JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Which makes me wonder. How many pistols have wound up in the terlit by accident? Before I retired, one of the supervisors dropped their station keys in the terlit. Next time they asked someone, "Have you seen my keys?" the answer was, "Have you looked in the toilet?"

Which makes me wonder. How many pistols have wound up in the terlit by accident? Before I retired, one of the supervisors dropped their station keys in the terlit. Next time they asked someone, "Have you seen my keys?" the answer was, "Have you looked in the toilet?"
I never even thought about that hahaha

Holster is OWB through beltloops, not practical at all to remove the holster

Speaking strictly to my issue which is 4'oclock OWB secured beltloops.

Urinal use is a non issue, it is mainly the duece which is/was the issue. Which I would never leave outside my personal area of immediate reach
IWB, anywhere but SOB, hold the holster while you drop trow. Move the knee on the holster side outward slightly. Gently release the holster. If the gun will not stay put, refasten your belt at the widest setting. If the gun will still not stay put, you're probably using a regular belt instead of one made for use with a holster. Fix that.

And this is why a truly well prepared mall ninja always caries a large bag of rice. :s0140:

It's been years since I took a dump in a public crapper. Last time was in the office in LA and that's not a place I carried. Because California. Last time I worked in an office I could carry in (legally, but not approved by management) I used a pocket holster.

I'll never take it off except to lock it in a lockbox. Just my personal rule.

I have dropped a knife in a crapper before but never a gun. I put it in my shirt pocket earlier when my hands were full and it was the easiest thing to do, then forgot to secure it later. Bent over to flush and bloop! Thar she blows. Fortunately it was a #1 and it was at the house.

Stories, more stories.

It's been years since I took a dump in a public crapper. Last time was in the office in LA and that's not a place I carried. Because California.
1. My dad worked in service management, he would never drop a deuce at work, so-called restrooms were less than sano. So he'd take a test drive that just happened to go by his home, where he would take care of his personal needs, then drive on back to the shop.

2. Years ago, a very good friend of mine was the finance manager in a southern California city. He was able to fudge the budget and do special things for the police department. One time after such a favor, the police chief came by to thank him. As he was leaving, the chief said, "Anything you need from me, just ask." So my pal said, "Well, there is something you can do for me. You can issue me a concealed weapons permit." The chief answered, "That is the one thing that I can't do for you."

My dad worked in service management, he would never drop a deuce at work, so-called restrooms were less than sano. So he'd take a test drive that just happened to go by his home, where he would take care of his personal needs, then drive on back to the shop.
I could have done that, but the restrooms where I worked were quite well kept. Tech industry work in Culver City, not public access, and so on. Still never carried there. LA county is functionally no-issue unless one is a big contributor and/or has a demonstrable need, like transporting diamonds or is a celebrity or something. Typical leftist stronghold, lip service to 'equity' but no practice of equality.

"1. My dad worked in service management, he would never drop a deuce at work, so-called restrooms were less than sano. So he'd take a test drive that just happened to go by his home, where he would take care of his personal needs, then drive on back to the shop."

This works until you get caught short with the hot chili squirts.

I'll just bubblegum in my pants and worry about it later
Sometimes if you're old and have had your gallbladder removed, this is your only recourse. I've come very, very close but to date it hasn't happened. If I'm gonna leave my place, I have a map in my head of locations of all the "comfort stations" that I might be near in a given area. Since the Covid thing, public rest rooms have become more scarce.

Drives me nuts to go into a public rest room (like Fred Meyer, for example) and the big stall is being hogged. It will be occupied when I go in, and by the time I'm done and washing up, the culprit is still in there. Sometimes you hear little beeps and chirps from electronics coming from the homesteaded stall. I've noticed this more and more since the homeless situation has blossomed. I've been known to make rude (but anonymous due to the stall panels) comments to such monopolizers. They never answer back. I figure if they had a true medical emergency or something like that going on, they would answer. In some locations, Fred Meyer has the blue lights in the men's room to discourage intravenous drug users.

Maybe I shouldn't say anything to stall-hoggers, they may come running out with gun drawn.

This is the advantage of passing gas that would violate the Geneva Convention... people don't stick around to be nosy when you turn the air into a Technicolor flatulent haze.

"Nothing... can LIVE beneath my toxic cloud!"--Dr. Thrax

So at Gunsite, there are two dowel rods in each restroom, one in .45 the other in 9mm. (Sorry 40 cal guys and gals!) The walls are concrete so you won't shoot anyone outside if you do something unwise. If I'm ever blessed enough to have a mancave with facilities I will be installing these.

So at Gunsite, there are two dowel rods in each restroom, one in .45 the other in 9mm. (Sorry 40 cal guys and gals!) The walls are concrete so you won't shoot anyone outside if you do something unwise. If I'm ever blessed enough to have a mancave with facilities I will be installing these.
That's awesome!!!

I'm a trucker so l use mostly public facilities during the week. Okay... ALL.

I try to find a solo restroom, one that doesn't have stalls. In that case it's like being at home, l set the heater on the sink.

If it's a stall then it goes on top of the big, giant TP holder. If the TP holder is round or otherwise unsuitable, then l do the underwear-hammock trick. If it's cold I hang my jacket on the convenient back-o-the-door hook and stick it in a side pocket.

Also, l avoid rest areas like the plague. It's not hard because l know the areas l operate in and who has the best crapper in the area (often a big box store or new/remodeled truckstop). That's some bubblegum Smokey and The Bandit never covered... a terrible documentary.

Pro Tip;
While not mandated in PNW yet, some states have mandated transgender restrooms. These are always solo, private rooms. As a bonus, they're way nicer, newer, and cleaner than even the women's room and always empty.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top