JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know I know you kit out what you do have. I have 4 pistols that need holsters (no run on holsters LOL) I been meaning to get bore snakes for all my different calibers and such. I filled out a couple of reloading needs (stuff that ain't in big demand like primer pocket cleaning brushes) I'm looking at building a real nice (I mean really really nice) hardwood carrying box for the Winchester 1885 Hi Wall I am waiting for the BGC on. Something like Baltic Birch 13 ply 1/4" Plywood with some super fancy Walnut veneer over it. Then some nice Red Felt lining. Place for the Long range Sights and a 6X Long tube scope maybe a box of 45-70 and some cleaning stuff. All nice like something a traveling shooter would have carried in the early 1900's

Maybe its time to clean up your reloading bench area (I know mines a mess) Maybe drag the welder out and make up one of them cool dueling tree's to shoot at if you can ever find ammo again.

Always something to do in the hobby beside drive from one Bi Mart to the next hoping to find a brick of .22 shells.

I've been going to the range and just chucking quarters by the handful downrange at my target.
I'm actually saving a lot of money these days.

I joke, I joke...
But I am getting a lot better with all my .22's.

I have 4 pistols that need holsters (no run on holsters LOL)

Actually, I think there is a shortage of holsters along with seemingly everything else related to firearms... I recently bought a new handgun and when searching for a holster, most holster manufacturer's websites mention that waiting multiple weeks is required.

I still shoot weekly as long as I don't keep getting called in on days off:mad:
I also tell others I hope they remember this panic shortage when it's over but, that is most likely a waste of time. Most learned nothing from the last couple big ones so I do not expect many to learn from this one either :s0092:

OH I just ordered two holsters from Midway of course one is for my Remington R51 (I should go shoot that one day I think I have had it almost 2 years now) the other for a snub nose .38 to fit my Charter Arms undercover.

I also tell others I hope they remember this panic shortage when it's over but, that is most likely a waste of time. Most learned nothing from the last couple big ones so I do not expect many to learn from this one either :s0092:

I am absolutely appalled the amount of people that have gone to buy ammo and are completely blown away to discover the shelves are bare. Then they call me up wanting some of mine.

Same with guns. They call me up to ask my opinion of a certain gun. I tell them my opinion, but then tell them it doesn't matter, as that gun will not be available. They argue that there are lots of guns at their dealer. Then a week later, they call me again.
:s0037:

And these are the same folks that called me up needing ammo, last time.

I am absolutely appalled the amount of people that have gone to buy ammo and are completely blown away to discover the shelves are bare. Then they call me up wanting some of mine.

Same with guns. They call me up to ask my opinion of a certain gun. I tell them my opinion, but then tell them it doesn't matter, as that gun will not be available. They argue that there are lots of guns at their dealer. Then a week later, they call me again.
:s0037:
It is amazing to watch this. I had seen panics before the net came along and could understand it took a while for word to spread. This one? After the last one? Still daily see people jump online to announce they just found out there is a panic, 9 months after it started?:confused:
It's a lot like the gun laws that go in, then years later shooters get all kinds of mad when they find out about this "new law" that went in a year or two before. :s0054:

Coincidentally, my cousin wandered over yesterday and we had a shoot-the-bull session
six feet apart with masks in the driveway at 10pm. He was going on about the news and
politics and annoyed. I was much happier, as I make it a practice not to watch the news
save for 5-10 mins per week and nearly always, local news.

Then he blurted out this comment (non-gun owner), "with all this going on and the likelihood
of things continuing their downward spiral, I think it's time for me to buy a gun."

The talk pretty much ended then. But when I got back inside, I sent him email explaining that
a gun isn't a panacea for safety. Understanding the laws which delineate when to use it is
important as well as taking classes (classroom as well as practical shooting). I attached
articles of backlog and spikes in firearm and ammo costs. I closed the email by stating
that those NOW deciding to purchase will be paying a premium price and standing in lines
watching and waiting.

Coincidentally, my cousin wandered over yesterday and we had a shoot-the-bull session
six feet apart with masks in the driveway at 10pm. He was going on about the news and
politics and annoyed. I was much happier, as I make it a practice not to watch the news
save for 5-10 mins per week and nearly always, local news.

Then he blurted out this comment (non-gun owner), "with all this going on and the likelihood
of things continuing their downward spiral, I think it's time for me to buy a gun."

The talk pretty much ended then. But when I got back inside, I sent him email explaining that
a gun isn't a panacea for safety. Understanding the laws which delineate when to use it is
important as well as taking classes (classroom as well as practical shooting). I attached
articles of backlog and spikes in firearm and ammo costs. I closed the email by stating
that those NOW deciding to purchase will be paying a premium price and standing in lines
watching and waiting.
I think your experience also highlights the likelihood the shortage of firearms / ammo / ect will continue as more and more new people become gun owners. (Along with other reasons for the shortage).

Fishing ! I did use a bat to subdue the 48 in halibut so that counts as baseball and fishing !

IMG950762.jpg IMG_2353.JPG 20170722_153744.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews