JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Switch between this and a G19:

crayon.jpg

Comptac MTAC

Picture-014.jpg

Where and when do you carry in the jackass holster? I've always thought they were excellent, but you would never be able to take your jacket off..

Hi Charles,

It's jacket weather up here about 9 months out of the year, so that's not a problem; If it's warm and I need to run into Fred's or something I'll toss on my lightweight windbreaker-type jacket so's to not spook the sheeple.

I haven't picked up a Miami Classic for my Glock so when I want to carry shoulder-style the 1911 is the only option I have now.

I'm a licensed PI here in WA with armed endorsement, so I go OC sometimes when working more comfortably than most people would be able to in their jobs at State Farm or Safeway.

My ususal attire is white shirt, tie, Dockers and nice shoes and I drive a new car, so I don't scare anybody too much when I'm out investigating an accident scene.

The coolest thing about this Jackass rig is that it's one of the old ones that was made to carry the 1911 in Condition One (cocked and locked) rather than with the hammer down, as they are made now.
Having to unholster, then hassle with racking the slide, just seems like bad tactics to me when you might have a fraction of a second to respond to an oncoming threat.

I wouldn't carry a 1911 in one of the new Jackass holsters for that reason, I'd carry something like a Glock.

I carry either my Wilsom Combat KZ45 Compact or my Kimber Pro Carry II cocked and locked every day. Currently in a Sharkskin IWB from Rafters Gun Leather until my Texes Heritage gets here from Tuckers gun leather

For many years past: Usually the Walther PP (German) or the Remington 51, both in .380. Both are exceptionally reliable. On rarer occasions, like a night at the opera, a Baby Browning. In the field and in the pack, a Colt Woodsman Sport, Second Model, parkerized.

These days: Either the Kahr PM 9 in a Mika, a Sig 239 in a CompTac CTAC or a nickel SW 442 in a Mika.

Carry a Millenium Pro in 40S&W mostly in a shoulder rig of unknown make, (aka, cheap gun show). I ride motorcycle alot and need to figure out a good setup that will work on the bike and when I'm not on the bike. I have one of those fanny pack setups but haven't tried it yet.

Not too big on the SERPA for concealment purposes..holds the weapon way too far out from the body.. The Fobus paddle is much more concealable.. Since I choose my mode of dress to facilitate concealed carry..as opposed to carrying for what I wear..in the Winter months..it's usually my HK full size USP in .45.... And..of course..a BUG ..

Chainsawman, found ridding Harley most comfortable in jacket weather,
shoulder rig and second waist carry bag with outhside pencil holder and
wallet carry pocket. None of the waist carry are comfortable for me.
Since retirement, I find my self with carry in a holster for condition one
with a slightly modified 1911 A1 and jacket weather. Otherwise it's a
Glock 27, Uncle Mike paddle, Kydex.

Nope, all is fair! There are three Ravens and the wife's Spainish
purse gun in this household. They just are not my primary weapons
Yours a neat little pistol. All the 25s get loads with Winchester Silver
Tips ( Little steel ball in the nose of the hollow point.):s0155:

Thanks Oohrah for the tip on the Winchesters, I will look into those. I'm currently using both Magsafe and FMJs in the clip.

It's interesting to note that ammunition is a frequent topic on the gun forums, yet the professional reviewers rarely seem to do actual side-by-side comparisons of them, at least online anyway.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top