JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Much can depend on how you carry. For example, when you carry at appendix (as I do) the odds of the gun sliding off the belt when you undo your belt, are much greater than if you carry at, say, 4 o'clock.

I've never really been much of one for...how to say this...yanking the "Little General" out through the fly. But it works ok when using a urinal.

Otherwise...if it's a seated affair...I simply take my whole holster off and shove it into a pant leg. That way there is little risk of forgetting on the back of the toilet or something. And I don't think you should ever hang it on the door hook. People do reach over and steal stuff that way.
Speaking strictly to my issue which is 4'oclock OWB secured beltloops.

Urinal use is a non issue, it is mainly the duece which is/was the issue. Which I would never leave outside my personal area of immediate reach

Look under the next stall. If you see the belt of the dude next door, start worrying. If not, don't worry. Use the "really, dude, you peeking at my junk" routine. It works. Every time.

Not in favor of public restrooms to start with. If I know I might be out all day I'll bring a lightweight jacket and put the gun in a pocket. I've considered a shoulder holster for traveling. Some how I've made it 10 yrs outside of the Izzy's incident.

Glock belly band holster for G30. Stays around my waist when dropping my pants. I can move it around depending on what I'm doing. I know not exactly the best but works for me right now as I wear draw string shorts and white t-shirt around the house doing chores (live in a HOA development and I prefer no one knows. Nosy bubblegum neighbors) and during the summer. One issue I've had with this is the spare mag fell out once during baseball practice with the boy, so spare mag goes in the pocket.

I do miss the days of the tank you could set stuff on. :( An amazing number of guns ended up "forgotten" this way which was often humorous. I never had that problem.
Last time we stopped at Deadman Pass above Pendelton I walked to the restroom and found it strange there was a guy standing guard just inside of the door. When I "eyeballed" him he mentioned there was a gun in the stall and that he'd already called the State Police. Probably a trucker that had gone in to take a dump and took his gun off, sitting it on the TP holder. It looked like a nickel Lemon-squeezer in an old holster. My guess is a trucker took it off when doing his business and had forgotten it when he left.
I'm not a forgetful person, but the thought of my gun being left behind for someone else to find kinda freaks me out.

Last time we stopped at Deadman Pass above Pendelton I walked to the restroom and found it strange there was a guy standing guard just inside of the door. When I "eyeballed" him he mentioned there was a gun in the stall and that he'd already called the State Police. Probably a trucker that had gone in to take a dump and took his gun off, sitting it on the TP holder. It looked like a nickel Lemon-squeezer in an old holster. My guess is a trucker took it off when doing his business and had forgotten it when he left.
I'm not a forgetful person, but the thought of my gun being left behind for someone else to find kinda freaks me out.
Back in the days of the tank a shocking number of LEO's did this. One of them was in the damn court house! He had walked out, walked out of the building, got in his car and left. Guys kid goes in, finds gun, calls his Dad. His Dad starts to walk over the the LEO's manning the entrance metal detectors with the gun in his hand. The LEO's at the door tackle him. I am sure the one who they had to track down to ask him "do you know where your service pistol is?" probably never lived that one down :s0140:

Set the entire holster rig on the toilet paper dispenser. I don't care if someone sees through the gaps in the door necessarily as humans tend to be too distracted by their phones to notice a firearm in a holster on a toilet paper dispenser through a crack in a bathroom stall. What I do care about, however, is someone being able to grab it as it sits on the ground through the large gaps between the walls and the floor. Setting the rig on the toilet paper dispenser solves that concern.

Recently had an issue where I had to use the public head, my EDC is a SIG scorpion carry and two mags held OWB.

when I went to handle business as it was I didn't want my rig hitting the deck...for a few reasons, sanitation being among them also not wanting anything visible under the extreme door gaps.

how does everyone else handle this?
Stick it in your bra.

Lorl

There's a hook on the door, but if it's busted....

Well... I guess.... unless you're wearing a skirt or thong panties, squatting with your pants around your ankles creates a fairly sturdy "hammock".
Think of it as putting your pistol where you had your, uhhh.....piss-tol.

It should also be hard to forget that the gun's there... unless you're in the habit of exiting the stall with you pants around your ankles.... but, hey..

I try not to judge. :s0092:

Holster is OWB through beltloops, not practical at all to remove the holster
1) Could add a "paddle holster" to your inventory. I've found them convenient if I am expecting a pants-down situation during the day.

2) All these posts remind me WHY I'll never purchase a "pre-owned" holster. - especially an AIWB... :eek:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads