JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had to go into the Portland Federal building to get some forms a bit after 9-11. Doh..! I realized I had my Spyderco Endura (I left the gun in the car) on my person and I didn't want to hike three blocks back to my car.. and with the 15 minute parking meter ticking down and me with no change or money.
I casually slipped that folder about 18" down into the 24" stack of newspapers in the coin operated vending machine out front. no problems mission accomplished

Pretty cool, Certaindeaf. I recall Mel Gibson doing much the same thing with his .357 in Payback. Quite a flick, that was.

Back to the point: if you don't want to do something illegal and get caught doing it, like bringing your hogleg on base, therefore you... do something illegal and risk getting caught doing it by leaving it laying around outside!

Yes, there are extenuating circumstances that might require an expedient solution, but is it a desirable method, one to be proud of and advertise publicly? On how many levels is that plain WRONG?

Pretty cool, Certaindeaf. I recall Mel Gibson doing much the same thing with his .357 in Payback. Quite a flick, that was.

Back to the point: if you don't want to do something illegal and get caught doing it, like bringing your hogleg on base, therefore you... do something illegal and risk getting caught doing it by leaving it laying around outside!

Yes, there are extenuating circumstances that might require an expedient solution, but is it a desirable method, one to be proud of and advertise publicly? On how many levels is that plain WRONG?
Interesting. I don't know if what I did was cool or illegal. It streamlined my path into the building.. not that a 4" folder is a hand grenade or anything.
What?

Many people go to workplaces every day that don't allow firearms because most workplaces have that policy.

I simply don't carry to my workplace.

It isn't such a dangerous world everywhere that I need to carry all of the time, if ever.

I certainly support the right of any law abiding adult to carry almost anywhere without restriction (open or concealed) or permits, but I just don't feel the need most of the time.

Methinks there be a wee bit of trolling going on.... But I will bite; a little bit.

Guns are like parachutes because when you need one, it is the only thing that will work. I have seen enough of the world to know that the exact moment I don't have a gun, I will need one.

I have carried a concealed handgun a lot of places that I wasn't supposed to have them. Over 25 years now carrying one everywhere and not once have I been stopped by the police because someone reported I had a gun, nor have I been stopped at any gate with an overzealous security guard who thinks he found OBL and wants to search my person, my truck or anything else.

I carry everywhere because I will not allow a madman to have dominion over the decision of whether I live or die. I support everyone's right to carry or not carry anywhere, certainly a personal choice, but I carry every day, everywhere because I will not have my gravestone read "if only I had my gun."

And this recent story we all know is why I carry everywhere. http://www.ammoland.com/2015/06/nj-...or-state-permission-to-own-gun/#axzz3cysnnNc8

In NJ, the place that you can't have a gun is where you live. I mourn Carol for what happened to her, but if she would have just done what was necessary, the law be damned, she might be here today. She would have at least stood a fighting chance.

Everyone, carry everywhere. Conceal properly and stop worrying about being "caught."

Last Edited:
Methinks there be a wee bit of trolling going on.... But I will bite; a little bit.

Guns are like parachutes because when you need one, it is the only thing that will work. I have seen enough of the world to know that the exact moment I don't have a gun, I will need one.

I have carried a concealed handgun a lot of places that I wasn't supposed to have them. Over 25 years now carrying one everywhere and not once have I been stopped by the police because someone reported I had a gun, nor have I been stopped at any gate with an overzealous security guard who thinks he found OBL and wants to search my person, my truck or anything else.

I carry everywhere because I will not allow a madman to have dominion over the decision of whether I live or die. I support everyone's right to carry or not carry anywhere, certainly a personal choice, but I carry every day, everywhere because I will not have my gravestone read "if only I had my gun."

And this recent story we all know is why I carry everywhere. http://www.ammoland.com/2015/06/nj-...or-state-permission-to-own-gun/#axzz3cysnnNc8

In NJ, the place that you can't have a gun is where you live. I mourn Carol for what happened to her, but if she would have just done what was necessary, the law be damned, she might be here today. She would have at least stood a fighting chance.

Everyone, carry everywhere. Conceal properly and stop worrying about being "caught."
That's fine, and you have every right as a law abiding citizen to concealed carry any firearm you want - without a permit (you just can't do it legally most places).

But everything is a compromise. The chance of actually needing a firearm is very very low for most people most of the time - at least it is for me.

Almost every employer I have worked for in the last 3 decades has had strict policies about "weapons" at the workplace, explicitly prohibiting them and it would result in instant termination and it would also probably result in me not being able to get another job in my profession as the word would get around.

There are very few places I have worked where I wished I had a firearm while getting to work (downtown Seattle near the international district was one exception, but I only had that gig for less than a year) so I just don't feel the need to carry most of the time.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top