JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I was just curious what all people carry in there Range bags? I was going to get a dual Rifle Tactical case but I ended up getting a good deal on a dual Hard case one from bi-mart ($23) so I went that that instead and then purchased a range bag. When ever I am out shooting I always think of something i wish I had with me (tools, extra battery's etc) So what do you guys have in yours that you have found to be nice to have with you? :confused:

A package of extra foam ear plugs (when you bring friends someone *always* forgets their ears), little orange sticker targets, extra batteries, broken case extractor, tape for covering holes, AR front sight adjuster thingy, keys to cases, a stapler, and a plastic garbage bag for bringing back any "reactive" targets I decide to destroy (usually soda cans). I put a little mini first aid kit in there too just in case. Also you know, mags, ammo, that stuff.

Once I get some NFA stuff I will probably put copies of the stamps in it too.

Various calibers of ammo I am going to use that day. Ear protection for me and my Son as well as extra foam earplugs.

My leatherman is also with me to extract any jammed shells.

Other misc items are: bipod, a small bottle of gun oil, staple gun with staples, chamber flags, flashlight, paper targets, safety glasses(for the younger shooters especially), towel to put over bench if nothing is available at the range, ziploc bags for spent brass casings, notepad and pen for whatever..........

still all fits in a backpack.......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I do not think I have a problem. I'm told that the first step to recovery is to admit your problem..... Screw them. I have NO problem.

First aid kit, clean towel, cleaning kits for my firearms, leatherman, extra foam earplugs and safety glasses to share if needed, ammo, extra mags, something to snack on and paper targets of zombies that just happen to resemble Speaker of the House, Pelosi:D Steve.

First aid kit, clean towel, cleaning kits for my firearms, leatherman, extra foam earplugs and safety glasses to share if needed, ammo, extra mags, something to snack on and paper targets of zombies that just happen to resemble Speaker of the House, Pelosi. :D Steve.

I tend to carry ammo for the time out there, my earplugs, a pack of generic foam earplugs for loaners, my tinted shooting glasses and extra mags. All this fits in my pistol gun case. I never actually keep my pistol in there as it's always on me.
On days I take my rifle(s), shotgun out, I take 2 long guns in one case and a rubbermaid tupperware container to fit all the shells and other ammo.

Why superglue? Same reason as the first aid kit?

I use a mesh draw string bag for brass, the dirt falls out. For a real time saver make a 6'x'8' net with mesh smaller than a 9mm case and weight in the corners to catch the brass.
Little 1st aid kit with some Vironex hand wipes and duct tape. IFAK or blow out kit depending.
A first aid kit and IFAK are not the same thing.
Tools and cleaning kit. Batteries for every thing I use. Lenspen, lens tissue and cleaning solution.
Granola bars.
Shooting glasses and muffs with a few packs of foam plugs.
Stapler and tape
Knee and elbow pads, gloves.
Spotting scope and binoculars depending.
Cigars.
Large garbage bag or rain fly for the range bag.
Pens and pencils, the pencils work better in the rain, sharpie. Note pad.
Targets.

I shoot so many different matches I now have three dedicated range bags for them and 1 for trips to the benches to work on rifles I have another.

Oh man! I use a soft tool bag for a range bag; it's tough, cheap, and has lots of pockets for stuff. And do i bring stuff!!

Besides expected things like ear and eye protection, stapler, magic markers, and duct tape, i bring tools. A small ball peen hammer, punches, screwdriver with different tips, very small adjustable wrench, 4" vice grips, metal and plastic picks, superglue, metal for shims, 3" c-clamp, SKS sight adjustment tool, felt (for bedding), scissors, flashlight, metal files, needle nose pliers, snap-ring pliers, who knows what else.

And before anyone asks, yes, i do use things. Last time at the range i was adjusting a new tall sight on my M24/47. And that takes tools...

I bring most of the stuff that has been listed.

Must have, box of every hex wrench that fits every gizmo on all the rifles!
Lens cleaning stuff.
Bore light.

Why superglue? Same reason as the first aid kit?

I use the super glue in case I bust a knuckle or cut my finger while loading my rifle or pistol mags. I guess I'm a clutz, because I have done that several times, so Yes, I use it as a makeshift bandage. I'm sure there could be other uses, but that is all I use it for at this time.

I always have a first aid kit and tools in my car.

Range bags (3 of 'em): stapler, ear muffs and plugs, knee and elbow pads, pen, tape measure, log books, walkie talkies, calculator, range finder, binoculars, spotting scope and stands (bench and large) for it, rifle dope tables, ballistic computer, mil dot master, compass, belt keepers, gloves, chamber flags, screwdriver with 6 bits, multi tool, 2 kinds of pliers, 2 kinds of adjustable wrenches, allen wrenches, micarta block,
extra staples, copy of the range rules for my gun club, note pad, notebook of long distance information, range cards, extra diagram paper.

Any firearms, magazines, ammo and so on go elsewhere.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top