JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Kel-Tec P3AT (chrome slide) in a Pale Horse Back Pocket Holster.

Not the best gun, but one I can take with me more often than others. The gun you have with you is better than the one you left at home in the safe.

I meant to say CONCEALED carry in the title. My bad.

OCing isn't an option unless I want to attract attention, because that's all it does in my part of town if you're young like me.

It makes people hate you if you're my age - regardless of how well you are dressed, or what car you are driving. If you're older, it really does make that much of a difference.
I don't look remotely sketch, but people will call me in for a MWAG anyways.

Would be nice to have a sidearm that could be more easily concealed than a fullsize.
What do you guys think of a p2000 .40, or a USP compact .40?

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be nice to have a sidearm that could be more easily concealed than a fullsize.
What do you guys think of a p2000 .40, or a USP compact .40?

Have you thought about a Kahr? Little more to work with than a pocket pistol, single-stack so you don't have the thickness of a Glock or XD compact, polymer frame for lightness. I've shot one once (9mm PM9) and found it enjoyable to shoot. Can't say I enjoy shooting my P3AT all that much. Anyway, if I was looking for a concealed carry gun again, I'd give one of those serious consideration.

I take with me what I think I need for the threat level I precieve. Most of the time, like walking the dog(Sam) I carry a Smith 38 special and one extra load. In the rare occasion I go out of town I carry a gun with high mag capacity, glock 26. Both about the same in size and weight but the Smith goes in my pocket well and the glock has to have a holster because of the trigger.

jj

I have a ruger p90 in a fanny pack i carry when i'm out and about.........

Aluminium frame, and a ss slide, so no worries with rust, and commander length bbl.....

Used to use a lw commander in the fanny pack, but the thumb safety kept getting 'wiped' off and with little ones in the back seat sometimes, that was unacceptable...like the fact the the ruger has the fp out of alignment unless the trigger is pulled.....the first round is 'crunchy' on letoff, but if i have time to worry about that, i'd have time to cock it.....

Fanny pack works well for me in my sitrep, the cops know it's a gunbag, maybe some bad guys do too, and us gunnies know, but it's legal, being 'out-of-sight'......easy on and easy off...like putting on webgear to go outside.......
--carlos

Used to carry a G19 in a Milt Sparks VM2 IWB before I tried my 5" Springfield Loaded 1911, again in a Milt Sparks VM2. I also carry a P3AT from time to time in a K&D IWB holster.

Sometimes it's this...

...and sometimes it's this in a SERPA or Galco Jackass, not just another pretty face, she's built for "go" not "show":

And sometimes the Not-Glamorous but incredibly reliable Glock G21 in a SERPA under jacket...

When I was resident of Indiana and had a CCW this was the daily companion. Its a Colt Gov't Model made in 1933 and used by the Argentina Policia Federal.

Before they were exported back to the US they were refinished because they had rust and pitting. This one has no collector value but I got it for $315. I replaced all the springs, barrel bushing, mainspring housing, added a buffer and high profile sights. The holsters are a Galco IWB and the other belt holster is a Bianchi Askins Avenger. I usually carried 2 spare magazines in a left side black cordura pouch that was very flat against the body. I never felt under-gunned with this old boy. It shoots real good.

Grips are an ancient set of Bianchi fingergroove. I like 'em for fast shooting.

colt1-vi.jpg

Dutch

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top