 4.0 swap, and what did you have to upgrade?

how hard was it to do the 4.0 swap, and what did you have to upgrade?
Not too bad, took me a full week (I work full time). A 2.9 tranny will bolt up but wont hold the power (unless it's an M5OD, which wasn't used behind 2.9s in B2s). So you'll need the appropriate M5OD if you want a 5 speed (the 2.9 version has lower 1st-3rd gears than the 4.0 version but equal strength) or a 4.0 A4LD if you want an auto (junk in my opinion). Depending on tire size and how you abuse it, you may need to do an 8.8 swap/D35 swap) I already did the D35 swap before the 4.0 swap but I blew up the 7.5 after a few months, I was running a locker, 4.10 gears and 33s.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top